It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopping the use of RT news as a source

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There is really just one side to the story and CNN,BBC,RT,PRESS TV,AL JAZIRA etc,,They are all in it together...It just seems like two or three sides so people can have an alternative to go to and release their tensions while having a beer blaming the other parties for their own misfortune...a useless circle of misinformation for the masses and a very effective tool to control and shape the society for TPTB.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: yuppa

RT being a self proclaimed Russian Government mouth piece speaks volumes about those who defend it with the usual

"But... But.... But... FOX, CNN, BBC are just as bad"

Is that blatant insult supposed to be a point of some kind?

Just checking.
edit on 28-5-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well this is turning out to be a hot issue. I have just asked the owner and mods to review it an d make a decision. PErsonally i dispise RT because it blatantly says what it is and so many trolls and shills use it to bash anything not russian. Its a Troll program itself just like others who were deemed too dishonest to remain sources.

So you may disagree with my opinion but i do have a valid point. YEah i also know better than to take all other programs at face valueas well. i wish all of them had to tell the truth all the time but they dont all the time...BUT not as much as RT does. I feel Skeptic Overlord prolly feels its one of the less than reputable sources(next to Press TV i swear the rusians could learn something from them)

But if the Owners decide to allow it to continue to be used thats fine and I am satisfied I tried.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

But you don't have examples of the lies they spew out that are so outrageous that it needs to be banned as a news source?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
It's depressing to see the site owner actually trying to argue in favour of banning RT.... while defending US news outlets who do the EXACT SAME thing.

I'm not in favor of banning Russia Today, just pragmatically being aware of the provenience of the source.

I wasn't "defending" US news sources, merely pointing out the reality of how/why those organizations have adopted bias.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It was in another thread dealing with th eukraine situation. I will not go back through that many pages to find it. It was a post by dragonrider or Xcartha i think if you want to find it yourself.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

So one example and the source should be banned? Little quick with the judgement huh?
And you could at least link the thread, there is a couple about Ukraine last time I checked
edit on thWed, 28 May 2014 13:35:14 -0500America/Chicago520141480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

RT is state sponsored propaganda.........Deny ignorance. It really is that simple.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I would say all new's sources have there string's pulled and there are no truly unbiased large new's corporations around the world, RT is a propeganda machine but so too is CNN and to a degree the BBC (Especially after the Tory party gagged them and ordered a behind the scened purge of what they called LABOUR simpethisers).
I wish we did have a free and open press but in today's world that is like pissing into the wind.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

RT is state sponsored propaganda.........Deny ignorance. It really is that simple.

And therefore you think this news story should be banned?

rt.com...

Is that really state sponsored propoganda? Or a reasoned article on a serious issue?

or what about this?

rt.com...

State lies? Disinformation? Hoax?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
What news sources are reliable without any bias? I'd be interested to know your suggestions

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

In my mind it is simple.......If the government is paying for it the source can not be trusted. BBC falls into this category also.

Ban it..........NO. Trust it 100%..........NO. I actually think it is wrong to ban anything. That is why we are here to nit pick it apart piece by piece.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

It is not depressing it is actually refreshing. The sight owner has free thought and opinions.........This can not be.

RT is state sponsored propaganda. It really is.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruthwhat news sources would you recommend?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

All news is state propaganda. ..
I am sure you can find some threads about us government officials in our news rooms

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: SubTruthwhat news sources would you recommend?

All of them and none of them......Get my meaning? Truth is subjective and the facts need to be sorted and torn apart.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

All news is state propaganda. ..
I am sure you can find some threads about us government officials in our news rooms

I agree 100%. Sights like ATS are great for finding the truth because of people checking and looking at things from all sides. Truth is subjective and many stories we see today are truth based.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I think you could live on this planet for 200 years and still not know the truth,what you can do however is get a very good feel for what the truth is not,yes Russia Today is a Putin media organ however I have seen programmes on the Bildeberg group,the Gulf oil spill and several other topics on it which the Western media wont touch so I wouldn't ban it.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Man this site truly is declining by the minute. I can't believe this is the second thread within a month suggesting this.

Yes RT is propaganda, but suggesting other news outlets are " different" in their approach is just a load of bullocks.

I can't believe how you people can forget stuff so easily. There has to be something in the drinking water over there. You distrust your government, you accuse your government of trying to wipe you guys out ( fema and the lot ) knowing this you still believe your government/news what ya wanna call it is different or better then the rest.

Honestly the fact I have seen FOX news pop up in here is just a disgrace over all the years of " denying ignorance ". How many times have they been caught red handed altering images all for a good story. Or cutting the feed because Justin bier got out kinder garden.

Shrugs, we are doomed I tell ya.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join