It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stopping the use of RT news as a source

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
RT has been caught in a lot o f lies recently. They have been proven and have demonstrated they are willing to deceivethe rest of th eworld and their own people. RT is no better than stormwatch now and other banned sources. I humbly ask that the ATS staff review its use as a reliable source of information.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

RT has been caught in a lot o f lies recently.

So has every other news outlet...should we ban them all?

They are all liars.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
RT has been caught in a lot o f lies recently. They have been proven and have demonstrated they are willing to deceivethe rest of th eworld and their own people. RT is no better than stormwatch now and other banned sources. I humbly ask that the ATS staff review its use as a reliable source of information.

So have Fox News, CNN and almost every other News Channel out there.
You may as well just ban ALL MSM sources.
RT tells the same BS story from the other side, may not be YOUR side but at least it gives a different perspective.

edit on 28/5/14 by blupblup because: Spelling

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

CNN fake 1st Gulf War newscast in Saudi Arabia.

BBC WTC7.

Pretty much every outlet lies about Iran and other Middle Easter countries.

Heck I could go on forever...

I agree, let's ban them all!

No more news outlets on ATS!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

i am new here can you tell me what news sources are banned please just in case i quote from one

but i like r.t as a news channel you just have to shift thru the wheat from the chaff with all of them

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

I disagree. Of course cnn has gotten caught bsing or playing up a story... But that was a big deal. It had to do retractions and lost credibility, a really bad thing for a news organization. As far as I know fox doesn't do that. They just continue lying. I'm not real familiar with RT. So I'm not sure how honest they are.

But the difference between a real news site and one we can't trust should be how the react to " mistakes". If they have to scramble to make a retraction before screwing up there credibility the there cool. If it's an alternative news place that openly misleads with out ever posting a retraction... Then it's gotta go.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Could you give some examples of these lies from RT?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

The primary difference is that Russia Today (RT) is a self-proclaimed government managed "news organization" with the stated purpose of promoting Russian ideals while denigrating western governments through misinformation.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

RT is the only news source worth watching, it puts all others to shame.. Go RT !!!!!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

The primary difference is that Russia Today (RT) is a self-proclaimed government managed "news organization" with the stated purpose of promoting Russian ideals while denigrating western governments through misinformation.

At least RT states that up front.. US news agencies are Government Propaganda news agencies under the guise of being fair.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Isn't that exactly what CNN ABC CBS ABc Fox and all the rest of ours do? Seriously? How many news stations across our country run "Verbatim" news stories. I'd call that state sanctioned also.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyDee

Isn't that exactly what CNN ABC CBS ABc Fox and all the rest of ours do? Seriously? How many news stations across our country run "Verbatim" news stories. I'd call that state sanctioned also.

US news agencies read scripts not report news...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I regularly listen to the BBC World Service, Voice of America, and the Voice of Russia, the different spin on the same stories is a useful reminder that everyone has their own agenda, never mind the commercialy interested media outlets.
I say no, don't ban RT as a source on ATS, we need to discuss all the various 'sources' to try and reach a reasoned opinion about all of the various BS out there.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I get your point, but it does not change the fact that they are both the exact same thing. At least RT admits what they are meanwhile the Western media outlets portray an illusion of journalistic freedom and integrity.

RT can be considered Luigi the leg breaker, meanwhile the other outlets can be considered the used car salesman...at the end of the day they are both trying to screw you. At least RT will look you in the eye while it breaks your legs, the used car salesmen outlets will still continue their deceit while they urinate on you pretending not to break your legs.

That being said, RT, regardless of its obvious intentions/agenda, does deliver the most honest news compared to all other mainstream outlets. Sure, RT puts outs some crap, but they also report on some gems that cannot be matched by any other outlets.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

We should also ban blogs, YouTube videos, newspapers, the media in general, members and...wow, doesn't leave much in the way of sources.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: douglas5

I disagree. Of course cnn has gotten caught bsing or playing up a story... But that was a big deal. It had to do retractions and lost credibility, a really bad thing for a news organization. As far as I know fox doesn't do that. They just continue lying. I'm not real familiar with RT. So I'm not sure how honest they are.

But the difference between a real news site and one we can't trust should be how the react to " mistakes". If they have to scramble to make a retraction before screwing up there credibility the there cool. If it's an alternative news place that openly misleads with out ever posting a retraction... Then it's gotta go.

i am not sure what you disagree with

me liking rt as a news [show] i like Max Keiser
They are no better or worse than the rest and who else would give larry king a gig these days

edit on 28/5/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

That's exactly what CNN and other Western news outlets do ...and they get their publishing orders from the White House .. at least RT has some shred of making sense ..

Taking a stance to ban RT would question the motives of this website that we have all come to see a neutral discussion platform ... lets not make it political ..
edit on 5/28/2014 by junglimogli because: (no reason given)

RT was never an issue before Crimea .. and what NATO started there .. banning it would prove this site is not neutral, and gets swayed by politics ..and personal agendas ..
edit on 5/28/2014 by junglimogli because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Fox News argued in the Florida State Supreme Court that there is no law requiring them to tell the truth in their news broadcasts, nor is it their company policy to do so.

Fox News admits they lie and distort the news

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

So what are you saying? RT should be treated like beforeitsnews? I think it should be. I don't think it should have a place here. I may distrust CNN but it's not BLATANTLY and ADMITTEDLY run by the US government.

RT has the worst history, is still run by an awful country, and shouldn't be taken any more seriously than a British tabloid.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Actually the BBC is funded in the exact same way that RT is and is "Government owned" too.

If you're even remotely contemplating "banning" RT as a source then I think that would be a disgrace, unless you also ban ALL MSM sources then you would be just as biased as those you're trying to censor.
edit on 28/5/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join