It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not One More !

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2How many American lives were saved last year due to law abiding citizens legally owning guns??? You might want to check into that...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Good question!

The vast majority go unreported to law enforcement.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

No I only have a typed copy if your familiar with the taking over of alters,submission by stages,or demonic possession and how that works you'd be on the right track.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Sorry to hear that. I've been looking on line for it. So as to at least understand the terminology a bit better, at the least.

Most of them seem, if you'll pardon me, a bit too hysterical. I'm not finding anything resembling a peer reviewed article/research... But early days yet on my search.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

eh fair enough and i do understand your point of view especially on sharing personal life events and triggers and not wanting to be called names for your opinion,having worked (for a short period of time not as main employ,more of a training program) at such a hospital in ca i know how they can be at times and how in some cases people can wrongly end up in such places against their will.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

For every genuine victim theres 99 crazies to drown them out good information is hard to find

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
three of the six people murdered were murdered with a knife. do you want to ban knives too?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
«May your blood fall over your heads.»
I had enough insults and attacks.

edit on v2014145America/ChicagoThu, 29 May 2014 05:21:05 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
a reply to: voyger2How many American lives were saved last year due to law abiding citizens legally owning guns??? You might want to check into that...

Better yet, how many crimes are never committed because the would-be perpetrator is deterred by the mere possibility that their would-be victim is armed? That's a number that can never be quantified, but its a reasonable assumption to believe its a large number.

By the same token, ask yourself why violent crime and homicides tend to be rare in rural areas, even though police response times in those areas tends to be laughably bad. Anyone who lives out there will tell you its because the criminals know that there's a high probability that the homeowners are armed and those criminals would prefer an easier mark. You know, easier marks like those in the gun banning cities, where violent crime is off the charts. Coincidence? I think not.
edit on 29-5-2014 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2

Aren't you the same guy who has suggested that people who use a firearm for self defense or hunting were cowards? Yep, you did on page 3. And aren't you the same guy who suggested that people disagreeing with you in this thread were mentally ill? Yep, on page 12.

Might want to take a look in the mirror.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Considering you are the one doing the insulting and attacking maybe you should refrain from posting until you are able to converse with other people like a rational and understanding human being.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Sir I was a psychotronic warfare victim for 12 years and you would not believe what they can do to you and do in general I wasn't trying to be smart- there are now technologies and capabilities which make guns redundant, but that is not anyones current paradigm to know nor care whats coming so I stick with what is known; at no point have I inferred that I am an expert,intellectually superior,nor cast dispersions on peoples politics,mental state or manhood which I have been getting continuosly since joining this thread.I have not advocated mass confiscation or banning guns,merely denying the mentally ill and criminals guns as well as strict controls on assault style weapons sorry but I dont have to be Samuel Colt to have an opinion.

Ah, that explains a lot.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
We need gun laws because all the laws against drugs are working so well....(sarcasm)

The problem is not that we have access to guns, the problem is that so many people have no respect for life and have no love for their fellow man.
You can't legislate what dwells in the hearts of men. I grew up with guns my whole life. My dad was an avid gun collector and the best present he ever gave me was a 20 gauge shotgun when I was about 9 years old. While we were surrounded by weapons we were also taught to be kind, compassionate and forgiving of our fellow man. My dad is now 71 and has more guns than I can count, yet he is the most peaceful and humble man you will ever meet. Guns are not the problem...people are.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Yes! those who use gun's are cowards. and yes, those o personally attacked me w/ insults because i have an opinion are mental ill. and there are lot's of post's w/ personal insults to me. In 19 pages I would say 18 pages.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Yes! those who use gun's are cowards.

So how do you protect your home and family if there is an unlawful entry into your residence?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

I use guns to hunt and I have used a gun to protect my family from a home invasion. I posted about it on ATS a few times, the most current was last year:
Home invasion

Does that make me a coward?

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Honestly, I can understand why you have such a crippling fear of firearms and why you hold the opinion that anyone with one is prone to "pop like corn." My rebuttal to that would be that *most* American firearm owners have the ability to differentiate between an "attack" and a "disagreement." Frankly, if I lived in a head that told me anyone who disagreed with me was attacking me and possibly mental ill, I'd be afraid to have a firearm within arms reach, too. This strikes me as another situation in which someone has no grasp of perspective and needs to spend some time contemplating life outside their own skull, but as with almost all of these perspectiveless situations, it's far easier to wildly flail at whatever scares you about others instead of addressing the real problem: irrational personal fear.

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yes! those who use gun's are cowards.

So how do you protect your home and family if there is an unlawful entry into your residence?

Tell the intruder, in a loud and clear voice, "NO! I am a brave man who has no use for a fi
*BANG*
*THUD*

OK, don't worry so much about the clear part, just be loud and talk fast so you can get it all out...

posted on May, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparky63

I use guns to hunt and I have used a gun to protect my family from a home invasion. I posted about it on ATS a few times, the most current was last year:
Home invasion

Does that make me a coward?

It makes you well prepared and indicates that you have a firm grip on reality.
A lot of people have that grip on reality, but alas, there are those few that do not.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join