It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A chilling message from the cartels:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusdynamite
Surely this is where the U.S. should be putting it's resources - not abroad.

There isn't as much profit patrolling the border as there is bombing other nations.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Legalize and tax, and you will see the border being patroled by armed military. At that point they would be protecting their tax base.

Problem with that is that it could empower taxing agencies, which is not what America needs.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I am sure glad we have willingly given up some of our freedoms for Homeland Security to keep us safe! /sarcasm

Where is Homeland Security on this issue?

Wouldn't this be considered terrorism?

I'll bet if this happened in DC, Homeland Security would be amassing their new Federal "Army" immediately.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanzHenry

originally posted by: pheonix358

Rome was destroyed from within. Perhaps instead of going OS to find enemies, the US could put its military on the southern border and seal it properly.

destroyed from within due to massive IMMIGRATION.. immigration is always detrimental to those already there, only beneficial to the newcomers.

This is why America should of stayed very "selective" and pre-judging... and ran out any foreigners that moved in. This would have kept them ALL out, good or bad.

what is better than having both? NEITHER one.

But....but.... we have let everybody in. The hell with old immigration laws. They worked well enough a hundred years ago at Ellis Island, why not now? Only Americans have to abide by the law. But, I do need my lawn cut.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Texas with their extreme right wing anti-drug attitude is what gave the cartels power.

Texas often gets blamed for everything it seems. The US is in charge of the borders - may be that needs to change.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yet the US is sending Mexico around 300-400 million dollars a year to COMBAT the cartels. Sounds more like we're funding them!
edit on 24-5-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Rome was destroyed from within. Perhaps instead of going OS to find enemies, the US could put its military on the southern border and seal it properly.

destroyed from within due to massive IMMIGRATION.. immigration is always detrimental to those already there, only beneficial to the newcomers.

This is why America should of stayed very "selective" and pre-judging... and ran out any foreigners that moved in. This would have kept them ALL out, good or bad.

I see a huge problem coming as less and less farm lands are planted, workers who don't even speak English are not going to find jobs and instead of going home i think they will turn to crime. The Mexican Mafia operates in Ca heavily already.

410,000 -500,000 acres — could go unplanted in the central Valley the same is happening to farm jobs all over the US and most of the work on these increases done by legal and illegal immigrants.

As many as 14,500 full time and seasonal jobs could be lost as a ... bad it's going to be," said Dave Kranz

14,000 workers unemployable in anything but farms and it will grow if the changes to weather continues as i believe it will.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That's the farthest your thought pattern goes? Put them all out, they are causing all the crime. You want to put my parents out, who moved here in the 80's and worked there asses off, legally, to get what they have? And the millions of other legal immigrants in this country abiding by the law?

You sure it's all the immigrants doing the crime?

You sure the US government does not allow these cartels to operate, and even gives them friggin guns to increase their abilities of chaos?

Sit and think for a bit, my red blooded American friend...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: gusdynamite
Surely this is where the U.S. should be putting it's resources - not abroad.

The problem is IMO there are those who do not wish to assimilate and become Americans but change the very fabric of the country to something that resembles the place the fled from. Kinda like Californians moving to a new state because of taxes and then trying to make their new home a clone of what they left.

If they come here, and stick there own culture, fine. American "culture" is crap anyway. Mind numbing T.V., sports, fattening foods, bulls**t fashion, bleh. Culture with no real roots in utility, history, or method. Everyhting tailored towards immediate entertainment.

Most come here to get a better opportunity to make a living that is much more harder or hazardous in their country. If it was not so, they would stay. People should not waste there time complaining that they are not acting American enough. It is there culture, there roots, leave em alone. Now if they start trying to pass that off onto other people, and start trying to assimilate them into their culture, then that is a legitimate complaint.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Are they piñatas? Maybe they are filled with candy. Has anybody hit them with a stick?

The cartels might just be giving us gifts, because they are good people who just want to do the work hanging the effigies that Americans won't do. Illegal alien mexican criminals are so harmless that they don't even warrant being locked up in the USA, after all.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Immigration, specially of the illegal kind, is beneficial to the newcomers (obviously) but is mostly beneficial to those that use them to pay less than they would pay if they were legal workers.

those 'users' are the globalist bankster corps.

this is why no non American should be allowed to own a darn thing here: not a single stock, bond, real estate or otherwise.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

this is why no non American should be allowed to own a darn thing here: not a single stock, bond, real estate or otherwise.

It would be funny if all countries did that.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This is getting beyond embarrassing. A large portion of my family currently habitat's North California and I urge them every time I visit or speak to them to leave. The state is in a severe record breaking drought and day by day the southern part of the state is being over run it seems.
These drug cartels are ruthless and I have no doubt that the U.S government is supporting this group of people to carry out there "deeds."
It honestly sickens me to see and to hear what they are doing to their own country and now it's spilling over to the southern states who share a border with Mexico.

I'm most certainly not surprised that very little is being done to stop this. . .

~Sovereign

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well if we stopped fighting a proxy war there in the Yucatan among other places, while simultaneously running guns for drugs to the cartels, maybe it would not be as bad.

The cartel problem has increased ever since the CIA started operations in South America and most certainly Mexico.

We empower criminals in the West, that's like foreign policy 101 these days.

Sad but true.

~Tenth

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So these drug cartels are funded by who, american drug users, who arms them, american governement.

But mexicans are the problem right.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
There could be if they snatch all the cash of crossers like they do of citizens.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

It's probably fair to lay a fair % of the Cartel development within Mexico on the doorstep of America. In this case, it fits. It starts at or before we did things like build their version of the CIA for them in the 80's under Reagans anti-commie efforts further South, to training Los Zetas as an elite counter-narco force, just to watch them flip everyone the bird and flip sides to become what they'd been made the best to fight. (Ummm... That went real well, eh?)

Then we have Fast and Furious and to get technical, we can even go back to unintended consequences born out of the determined hunt for the Colombia Cartels in addition to past pressure in Peru and Bolivia. It all funneled it North in different ways.

Having said that? The Cartels ARE NOT funded by North American drug use profit. They were built on it, no doubt. They diversified beyond that a long time ago now. As others have noted, they run in everything from extortion and prostitution to outright human trafficking of slaves for sex and labor both, to contract work for outside groups and, dare we suspect, Governments too for that matter.

The Cartels have been every bit the proper definition of an N.G.O. for quite some time. May as well treat them that way, IMO. We'll stop getting our butts kicked thinking they are just giant street gangs or something.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

We'll stop getting our butts kicked thinking they are just giant street gangs or something

Isn't that exactly what this 'war' is about?

Two or three 'street gangs' power playing nations? (CIA, FBI, Cartels etc..?)

I liked that thought Wrabs, thanks for it

The Cartels ARE NOT funded by North American drug use profit.

Considering I don't have their financials in front of me, and that they do in fact, sell drugs as their primary source of income, I would imagine that the above is wrong..

~Tenth
edit on 5/24/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

When I was a kid it was not uncommon for a parent to hand a child over to a Coyote (a person who smuggles you into the country, often in those days just someone who would carry you across the river to a van on the other side). They would take them to an aunt or cousin so they could be raised here. They may go back and forth frequently to visit their parents, and eventually help provide for them in the old age.

Of course there was always some danger involved. But they traded on some level of reputation, and had repeat customers (lots of folks went back and forth every couple of weeks to live/work here....even poor people in El Paso had live in maids back then).

The danger now is in the coyote's being involved with human traffickers, or having their cargo kidnapped. It was a tree full of very ripe fruit for human traffickers.

This is why when people talk about closing the border off, I tend to disagree. I know how desperate they are to get here, and it will only increase the crime. Except this isn't just some pot being smuggled. These really are real live people.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If american money wasnt being filtered into the mexican warzones, this would not be an issue.
If america didnt have it silly 'war on drugs', this wouldnt be an issue.
If america would quit supporting very rich people who help cartels transport the drugs, this wouldnt be an issue.

This IS an issue, because america wants it to be.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join