It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A chilling message from the cartels:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Draconian measures won't work, either. As we see any time draconian measures are used. Americans are not so easily subdued...that genie is already out of the bottle.

For all the laws we like to write, the one we ignore is "The Law of Unintended Consequences"

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
'A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. but it cannot survive treason from withing. An enemy at the gates if less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through al the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks accents familiar to his victims and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.' - Cicero

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
abc13.com...
Ex-DPS trooper accused of illegal immigrant smuggling:

Court papers state Davis admitted to working with an alien smuggling organization to transport the men from Edinburg and through a border patrol checkpoint in Falfurrias, TX before concluding the voyage to Houston. Investigators said he was paid $500 per person, and said Davis admitted this was his fifth trip.

In 2013, Davis was fired from the Texas Department of Public Safety after he was arrested, charged and convicted of bribery.

There is money to be made in all kinds of ways... When the Zetas were ran out of Matamoros a few years ago 4 of the survivors crossed the border and went to Houston. I was told they were dual citizens. US citizens would probably faint if they truly knew what goes on back and forth across the borders. I knew more than some because I had Mexican friends and shot at the range with ICE and Border Patrol guys who were for the most part good guys with some interesting stories.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I say we give them lead and keep our silver.
The US military should fully assault the border and cross into Mexico and send a big message about who they're messing with.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
could be a hoax
edit on 25-5-2014 by MeteoraXV because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I can see the focus on profit margins when profit margins are what your target cares most about for how business is done.

Unfortunately, as thousands of officials and police officers in Mexico have died learning...cuts to profits for the cartels mean cuts to throats on real human beings, and likely innocent ones peripheral to the fight. We'll lose a war on cut throats by broken morale in the 'new America' LONG before they run out of knives to use or throats to use them on.

Now that attitude may finally be crossing the border to test it's meddle here. Okay.. Well.. We can continue to play games with accounting and bookkeeping nonsense like the lawyers our country is led by think in terms of...or we can realize mexico has and is still in a very brutal and very high stakes civil WAR...not domestic criminal disturbance. Some estimates put it at 50,000 dead and some much higher for how many Mexicans have been slaughtered.

There is a tendency to think Uncle Sam makes every evil thing the planet has and every evil thing continues on only by U.S. Assistance. The level of anti-American hate inherent in that position is self evident and the position is totally without merit in fact OR spirit of what's happened.

The US is opportunistic to the point of obscenity to exploiting any angle and kicking anyone who it benefits to kick, while they are as far down as possible. It's an ugly ugly side of my nation and my Government and one I do hope to see excised in my lifetime ..but I doubt it.

Still, exploiting vs. CREATING/directly being the support TO are very very different concepts.

Still.. Close business for our WHOLE nation tomorrow..and the Cartels would be quite content to continue what they're doing for shadow running Mexico and other nations to their south, with all the power and influence any Nation-State enjoys..without the open accountability to take blame for anything which goes wrong.

A criminal NGO with ambitions of national control...if not the full reality of it in Mexico and a high % of Columbia, to say the least. In that way, they have no comparison at all to the American LCN families.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
It is always nice to hear someone say such a simple truth.
The notion that America is the source of all evil is self-loathing and implies we cannot do any better because we are all just bastards.

On a separate note I still find it just a little "coincidental" that one of the most powerful cartels calls itself the Knights Templar and has even adopted some of their imagery. God knows what else they have with their resources.

edit on 25-5-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elliot
'A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. but it cannot survive treason from withing. An enemy at the gates if less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through al the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks accents familiar to his victims and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.' - Cicero

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
What's really bad is that, there really is a cartel problem. There really is cartel violence and crime in the US. But...and here's the problem. The United States Government doesn't want to do anything about it.

Are you telling me that if we aimed the NSA and some special forces and air force resources at the cartels that we couldn't wipe them out of existence? Are you really telling me that? We don't want to stop the cartels. That's the problem. We'd rather spy on American citizens and have our police officers shoot unarmed American citizens. Oh, I almost forgot. The Air force would rather kill poor children in Afghanistan and Pakistan with drone strikes then go after Cartels. Where's the outrage about that?
that is amazing,magic in fact

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenryBetter take a second look. Many of the largest U.S. companies and corporations were founded and led by immigrants, or their children. Immigrants can enrich our society, financially and culturally. Just have to sort out the bad actors, and those "native Americans" willing to sell their brains and soul to the highest bidder.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What is so chilling about mannequins hanging from billboards? I've see worse things around Halloween!

If this story was even slightly true, there would be an army of crusaders to defend the border! I'm sure the Cartels wouldn't want that type of attention. To me this seems like the work of someone else and not the Cartel.

edit on 25-5-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Put a large bounty on cartel pelts and let all the veterans have a hunting party. $300k per pelt (dead or alive)

these cartel animals would run in fear with a couple hundred thousand combat trained vets on their tail.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Didn't read all replies but I have a response. The Feds could take out a few billboards that would send a chill up the spines of the cartels: "We're legalizing it, piss off". Problem solved regarding a good portion of the violence.

Human smugglers: shot on site. Same for anyone with a record of sex crimes on their side of the border. Then, novel idea: ISOLATIONISM. The downfall of this country has been fighting wars that don't need to be fought and playing Earth police. We need to mind our own business and worry about domestic problems, if not only for a few years to get ourselves together.

Quit arming people who will turn on you almost inevitably. If the Mexican violence spills over here, fight it. If not, let them handle it. Problems solved.

Wait, the politicians that arm the cartels and keep us stuck in the same hamster ball.... Damnit.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry

There is a book series I imagine at least a few here will be familiar with. 'The Executioner' series was one I grew up reading since my dad had liked it and they were short books. The original ones. For those who never heard of it, the basic plot through what is now hundreds of books, started as a Vet coming back from Vietnam to his family killed by the Mob, and dedicating his combat skills full time to revenge as a successful tactical war against the mafia.

Neat action books for the time but the early ones went into a lot of the intellectual side and what it really meant to hunt a big element like that within the American population. I think a lot of innocent people would get hurt if the cartels (which would include the secondary BIG gangs like MS-13) actually went to open violence against American authority, which in turn WOULD prompt American response in ways we've all theorized coming for different reasons altogether.
edit on 5/25/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Raising the minimum wage is only a feel good answer.

Totally agree but I will also add that there is one winner in raising the minimum wage, the IRS.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The cartels are smarter than that. They won't try to muscle in on business owners in TX, AZ or NM because the threat of armed response by law abiding citizens is very real in these 3 states and can't be accurately accounted for as they all have some form of open or concealed carry, if not both.

California on the other hand is a sitting duck ready to be plucked as the most recent shooting has demonstrated. When you only have the police to fear your actually more emboldened to commit crimes if you don't have a legally armed populace to factor in when planning a murder, robbery, kidnapping, mass shooting etc...
edit on 25-5-2014 by Astroart because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2014 by Astroart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
a reply to: 727Sky

What's the saying?

Don't Mess With Texas.

There's a chilling message FOR the cartels.

um...i could be mistaken, but isnt that slogan about littering?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The Walt Disney Company

My heart

Though I hope it is the current racket that would not affect on what Walt did before the leeches came in

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

BINGO!

That is the racket.

- take out loans from a foreign nation
- print tons of money so you have more in circulation and can pay back the loan at a devalued rate (you degrade the value of the loan and thus reduce actual debt)
- raise minimum wage to collect more of those devalued dollars to screw your debtor over.

ETA: to simplify....we basically told China we would give them 3 pieces of our pie in return for them loaning 1 piece of theirs. What we are actually doing is taking 1 piece of pie, cutting it into 3 pieces, and repaying the loan with "3 pieces of pie", despite how much smaller they are. We get to do that because the dollar is the reserve currency.

edit on 5/25/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Honestly if it gets really bad americans will need ti take authority into their own hands. And as American meaning citizens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join