It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS AVATAR HELP: Confused on Sizing Issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think my max size limit is too small, here is what I ended up with. Not done, but not trying to continue working on this until I can get the correct fitment, so I don't misplace graphics.

Any advice, or specs please post to me. Maybe the mini profile is a diff max size? I want to make a mini profile background, and no avatar, I will add the avatar to the correct spot on the mini background.

Also any tips for photoshop in resizing or adding other images to an image I am working on would be nice, I haven't used PS since college 5-6 years ago! Seems there are many more features!
edit on 5/22/14 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/22/14 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SixX18
There may be an setting to select Tiled or single image, You may have tiled selected ?.

second.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I am not that new to ATS Robbo2006

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

The current size for background images is 200 x 430.

Also, the text (like your name, join date, location, etc.) has to be clearly visible. Black text with that black background won't work.

You can also hit up the Avatar Creations crew for assistance in creating one, or have one of them create one for you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-5-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Theres a thread for this. Click my signature banner to go there.
Once there, one of our kind Avatar Technicians (ok, i just made up that title) would tell you that 200X460 is likely the best dimensions, or somewhere there abouts. Once you get down to 200X455, you get a single line repeating sometimes.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Once you get down to 200X455, you get a single line repeating sometimes.

Check mine out. I just resized it after Semper made it. 200 x 430. Anything bigger gets cut off, anything smaller starts repeating.

Easiest way to figure what size is needed is to take a screenshot of the mini-profile area, crop it in an image editor, then check what size it is. That will tell you what size your background image needs to be.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Ill be darned, your right.

the star glitch has kicked mine down an extra row, so my iminiprofile is longer.

Zarni needs to see this, since he is the Avatar Creations Director of Sizing and Animations.

ETA: i have also noticed that sometimes i get a repeating row at the bottom of my current one, and sometimes i don't.
edit on 5/23/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

join