It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien invasion of planet earth the easy way!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MrMaybeNot

Movies are made out of facts.

No. They're made out of celluloid.
Or whatever it is they use now.

Plastic and foil.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: brianporter

They would embark on a program of abduction with a view to creating hybrids. They would then use these hybrids to influence the world and promote the alien agenda.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Depends on the alien's goal. If they wanted to terrafoam the planet for their use, they'd probably need to scrub all life, or atleast contain it to a managable petri dish of bacterial colonies and such.

probably a synthetic biological virus to undue cell division. That makes sense to me.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

They wouldn't need any fancy weapons or tactics as they occupy the ultimate high ground , they could just sit out in space and hurl rocks at us until we submit ... it wouldn't take long.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
You've been reading Heinlein.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I will give a star and flag as it is a thoughtful thread but I disagree.
When NASA launched it's greates pre shuttle missions most of the mathematical calculation was performed by humans using primitive number crunching computers and all the equations, charting and plotting, all the aero dynamic and fuel ratio calculation was almost entirely performed by human being's.
As yet there is no computer system that can equal a human mind though computers can perform repetitive calculation and perform calculation a lot faster than humans, I actually remember a sci fi book from many years ago but can not recall the name or author in which a future humanity had become so dependant on calculators that they could not perform the simplest calculus until one man reinvented the method's.
We have become dependant on computers and I include myself.
Normal day to day information has been sidelined by our addiction to consumer driven data and news so that we no longer spend the thought or time on many close to home matter's or political matters we once did with the incumbent degredation of our society's but like any addict we seek many other causes of our current acceleration of social apathy without seeking the cause which is closest to home, Data Overload from computers and even television takes many of us away from our more localized problems', instead of socializing and finding solution in our local community's we retreat to our home's after work and SWITCH off in front of the television or computer, often in a very IQ related kind of switch off but perhaps I am merely seeing this from a generation whom lived from before the computer and when in britain we had only three tv stations to the Internet and scores of television stations, from a time when society was very local to a society which seem's to have lost it's centre and focus as well as being progressively faster as people seem to not have time and be rushing around like headless chicken's often burning out before they are 40.
So alien's disabling the internet in the short term would cause some chaos but unless they were able to more or less immediatly capitalize on there action then it would in fact strengthen our social unit's as we would be forced to concentrate on more localized matter's and regain our society's structural integrity as well as switching back to now redundant and off line analogure phone systems and more linear communications.
Personally I think they would disable our electronic infrastructure and communication's (satellite network's) while simultaneously striking our submarines and military bases, population centres and underground facilitys' only after which they would launch an invasion of ground forces if that was there intent to mop up residual resistance and prevent regrouping of forces.

edit on 22-5-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I can picture a movie where aliens come into orbit and you here those old internet dial up tones through the modem. They learn everything about everybody, Earth's technology, resources, economics, defenses right through the global internet network, infiltrate Earth and take over instantaneously. All handed to them on a silver platter. But I would guess they would lower the population first. They could easily do this by melting both polar icecaps making it look all natural. In UFO lore some species already monitoring Earth are tracking their own. Alien souls born on Earth into human bodies. These humans are unaware that they are alien and are often abducted.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

why any advanced civilization would cross the void - for resources that are just as abundant in their own backyard, at a fraction of the "price."

I sure those were the same words the natives in the New World were saying just before Columbus showed up, and we all know how well that turned out for them.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I see some posters asking why don't they just come down and exert dominance forcefully. Wouldn't that be indicative of a more immature and primitive civilization? If you are in agreement with the Roswell situation, it was noted that some of the Greys are capable of dying just as easily as humans so why would any aliens like those who are prone to such causualties take that chance engaging in warfare of that magnitude? If you possess technology far more advanced than the civilization that's ripe for takeover, I'm sure more subtle covert means can be taken. It would make no sense for them to resort to barbaric methods.

As for the thread, I would say that TPTB will have NASA be the designated spokesperson for official disclosure. It will be termed a "new or recent discovery" in order to cover all authorities butts who had been hiding the facts, to tone down backlash and rejection from the public that would surely ensue if the covertness aspect was revealed.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It has already been said but worth stating again.

I think they would just sit a light year away and hurl asteroids at our large cities until we submitted.

I personally disagree that a race would ever come and just take over this planet.

Why mess with people who have nuclear weapons when you could pick one of the other trillions of planets that don't have life on them at this time. IMO one of the main reasons why we have not had contact is the distribution of nuclear weapons all around the planet. I think the governments have already told "them" what "we" will do if they show up to the general public...Kind of like the kid who picks up his ball and goes home when losing. The governments of the world probably have a plan in place to wipe out the planet before letting another race rule over us. That would explain them examining our technology at the missile silos. I don't think even the largest EMP weapon has the ability to disable arms that are deep underground.. Combine this with DUMBS and it is feasible that large governments have nukes miles underground to where "they" can't disable them all at once.
edit on 22-5-2014 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Find an asteroid about 20 kilometers wide cloak it and then nudge it our direction. Poof there goes 99% of all life on earth.

Wait for the dust to settle then taraform.

But with so many other suitable planets to choose from why choose to kill us off? I think they would rather study this planet. Which is what they do.

and no they don't care about our politics they don't care about our Wars they don't care about our diseases. however I don't think that they would allow us to completely destroy ourselves and this planet.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: brianporter
If alien invaders wanted to cripple earth ready for domination what weapon would they choose? Well its my theory that they would use a computer viruses [...]

My theory is that they would use actual biological viruses. They can even survive indefinitely in space. Pretty good weapon.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Honestly... invasion is a primitive tactic.

If aliens were indeed technologically more advanced, my guess is that they would likely use manipulation techniques to achieve their goals as opposed to invasion.... who would wanna invade this mess anyway?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: brianporter
If alien invaders wanted to cripple earth ready for domination what weapon would they choose? Well its my theory that they would use a computer viruses and this is how I believe it could happen

Infect all defense systems and permanently deactivate
infect all communication systems and permanently deactivate
Infect all electrical power generation and distribution systems and permanently deactivate
Wait until earthlings descend into chaos
Dominate puny humans

EMPs destroys all electronics immediately grinding our entire society to a halt.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
If an Alien race wanted to conquer us they could do it with utmost ease by imitating a major religious deity. All around the world people are already waiting for someone to return, so what if something else disguised themselves as Christ, or even Muhammad, and appeared to the people. Millions would instantly fall to their knees. I imagine if they have the technologies to travel great distances then a few miracles wouldn't be a problem.

Captain Cook used this very same method when he discovered Hawaii, it didn't work out so well.
edit on Thu55Thu, 22 May 2014 14:55:30 -05003114Thu by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sure EMP could be a possibility but I’m not sure that would cripple protected and subterranean military systems
Biological viruses are slow to spread and susceptible to quarantine efforts
Smashing asteroids into the planet would just destroy everything not much point dominating a dead planet

A sophisticated computer virus spread throughout communication systems would render all major military threats redundant and reduce any resistance organization down to a manageable level.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
If aliens were indeed technologically more advanced, my guess is that they would likely use manipulation techniques to achieve their goals as opposed to invasion.... who would wanna invade this mess anyway?

Or maybe... cooperation and friendly trade?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: gortex
You've been reading Heinlein.
en.wikipedia.org...

Or watching Terminator 2 Judgement Day.....
edit on 22-5-2014 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Phage

Zeroes and ones!

Anyway -- I'll buy the alien invasion scenario when anyone can give me a logical reason why any advanced civilization would cross the void of deep space between the stars at relativistic speeds for resources that are just as abundant in their own backyard, at a fraction of the "price."

It's 2014, and I am 45 years old, and -- I have yet to hear a good answer.

Because they aren't interested in mineral resources, but biological ones, and these are rare in the galaxy, and different everywhere.

And/Or they are interested in a planet-grab because they are in a cold, or hot war, with another galactic colonial civilization, and need to make claim before the other ones do first.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: combatmaster

Or maybe... cooperation and friendly trade?

Reality shows.

The Real Housewives of Ceti Alpha Five.
edit on 22-5-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join