It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI director: Zero tolerance pot policy kills our ability to hire cyber war programmers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Yea. My link has a whole section dedicated to that scumbag. Here it is below (along with a few more of gems of his)

Harry J. Anslinger

Anslinger was an extremely ambitious man, and he recognized the Bureau of Narcotics as an amazing career opportunity — a new government agency with the opportunity to define both the problem and the solution. He immediately realized that opiates and coc aine wouldn’t be enough to help build his agency, so he latched on to marijuana and started to work on making it illegal at the federal level.

Anslinger immediately drew upon the themes of racism and violence to draw national attention to the problem he wanted to create. He also promoted and frequently read from “Gore Files” — wild reefer-madness-style exploitation tales of ax murderers on marijuana and sex and… Negroes. Here are some quotes that have been widely attributed to Anslinger and his Gore Files:

“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others.”

“…the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.”

“Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death.”

“Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”

“Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing”

“You smoke a joint and you’re likely to kill your brother.”

“Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind.”

And he loved to pull out his own version of the “assassin” definition:

“In the year 1090, there was founded in Persia the religious and military order of the Assassins, whose history is one of cruelty, barbarity, and murder, and for good reason: the members were confirmed users of hashish, or marihuana, and it is from the Arabs’ ‘hashashin’ that we have the English word ‘assassin.’”

I mean THIS is the crap that people who support keeping the plant illegal are supporting. They are believing this tripe, repeating it, or (even worse) adding to it, and it is wrong and they should feel ashamed for peddling disinformation.
edit on 23-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

“Reefer makes darkies think they’re as good as white men.”

Lol that is just too low, seriously... but putting aside his racist comments, what I find even more baffling is his idea that marijuana some how turns people into murdering lunatics. I've never seen one person who smoked some marijuana and became more aggressive than they normally are, in fact the opposite usually occurs. Marijuana was like the whole driving force behind the "peace movement" in the 70's for christ sakes. I have no idea how people actually believed the nonsense this guy was spouting. It's just completely unbelievable to think society is so easily manipulated by the likes of racists such as him. It gives me no faith in humanity.
edit on 23/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

This didn't help:

Reefer Madness (1936)

Nowadays we view that movie as a HUGE joke, but back in the 30's they took it seriously.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
My company fires people who smoke pot, although they keep the ones who come in so hungover they pass junk parts which need to go to containment and be sorted through by people that their paying that could be doing something else entirely.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Its great to see some waking up from their slumber of imposed ignorance, mj was made illegal due to..what else $$, and then keeping it illegal was a ginormous industry in itself, john public has been informed/bs propaganda from the start how terrible it is useing health/mental health as the reason..even made it a moral issue, alcohol ok though
. .Im not saying that it is completly harmless, most things in moderation are ok.
Its only a matter of time before legalization, 5-8 yrs imho.
edit on 23-5-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
|Statistics say you have worked with someone who has or will smoke MJ.

I have worked in one of the most dangerous Industries on the Planet,and during those years Alcohol was the demon behind the vast majority of on the job problems catalysed by outside substances.

I am now long in the tooth and do not do the same job however now I have a much larger concern and it is the Prescripion drugs I see people being fed by Dr.s and Big Pharma.

To me there is nothing scarier than a good christian or some other higher than thou person who believes that because they follow the status quo tightly they are somehow safer than others,and walks around slammed out of their skull on pain killers or muscle relaxants or anti-inflammatories or whatever drug cocktail there physician currently has them on.

These people are an every day threat,most are so zoned out it is just scary.

If you took a sample and recorded how many people showed up to work with levels of powerfull drugs in their systems you might faint to learn who you have been working beside,but as long as Dr.s and Big Pharma say its OK then people walk around like Zombies and arent even self-aware.

I have seen many Drunk Driving commercials on TV over the years,which show us the effects of Alcohol we experience visually after we drink to much,why havent I seen one with Powerfull Pharmacuticals which also shows you what happens in your brain when you are on them?

In the olde days we used to be able to actually drink booze under controled circumstances to learn about it.Now imagine if you were given one of these powerful Pharmacuticals that messes with your seratonin levels or any critical part of your mind.Why dont we see this today?

Because Big Pharm doesnt want to scare their customers away thats likely why.

As posted above the Suppressionist Humanitarian Terrorists have intentionally demonised MJ and also Alcohol to a controlable degree because it was already societally accepted.Alcohol was a court ordered Damage control measure to allow them to continue milking people for dollars.They bought their way out of trouble.

Pharmacutical Drugs are much more powerfull and dangerous and inadequately policed than MJ and Alcohol,and they are not fully disclosed as being such.

i would be a lot more worried about good olde Bill over in Quality Control taking his "nerve pills" he got from his doctor so he could handle his divorce before work or during work than I would be about anyone smoking MJ under those same circumstances with perfection being 100% substnce free.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think that making criminals out of people for non-violent, drug-related crimes, is doing more harm than good, and this is just another example. I really feel that following the money will allow one to understand the problem, and that money leads back to the government. The government pays privately owned prisons per capita, based on the number of inmates incarcerated.

This leads to a system where the prison officials look at people as profit, and anyone they can get into a prison means more money. One has to understand that law in the US, often times, is not about common sense or what is right or wrong. This is because those who push for certain laws and reforms, the lobbyists, are only doing so to help themselves, not the country and everybody else.

So I am certain that in various ways they push for keeping this particular substance illegal, because if suddenly they lost all the non-violent offenders related to this substance, they would lose a lot of money. It is that simple. It is about money. The Young Turks had a video about this recently as well. But the most important thing to remember is that things of this nature often revolve around money, not right or wrong, not justice, as I mentioned already.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ltinycdancerg

Although I think the cat "meme's" are REALLY damn stupid and at times I wonder to myself how things would be different if I didn't say "no" to THEM...(big bro); I have to agree with you on this one.

I just wish things weren't so hard sometimes... you know when you're seeing a bunch of doctors for epilepsy and being put on various medications like you're some kind of guinea pig.. it really makes one wonder.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t what are you stoned or something, I meant happen to our country , sociologically . Truthfully how long could you go without smoking pot. Its a fine line from smoking pot for recreational use to having to smoke pot. I don't condone smoking pot or ant illegal drug . I saw what it did to my graduating class at my high school in the 70's.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LA1IMPALA
a reply to: Krazysh0t what are you stoned or something, I meant happen to our country , sociologically . Truthfully how long could you go without smoking pot. Its a fine line from smoking pot for recreational use to having to smoke pot. I don't condone smoking pot or ant illegal drug . I saw what it did to my graduating class at my high school in the 70's.

Yeah I agree with you I've seen plenty of people loose 10-30 IQ points from smoking the stuff. I've seen people become boarder line mentally challenged. Two puffs away from riding the short bus.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

I posted earlier in the thread there is a link to lower IQ in developing brains but that it has no effect thereafter, so you need to be hard on families that allow their kids to smoke it and properly educate people on what cannabis can and can't do, there are so many different strains that all have various medicinal benefits such as anti-seizure, anti-psychotic and many others. The reason paranoia and psychosis happens is because illegal weed is high in THC and has no CBD which is the medicinal part of the plant. So legalise, tax and regulate but the fact is people in the IT technical world smoke it regularly and there is no decrease in IQ,.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

I posted earlier in the thread there is a link to lower IQ in developing brains but that it has no effect thereafter, so you need to be hard on families that allow their kids to smoke it and properly educate people on what cannabis can and can't do, there are so many different strains that all have various medicinal benefits such as anti-seizure, anti-psychotic and many others. The reason paranoia and psychosis happens is because illegal weed is high in THC and has no CBD which is the medicinal part of the plant. So legalise, tax and regulate but the fact is people in the IT technical world smoke it regularly and there is no decrease in IQ,.

I do educate and encourage people I know not to smoke the stuff. I know enough potheads to know I don't want to be around them. My entire family smokes the stuff as do many former friends that I use to hang around with. I have an aunt that has been smoking it since the 60's. I know a lot of long term users. I'm talking 20 or 30 years. I'm totally against legalization. I agree some people do benefit from medical marijuana. I have a friend that has MS and he uses it. He also abuses his medical card by getting medical weed for friends. I also know that plenty of the marijuana grown for medical purposes is being sold illegally on the street. Every marijuana user I know can get medical grade pot. The problem is they can't afford it so they still buy the Mexican stuff. So if they can't afford medical pot that is going for the same price as the stuff in the states that where it's legal and taxed. How is legalizing it and taxing it going to make a difference? Anyone can grow it. I want my state to crack down on Medical weed. No more of this dispensary stuff. I think medical pot needs to be highly regulated and controlled. I voted for medical weed and this is not what I voted for. It's out of control in my state. Matter of fact I'm calling my state rep after the weekend to voice my concern.
edit on 24-5-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Do you also think alcohol and tobacco should be illegal?

Guessing by your post, I'd say you live in California?

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LA1IMPALA

What's this have to do with what I said? Who cares what you PERSONALLY saw. Are you still in touch with those people to see how their lives have turned out since then? In any case, give me real numbers not some biased opinion based on what you saw that could be exaggerated to suit your needs.

One more thing. Pot isn't addictive.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join