It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks vows to reveal second country where NSA is recording all mobile phone calls.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

WikiLeaks has pledged to reveal the name of a second country that is having virtually all of its mobile phone calls recorded by the US National Security Agency, despite a warning that leaking the information could "lead to deaths".

The pledge came after The Intercept revealed that the Bahamas and one other country were having most of their mobile calls recorded and stored by a powerful NSA program called SOMALGET.

While the Bahamas was named, the identity of the mystery second country was kept hidden.

WikiLeaks vows to reveal second country where NSA is recording all mobile phone calls.

”The only thing that really concerned me was the Glenn Greenwald comment .

WikiLeaks to name second country where the NSA is said to be recording the content of phone calls, despite warnings from Glenn Greenwald that this could “lead to deaths”

Intresting no doubt , I wonder what country it could be. What do you think ATS?
edit on 028121231528512th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Stupid!

Rather than invading our privacy they should be doing what they were original set up to do. If they had then maybe they could have prevented all the hacking from china or the USA would have been able to retaliate with china with more than impotent threats.

But no you shiny 100 billion dollar agency's is too busy snooping were they don't belong than actually doing there jobs!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My guess it Puerto Rico. Plenty of drugs run through there and with it being a US territory it is highly probable they are tapping all cell coverage there. Not sure how many deaths would come out of it unless it is related to drug running that they are thinking the deaths will result from.

Edited to add....though PR is not truly its own country it is a US territory that I think has a very likely connection to this story.
edit on 5/20/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Why record all the mobile phone calls in the Bahamas?

Does it have something to do with banking?

Or does some supervillian have his lair in the Bahamas?

link   
It was leaked right after that article was posted.

Australian spies secretly monitor phone calls in the Philippines: Edward Snowden disclosure

According to top secret US National Security Agency documents disclosed by former intelligence contractor Edward Snowden, Australia's electronic spy agency, the Australian Signals Directorate supports a top secret NSA intelligence collection program codenamed MYSTIC, which harvests telecommunications "metadata" – in several countries, including the Philippines.

edit on 5/20/2014 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

link   
I heard about this earlier this morning, I was wondering when someone was going to get around to posting about it.

Anyone care to take a stab at which country this might be? From what little I was able to read this morning, it appears the NSA is using a contracting company to do the spying. We'll have to see.

If they're recording all the phone calls in the Bahamas, maybe it's Cuba?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Drug cartels and Mexico would be my guess... if it leads to deaths.

If it does not lead to deaths it could be some banking related like Switzerland

Where is the most secrets in the World... and hidden treasures... Can we follow the money on this episode too as it was pretty much true with bahamas being a tax haven.
edit on 20-5-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Drug cartels and Mexico would be my guess... if it leads to deaths.

If it does not lead to deaths it could be some banking related like Switzerland

Where is the most secrets in the World... and hidden treasures... Can we follow the money on this episode too as it was pretty much true with bahamas being a tax haven.

Wouldn't it be interesting if it turned out to be Switzerland? Either way, what can the Bahamas really do about it....nada unless the British get up in arms because it is one of their territories.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It would ! Im very curious what all those Swiss vaults have to hide ( wishful thinking ) it would lead to unholy trinity " Switzerland, nazis and Vatican"

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Anyone care to take a stab at which country this might be? From what little I was able to read this morning, it appears the NSA is using a contracting company to do the spying. We'll have to see.

No clue as to which country Wikileaks (which I still believe only "leaks" information the CIA/NSA green lights them to "leak") will report, but anyone who doesn't believe the NSA records/reviews every phone call made in the United States is fooling themselves. Those lecherous bastards have zero respect for the Bill of Rights. Of course they'll use the terrorist/American lives in danger boogeymen along with their owned MSM outlets to goad the sheep into spontaneous "USA! USA!" chants instead of revolution if these facts ever do go public.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hmm....wondering if this report has anything to do with it...Libya

Lin k

The Obama administration is moving military assets into place in preparation for a possible evacuation of Americans from Libya, as a political crisis threatens to touch off a new wave of violence in the unstable country.

Officials say no decision has been made on whether to move U.S. personnel, particularly those at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, out of Libya. But the U.S. military is preparing in case the State Department makes the call.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Iceland?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
O Hai, Canada!

WikiLeaks has pledged to reveal the name of a second country that is having virtually all of its mobile phone calls recorded by the US National Security Agency, despite a warning that leaking the information could "lead to deaths".

Not so subtle death threats, right there. Coming from the NSA of all places? Whoduhthunk?

Remember folks... YOU are the enemy. Not Habeeb living in a mud hut in somethingsomethingstan. Habeeb has no power to affect the corruption here. You and I do however... thats why we are the targets.

edit on 5/20/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Cuba? Nahhh, why bother with Cuba, not much to be gained from that island.

My bet is Mexico, and an even bigger bet is that the deaths they think would happen would be the agents & officials working with the cartels down there. C'mon, we ran weapons to them. Of course we're going to eavesdrop.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I heard about this earlier this morning, I was wondering when someone was going to get around to posting about it.

If they're recording all the phone calls in the Bahamas, maybe it's Cuba?

I have a feeling it might be Panama, although small, the banking laws are still not what the US wants them to be. The money flowing in all directions with corporations still owned in bearer shares makes it easy to move it without the US finding out.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Whereever it is it'll be small enough that they can tap the data easily enough and filter through it, so it'll be a nation with a single mobile telecoms company and near somewhere the US have the ability to transmit the data from so either a dedicated satellite uplink (perhaps in an embassy) or right next to a military base with a fat pipe

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Australia. Don't be suprised if it is claimed to be Russia, due to current events.We all know who owns Wikileaks.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's a waiting game now. I have wiki leaks updates via Twitter , when I hear something I'll post it for sure

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Cuba? Nahhh, why bother with Cuba, not much to be gained from that island.

My bet is Mexico, and an even bigger bet is that the deaths they think would happen would be the agents & officials working with the cartels down there. C'mon, we ran weapons to them. Of course we're going to eavesdrop.

Well it could be Cuba because they have link to North Korea and Russia. Right now Russia isn't looked to highly by Washington and their NATO cronies.

I'm gonna go with Cuba on this one.

-SAP-

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

imho . . . there's NOT any country where they are not doing so. And have monitored all electricity based circuits for more than 40 years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join