It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks vows to reveal second country where NSA is recording all mobile phone calls.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I read through this stuff last night for the latest releases and it had the redaction for the nation in question. Even without that, the docs were't ones I was going to post over here and still won't. Some things starting to flow now aren't about correcting anything but about directly harming national security. It's not what this was supposed to be about and this is crazytown.

They're warned that merely confirming the nation may well get people killed and by a guy who has been leading much of the charge for releasing information, no less. Yet, they still seemed determined to let 'er rip.

Well... I can understand why the Wikileaks people have a hard core grudge against the U.S.G.. I really can. It doesn't mean I sympathize, but I certainly understand it. I hope they all understand too, how things like this will turn even supporters they've had in America into people rooting for their demise.

We'll see what nation it turns out to be, since they seem hell bound and determined to do it. There has to be a line though, where deaths foreseeable to what you've personally done equal blood on your own hands. Regardless of directly causing the death on the spot or not.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if it was here in Belgium. Brussels is the capital of Europe and all.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Canada obv.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere
Most people are too ignorant to realize that this is nothing new, since 1948, secret agreements like ECHELON and others have led the way to build the groundwork for intelligence gathering capabilities of global allies and partners the U.S. and Britain (UK), the net over the globe or Octopus has it's roots well founded in UKUSA, the real truth of the matter is all of this is supposedly being uncovered and exposed by these spies such as Snowden and the Wikileaks founder, which to be honest, there are no real bombshells to be found here.

Anyone that keeps up with anything in the realm of spying organizations, agreements, investigations after Watergate and also in the 90's, you should be able to easily read between the lines to figure you have never had any privacy, and it is only because these things are getting more exposure, with that one has to go a long ways back in time to even begin tracing where your rights were being invaded, no my friends this started happening long before even Bush and the Patriot act, It started back then it was because of the threat of communism, this created the cause to be able to filter everything such as wiretapping and phone calls, long before Americans and other nations were the least bit concerned it was happening, so instead of the reason put out to capture communists with our spying apparatus, that has been replaced with capturing terrorists and also domestic threats, such as militias, motorcycle, drug and street gangs as the newest front and free license to sift your every move.

Once Satellites, transatlantic fiber lines on the ocean floor were put into effect and used to relay land line and cell communication, these new advances in effect created sifting points to capture private citizens communications, now that cell phones have all but replaced the home land line this creates the perfect way to capture voice and data communications very easily without there being a need for wiretapping or conventional physical methods, just mirror the communication from the satellite or downlink and record oh and the funniest thing is, since they probably grant patents and give authorization to most of the encryption, they probably know all the ways to decode what you think might be secure.

edit on 20-5-2014 by phinubian because: spelling

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Well , I hope people realize they shouldn't shoot the messenger. I honestly feel that lives won't be lost over this, but I could be wrong.

Just saying.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I still don't understand the "cause deaths" statement.

Because...with all the stuff released by Snowden and Wikileaks and others already most people in the world will already assume that the NSA spies on all of their email, internet activity and phone calls anyway. I do. We spy on our close allies-Germany and we spy on our enemies-Iran/North Korea/Cuba. Who would be surprised enough to kill someone if it turned out we are spying on them and there was proof?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Some people have figured out how many characters/pixels the redacted name was, and have done a pretty impressive job at throwing out ideas.

I still can't help but think that anything the U.S.G. doesn't want "leaked" wouldn't be.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
My guess is that it isn't just one other country it's probably most of them.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I'm with you on this one. Unless it leads to the death of the person running that other country for allowing us to do so.

@Wrabbit

How would them releasing this info do anything to undermine national security? I don't understand how people knowing they are being listened in on does anything to harm the government. Other than ruining their plan of spying on the people.
edit on 20-5-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

See when they release it.

How does knowing benefit the public good? If the idea is simply the destruction of American defense capability...may as well be open about it. That is what some of this starts to feel like. If it's still somehow referencing the idea of changing whats wrong with our nation? I never did mind that idea. It's when one carries into the other it all goes bad.

@ Lightning

When the Messenger goes out of their way to do things which can reasonably result in people getting killed? Negligent homicide by pure reckless indifference to human life seems a fair point to raise. Really, it makes a difference who is saying this is a bad idea. After all, that's one of the 'good guys' here too. Some have just lost *ALL* sense of responsibility to any level in what they release out to the public, it seems.

@ Mystik

Yup.. Sure can, huh? Count 'em right out and pretty much nail it from the short list that's left. Especially given repeated references in more than one context to narrow it further. (sigh)

This is the stuff we actually DO pay the NSA to do with all that tax money. Well, we did before it became blown publicly...anyway.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Let's see what happens when GCHQ participation is exposed and whom they are monitoring.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
My guess is a South American country, although a European country might make sense as well. Someone mentioned Puerto Rico, but they said country, and Puerto Rico is considered by most people to be a part of the US. I just don't know if they would have worded it that way, although I it is its own country, or territory. I had a friend in the air force who was from Puerto Rico, and he told me some pretty crazy stuff, although I don't know if any of it was true. His accent was difficult to understand as well, lol.

But ya, I think it would relate to drug countries. And I think that given the tension with certain South American countries at the moment, this could really make someone upset. Obviously if not one of these countries, then it would likely be a developed country, and not a less technologically sophisticated place. And although I wouldn't put it past the NSA to record all communications from a major ally like Britain, I don't think they could get away with it.

I mean think about this...The CIA operated Black Sites in European countries, but there was complicity among certain government officials, some of whom have been punished by this time for their involvement. Supposedly these sites do not exist anymore, but I find that unlikely. They are usually located strategically near airports, where specific civilian planes are often used by the CIA. There are also floating Black Sites, prison ships if you will. Or at least there were before Obama supposedly outlawed these places. I have a feeling the CIA didn't comply fully however. They are their own bosses when it comes to certain things.

My point is that if the monitoring is going on in a highly developed country with their own intelligence agencies that are fairly sophisticated, then it is hard to think that they wouldn't be complicit in something like this. It would be hard to miss, as the infrastructure would need to be in place, and it is hard to keep that secret in a foreign country, when that foreign country has their own sophisticated tech intel networks.
edit on 5/20/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/20/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Probably Canada. Pah.

GO Wikileaks!

F&S&

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
$20 Afghanistan.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
MEXICO

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

If this is the nation I believe it is, then you're onto something. It'll be a Western nation that lights up with the one really pissed off and they'll deserve it too.

Really, Wikileaks isn't holding some hidden stash of info.. After seeing some of the clever puzzle players puzzle it out of the original docs? It was a subject of Snowden material as well, early on, but no one much noticed or gave it thought I suppose. The next few days may well be fun for news cycles.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Oh come on chums.

Chinese premier visits US - Obama will take him to task over Chinese 'hacking' and other naughtiness
Oh#EdwardSnowden - US is spying on China? and its own citizens? Mad news guys, sure made you forget about what the Chinese are doing, US will surely think twice before trying to draw attention to Chinese cyber naughtiness
Where is that Snowden guy anyway, Hong Kong? No wait Russia, never mind

US charges Chinese officials with stealing trade secrets
WIKILEAKS - EDWARD SNOWDEN - WE GUNA LEAK STUFF - PLEASE STOP

Am I the only person seeing this? Perhaps I'm nuts. Interesting times though.
edit on 20/5/14 by Soshh because: Your reason for the edit (must be filled out):

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I bet that it is canada or mexico seeing as though we are in the NAU.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I would guess Israel but then again, I'll go with Mexico or Cuba.
edit on 21-5-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I would say Britian but then I expect mi5 or 6 is already doin that and have been for years

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join