It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Vietnam leave 1 Chinese dead, 141 injured

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Vietnam kicked Chinas sorry ass back home pretty fast the last time they invaded just after the Vnam war....
The Chinese people may seize the moment should chaos begin to rear its ugly head over there.......
They seem to be resisting more lately.....
Vietnam has its strengths too......

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
I think the thinking in Vietnam is a little wrong.

They beat the French, and are proud of it.

They beat the USA, and are proud of it.

Now they think they can stand up to China. No they can't. They share a land border with China and if China decides to roll over that border there will be no stopping them.

At that stage, China will not care about world opinion and will wage total war. China will not be concerned with her own casualties, she wants her population reduced anyway. It would not go well for Vietnam, not at all.

I think Vietnam's history could work against them this time around.

P

If China sent in 300 million and 80% died as they take total control over Vietnam using sheer numbers it's a win win for them....

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
What they need is our naval and air power, not our boys. PI, Vietnam, Korea, and Japan need to form an alliance, backed by US naval and air power.

Or better yet get to to develope there own navy and air power.....

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Now they think they can stand up to China. No they can't. They share a land border with China and if China decides to roll over that border there will be no stopping them.

At that stage, China will not care about world opinion and will wage total war. China will not be concerned with her own casualties, she wants her population reduced anyway. It would not go well for Vietnam, not at all.

I think Vietnam's history could work against them this time around.

P

Actualy right after the american vietnam war china tried to invade then and failed.

Chinese invasions are not nee too them.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Now they think they can stand up to China. No they can't.

Oh, yes they can and they HAVE

China invaded to 'Teach the Vietnamese a lesson" and had their rears handed to them. At least the US/West lasted 10 years not just a couple of months like China.
edit on 18-5-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I don't think you can compare China's military now and 50 years ago. They are not the same.

P

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Ahhh, I see.

Somehow, I get the feeling that back in the day some yahoo at the Pentagon felt very much the same way about US power as you do with regards to China versus those very same Vietnamese...

edit on 18-5-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

It wasn't 50 years ago, it was in the late 70's/early 80's if I remember correctly.

The Vietnamese used their knowledge of their home terrain and some help from the Soviets to send the Chinese Army packing back over the border.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Chinese Military Said to Be Massing Near Vietnam Border

Could get tense or even ugly.

Troops, tanks, trucks, artillery, and armored personnel carriers of China’s military were seen heading to the Vietnamese border on May 16 and 17, according to photographs taken by by residents near the border.

Chinese netizens have been posting photographs of the large movement of the People’s Liberation Army, many of them showing Chinese troops in full combat gear heading to the local train station in Chongzuo, along with military vehicles.

Just saw this on the Epoch Times website. Pretty reliable source for insider Chinese news. They are the news site that broke the SARS outbreak.

edit on 18-5-2014 by Halfswede because: fixed link

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

a reply to: SLAYER69

I don't think you can compare China's military now and 50 years ago. They are not the same.

P

Same with vietnam.

when china tried the first time vietnam was broken by war and nearly falling apart.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Vietnam vows stronger measures to quell anti-China unrest, China evacuates thousands

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join