It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope shuns bulletproof vehicles for Middle East trip, Vatican says

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I DO know, however, that the Middle East is a mess. A pressure-cooker bomb constantly ticking. And it needs to be defused. NOW.

Precisey because of the "Establishment" of the Jewish State of Israel in that "Former State of Palestine". You do see that is when the trouble began? Look at where we are at today…

Establish is such a benign choice of words for what occurred there.

Thats really all I want to say on it. I am like you said, off topic and its a dangerous subject.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sparrowstail

It's not the 'help everyone else' thing that I have a problem with. It's .... WHO is going to be the one to do the 'redistributing' and WHERE will the money go? The (corrupt) United Nations? The (corrupt) Vatican bank? A new group of corrupt people? When HUGE amounts of money are being played with like that, you know it's not going to be on the up-and-up and people will be taking their chunks of it and it won't get to people who really need it.

I also have a problem with simply taking money from people because they can earn more. That's theft. That's slavery to the state.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
Why not? I only ask because you seem to have it figured out.

Already answered it.

The Anti-Christ is supposed to be adored and followed without question by the vast majority of the people around the world. Pope Francis can't even get Catholics to follow church law let alone all the Hindus and Muslims and Atheists .. etc etc. He doesn't have singular control over the world economy or the worlds spirituality. The Christian fundamentalists HATE him. So do many others.

He's 77 years old and only has one lung. He may be jetting around the world right now and still mobile, but he's old and he doesn't have much time left to implement a 'world takeover' ... and things simply aren't in place for him to be able to do that.

It's not him, IMHO.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The Anti-Christ is supposed to be adored and followed without question by the vast majority of the people around the world.
That idea comes from Revelation, talking about the beast.
People are horrified by it.

Think Godzilla, coming up out of the ocean and stomping around Manhattan.
People would definitely be paying attention, but not out of love and admiration.

edit on 16-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Dang it! Now I want to make them include the Dalai Lama!!!!
Woohoo!!!
World peace microexperiment!
The Chinese would flip out, so that is not going to happen since everyone seems to want to be sucking up to them.

I agree though, except I think Buddhism is more a personal thing rather than the spectacle that is the religious types that is being displayed here in these proposed events.

edit on 16-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
Think Godzilla, coming up out of the ocean and stomping around Manhattan.
People would definitely be paying attention, but not out of love and admiration.

True. Very true.
But Pope Francis doesn't fit that description either.
Which every way you look at it, I just don't think he's the Anti-Christ.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Actually your right, it does seem stupid that a 77 year old Pope would be the Antichrist. I think the Vatican itself are a good candidate but what also must be remembered is the Antichrist only needs 3 1/2 years to rule the world if the biblical teaching in Revelation is read literally. So I don't think the age thing is a major factor.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy
You could be right. I'm just not seeing it that way.
Hopefully it won't happen in our lifetime and we'll not find out while still alive.

My guess (one of many that everyone has) ... it'll be someone younger ... in his 40's or 50s ... charismatic ... faux-spiritual ... a politician who sounds like he isn't one but is doing the job because people want him to and not because he wants to - false humility.

The Vatican may be an enabler of the antichrist. The UN as well. Certain world leaders too. But I do think the anti-christ will be an individual.

Anyways ... that's my guess. I could easily be wrong.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Alarming, but maybe it has another motive behind it.

Hidden agenda ?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Enlighten3d

Hidden agenda ?

Such as.....

what are your ideas?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Convergance of all religions or false religions possibly ?

Not personal belief but its just a thought.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Enlighten3d

Convergance of all religions or false religions possibly ?

Okay....
that I can see.

I don't find any of the three concerned/included here 'true' as far as religions go - but the followers of them do, certainly.
The only 'true' so-called "religion" or spirituality I can comprehend is that we are all connected, all part of a vast, immutable, indescribable unity - and that personal 'flavors' of it are irrelevant.

Do you believe in 'revealed religion'? I have a very hard time with it. I do appreciate contemporary accounts of NDEs, from personal experience, compelling -
however, I do NOT feel that the thousands upon thousands of people who report them are any less than those who claimed and "wrote" or "provided the source material" of the so-called holy texts. Since NDErs tell differing stories, I believe that the 'answers' are personal - that we each have the spark of the Divine within us, and experience it from our own particular and unique point of view.

Those points of view are individual - therefore, no packaged religion can represent accurately what is actually the truth.

Namaste.
Thanks for your participation.

edit on 5/19/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Wouldn't you love to be there? FlyersFan, the Holy Father is going to offer Holy Mass in the Upper Room.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join