It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox 29.0.1 Update Help Wanted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I just updated today the above, I am running XP on a desktop.
After the update all my stuff in the navigation bar up top is all over the place.......the reload button is on the far right now and I have moved stuff back to where it should be but all things cannot be moved now.

The reload page button seems untouchable and other stuff like Adblock Plus went missing but I fixed that one I think.
Where the URL's show up top the bar is the width of the page and I cannot shrink it down at all.

I am asking for advice and hoping that some folks here have already figured this one out.
Word of warning do not update your FireFox at this time if you don't like change that you cannot unchange.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

I see plenty of people complaining about the Firefox update , here's a link to download Firefox 28.0
support.mozilla.org...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I see plenty of people complaining about the Firefox update , here's a link to download Firefox 28.0
support.mozilla.org...

Thanks Gortex, yeah I got as far as your link above and when I hit download all kinds of files were on the screen and I am not ......repeat wash and rinse tech savy.

Glad to hear its just not me then, bit of an ego booster as low as mine is at this moment.

We have been using Fire fox since a long time ago and never had any bitches about updates or whatever they wanted to do, but this one is bad.

Hopefully its just a temp thing and they will do another update?

Thanks for posting and the link.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

No worries , I've used Firefox for years but now mostly use Chrome as I find it quicker and more stable , Mozilla seem to have lost their way a bit over the last year or so in my opinion.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Well let me tell you, if this is not fixable there is a strong chance we will be taking a hard look at Chrome for both my desktop and the wifes business laptop.

The good news (if there is any) is that now we know so the wifes computer will not be updated at this time.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Simple fix for addons not working correctly is to disable them, then re-enable them, reload web browser.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You need to right click on a blank space some where near the top of the web browser and you'll get a drop down context menu where "Customize" should be the last option. Then select the option to restore it to the default layout and then rebuild it how you like it. Personally I don't really like the new customization screen because I can no longer lay it out exactly like I want it and they have removed certain buttons that I used. I downgraded back to version 28 just for that reason.
edit on 10/5/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Simple fix for addons not working correctly is to disable them, then re-enable them, reload web browser.

Thanks and thanks again

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
You need to right click on a blank space some where near the top of the web browser and you'll get a drop down context menu where "Customize" should be the last option. Then select the option to restore it to the default layout and then rebuild it how you like it. Personally I don't really like the new customization screen because I can no longer lay it out exactly like I want it and they have removed certain buttons that I used. I downgraded back to version 28 just for that reason.

I might just have to call somebody to get over here and do the above for me, If I go back to version 28 will it stay there?
On a side note our computers are on the Beta release for Firefox and I am asking is there any way to get off that?
It would be nice to read and hear about an update before you do the foolish thing I did today.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
if it doesnt work, stop using it.
there are literally 5 billion different browsers you can use.
literally!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Also I'd like to note, that when you go to customize, down at the bottom left is a button that says "show/hide toolbars" There you can select which bars you want to see, ex: Menu, Bookmarks

It appears firefox 28.0 is intact there, but it seems they added more customization features. Personally, I like a nice clean basic set up, but I think the new features will be ok to play with.
edit on 5/10/2014 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Also I'd like to note, that when you go to customize, down at the bottom left is a button that says "show/hide toolbars" There you can select which bars you want to see, ex: Menu, Bookmarks

It appears firefox 28.0 is intact there, but it seems they added more customization features. Personally, I like a nice clean basic set up, but I think the new features will be ok to play with.

Not now, things have changed and its not for the better me thinks.

Regards, iwinder

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
if it doesnt work, stop using it.
there are literally 5 billion different browsers you can use.
literally!

Understood, the thing is up until today we loved Fire Fox.
I am looking for help not one off comments which add nothing to my questions.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

edit on 10-5-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder

Not now, things have changed and its not for the better me thinks.

Regards, iwinder

After making a few changes, I don't seem to be having any problems with it now. I haven't taken time to read about people complaining, because it's usually people complaining about nothing.. or people who don't quite understand how an alternate web browser works.

Personally I don't see much of a difference other than the customization menu and a few UI graphic changes (tabs)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7
I am asking alot here but see if you can move the refresh button to the left?
And see if you can shorten the URL square to a reasonable amount not the whole top of the screen?
I may seem anal retentive and I most probably am just that but these non movable objects are pissing me off.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my posts.
Staying tuned here for any and all reply's.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder
I am asking alot here but see if you can move the refresh button to the left?
And see if you can shorten the URL square to a reasonable amount not the whole top of the screen?
I may seem anal retentive and I most probably am just that but these non movable objects are pissing me off.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my posts.
Staying tuned here for any and all reply's.

Regards, Iwinder

After messing around a bit with it, I don't think that can be changed just by using drag and drop.. I think you have to change some coding under the "developer" tools. I wouldn't be much help there because that is all new territory for me. Give it a week or so, and I'm sure people will come to grips with how it's set up.

Don't know why you need the refresh on the left, but it's all about preference I suppose

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Your reply is much much appreciated, anal retentive I am and I will have my re-fresh button on the left thank you very much.....:-)

Yes we will wait and see then, I am sure you are correct as in somebody somewhere will get this fixed.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Go here!

Mozzilla

This will fix your problem in one hit.

It gives the look of FF28 to FF29

P

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Go here!

Mozzilla

This will fix your problem in one hit.

It gives the look of FF28 to FF29

P

Thanks very very much for that link, I have my puter guy coming over Monday night and I will let him know about this.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join