It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's Torture Comments

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Would you PREFER we WET interrogate like the "Phoenix" ops back in the day or just catch and release?
I couldn't care LESS about enemy combatants getting boarded I personally would enjoy using DENTAL TOOLs on some of them,for simple amusement.
Funny how the keyboard seems to be the ultimate weapon, as it makes everybody so darn tough. An associate deemed them '''pajamahadeen".

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Now tell me, does America allow free speech, or what? In this country you can make a good living just running around the country acting like a fool. Although, in her case, I'm not so sure this is an act - she seems to come by it honestly.

She's nothing but an agitator without scruples or intelligence, and with a tad too much testosterone. She's deeply in love with herself and craves the attention. She must just sit around between engagements and ponder on the most disgusting, idiotic and offensive things to say that will top her last performance. God, what a fulfilling life she must lead.

Anyway, that's my 2 cent rant

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: groingrinder
Here is the deal. We are waterboarding SUSPECTED TERRORISTS. They are not terrorists until they have been tried and found guilty of terrorism in a court of law. Why don't we waterboard SUSPECTED DRUNK DRIVERS or SUSPECTED RAPISTS too??

That would be because suspected drunk drivers or suspected rapist are by and large US citizens with constitutional rights. On the other hand suspected terrorist are usually from another country picked up in another country and interrogated in another country as to not offend your sensibilities. They call it rendition.

On the seldom occasion your president has been known to drone strike a American/Terrorist bypassing his or her 4th amendment rights in lieu of seeking approval from the legal entities within the government. The sweet smell of a hellfire missile delivered by POTUS approval from a kill list written by the law breaker himself. And you thought Bush was evil. Of course the only difference is Bush would have done it with enthusiasm, whereas Obama would waffle for an hour and have someone else decide.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

Here is the deal. We are waterboarding SUSPECTED TERRORISTS. They are not terrorists until they have been tried and found guilty of terrorism in a court of law. Why don't we waterboard SUSPECTED DRUNK DRIVERS or SUSPECTED RAPISTS too??

That would be because suspected drunk drivers or suspected rapist are by and large US citizens with constitutional rights. On the other hand suspected terrorist are usually from another country picked up in another country and interrogated in another country as to not offend your sensibilities. They call it rendition.

On the seldom occasion your president has been known to drone strike a American/Terrorist bypassing his or her 4th amendment rights in lieu of seeking approval from the legal entities within the government. The sweet smell of a hellfire missile delivered by POTUS approval from a kill list written by the law breaker himself. And you thought Bush was evil. Of course the only difference is Bush would have done it with enthusiasm, whereas Obama would waffle for an hour and have someone else decide.

After some thought, you may have a point.
These "suspected terrorists" are not as good as "WE ARE"; most of them don't really have the right to draw another breath of air. It should be saved for us Americans.
It is also alright for us to inforce our international corporations right to exploite their resources for our own consumption and invade to kill a bunch of them if they object. And if they dare to defend themselves, or their country, that's when they become "suspected terrorists" which makes it even more necessary to torture and kill them.
At the same time, if anyone here in the states speaks up on their behalf we can rightly be labled the same and are to be treated accordingly.
This is what makes our country and culture so much superior to anything "over there".

Does that just about sum up the "Palin docturine"; I say this because, as I remember it, she didn't seem to have any idea when ask about the Bush docturine.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So an Australian who has an opinion different to yours is the reason why America is #ed? Makes sense...

...As much as anything in this thread spouted by the Pailin sycophants.

Rule of law means the law applies to everyone equally--if you advocate torture, then you can only expect the same treatment to apply to you. I will put that in colloquialisms you may understand:

Do unto others as they would do unto you

No the real reason your country is in the position its in stares at you in the mirror each morning.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
So an Australian who has an opinion different to yours is the reason why America is #ed? Makes sense...

...As much as anything in this thread spouted by the Pailin sycophants.

Rule of law means the law applies to everyone equally--if you advocate torture, then you can only expect the same treatment to apply to you. I will put that in colloquialisms you may understand:

Do unto others as they would do unto you

No the real reason your country is in the position its in stares at you in the mirror each morning.

EXACTLY !!!

Allow me to ad;

If you don't like what you see in this country, "don't cut off your nose just to spite your face."
There was once an attitude in this country, "My country right or wrong - If it's right that's great - If it's wrong fix it".
Can somebody tell me what went so horribly wrong. When did it become OK to distroy a country just because you didn't like one or two things, or people, about it. If I could find a better place to live, I might move.

I sure do miss those good old days.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander

After some thought, you may have a point.
These "suspected terrorists" are not as good as "WE ARE"; most of them don't really have the right to draw another breath of air. It should be saved for us Americans.
It is also alright for us to inforce our international corporations right to exploite their resources for our own consumption and invade to kill a bunch of them if they object. And if they dare to defend themselves, or their country, that's when they become "suspected terrorists" which makes it even more necessary to torture and kill them.
At the same time, if anyone here in the states speaks up on their behalf we can rightly be labled the same and are to be treated accordingly.
This is what makes our country and culture so much superior to anything "over there".

Does that just about sum up the "Palin docturine"; I say this because, as I remember it, she didn't seem to have any idea when ask about the Bush docturine.

I am not sure what your first paragraph has to do with the constitutional rights of a US citizen. Speak for them all you want it falls on deaf ears. Comparing our culture to theirs is idiocy, and yes ours (America's) is superior vastly superior. I am sorry I don't know what the Sarlin Palin doctrine is, I try to use the common sense doctrine.

Everyday on ATS we talk about gay rights, go ahead me and tell what gay rights their culture offers, what women's rights does their culture offer, childrens rights? I will wait..... So tell me you will stick up for what their right to attach bomb vest to their women and children? Their political system of mullah's, Ayatollah's, and dictators is better? What about the countries they are trying to take over? They convert you to islam or it's death, is this the culture you support?

"These "suspected terrorists" are not as good as "WE ARE"; most of them don't really have the right to draw another breath of air. It should be saved for us Americans."

This is purely an emotional response, because it's offends your perceived sensibilities.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

It seems quite obvious from your lack of deep thought and perspective that while you my have actually read the reply which you quoted, you have little comprehension of it's context or meaning.
If you, and many of similar thains of thought, had kept up with how history has unfolded over the past 100 years you would not have as much difficulty understanding what I am saying.

Sometimes it's odd how little it takes to "brainwash" many of those who think they are enlightened.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Sometimes it's odd how little it takes to "brainwash" many of those who think they are enlightened.

Agreed your intake of purple koolaid has reached it's maximum limit, cured only with a coffee enema to eliminate the clogging of your brain matter to function in a clear and decisive way.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Agreed your intake of purple koolaid has reached it's maximum limit, cured only with a coffee enema to eliminate the clogging of your brain matter to function in a clear and decisive way.

Even as a youth, I didn't like Koolaid. specially the "grape" flavour. Something about the after taste but I wouldn't know about that after all these yours. I guess some poeple can get accustume to anything.
As for by "bowel habits", your concern is appreciated but I don't have any problems. Maybe not drinking "anyone's koolaid" is having some impact. I wouldn't know.
I can say though, I am in possession of a fully functioning brain. It is in operation many hours of each day, specially during discussions with others on points of interest. I have had very little few problems maintaining clarity or making decisions in matters and ways which had any real impact on myself or those around me.

I only have your comments here as a means of making any derterminations about yourself in any of these areas.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Would you PREFER we WET interrogate like the "Phoenix" ops back in the day or just catch and release?
I couldn't care LESS about enemy combatants getting boarded I personally would enjoy using DENTAL TOOLs on some of them,for simple amusement.

trouble with that plan is the US supports and funds and arms the people you are torturing
which opens up the subject of your side torturing you

by the looks of the US vet suicide rate id say the us torture plan is in full gear and working fine

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
correct me if I am wrong here , but with certain fundamentalists:
Wouldn't just having to watch sarah with her cloths off while eating bacon actually be considered torture?
i mean for the non US funded alciaduhs anyway...the ones that are actually just goatherds and cowboys

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Ah but I CAN fight and die if it happens without a care when they show up. Whats yOUR plan?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
maybe find a grown up way to deal with differences...like they teach in kindergarden
[ just listening to benghazi on the radio....)
and dying while fighting the people that are payed by the same people paying you?

fine, if thats what floats your boat
let me know how that works out for you

eta
I'll go ask the elders what happened the last time someone such as you are afraid of showed upon our shores and how that worked out
edit on Sunam5b20145America/Chicago05 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

I chose my place in life with eyes that have been wide open since the 70s.The kids today seem to have avoided school all together judging by their debating tools,such as your puerile statement. Pathetic. You'd think some one would READ about what I have said BEFORE could figure it out. To be clear This is ME not some boy or plant.
I chose to fight,I don't give two craps about how others "feel" think or guess why it might be.I know weapons ,Sci Fi and reconnaissance which for some reason I can't stop doing.
As to YOUR elders, I'm COOL with that tell me what they say.One wonders what the Raven is to any tribes when one is one.I don't invade countries my government does. If WE went hot on YOU it would be an ugly week, but YOU would quit.
I would ,however ,be hitting Washington for doing it.

edit on 4-5-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

We used it for TRAINING in SERE to condition pilots and elite troops against it. But I agree it IS a waste of time they should be killed instantly on confirmation. Or house them at some Prog's house so they can embrace the spirit of islam and be inclusive.

Could not stand in more agreement with you.

I am, however, simply amazed how this "person" still has enough credibility to be allowed to speak in pulic. Much less her verbage be quoted.

yeah well, you are here and she is there.

i believe you can figure it out.

she is a paid speaker. we are not. people WANT to hear her talk. us not so much.

I have no trouble figuring out why I am not a paid speaker. I have no idea about yourself.
I have a tendency for speaking my own mind and telling people what they should be told not what they want to hear.
Heck, I can even tell you what books and magazines I have read.
I also have enough experience in life to know the difference in baptism and torture. And I have a set of "stones" to stay with a job to the finish.
Like two years, seven months, and sixteen days in Southeast Asia. Relieved of this job because "I was liking it too much".

oh, u ain't a paid speaker coz no one wants to hear you. same as me and the rest of ats.

that's nice you can tell everyone you read playboy and the new yorker, if it really matters to anyone, right?

and what is the diff between baptism and torture as she said it?
do u really know? i don't think so.

btw, i didn't single you out. no offence, dude.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: tsingtao

i wonder if the palin bashers will come up with anything different now. she scares the left too.

The "Palin bashers" don't have to come up with anything when it comes to her because sooner or later she will open her mouth and show her ignorance. She doesn't just scare the left she scares anyone with a brain in their head.

same ol same ol palin basher memes.

misogynistic much people?

like i said, you are here and she is there.
war on women? sure, 6 yrs out and she still scares you people.
she has my support and obama has yours.

make yourselves feel good, i'm sure she cares.

Huh, this from the poster who took the time to bash Pelosi. I guess you are just the same by your logic?

CJ

pelosi has proved her idiocy as an elected representative.
for decades.

"pass it to read it?"

what is this, some mystery package grabbag game? what prize will we win pelosi?

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

this place is getting a little weird in it's operation.
(i can't star and had a glich just a minute ago)

she is totally right on!

can't wait to feel the hate. lol!! the sounds of heads exploding off in the distance.

i wonder if the palin bashers will come up with anything different now.

she scares the left too.

No, she amuses and appals (in equal measure) anyone with a basic grasp of facts.

what facts?

she out mans you and all the other haters.

ya'll don't have the stones to do what needs to be done.

I see. So you are proposing what exactly? Torturing everyone suspected of terrorism? Waterboarding is torture. The fact that Caribou Barbie can't grasp that simple fact says a great deal about just how ignorant she is. Or perhaps she knows that it is torture and she's being a cynical politician who doesn't want to be seen to soft on terror.

torture? says who?
most of this thread is torture.

"too soft on terror?" lol!!!!!!!!

kinda have ta acknowledge it exists, right?

i could go on but i think, "workplace violence" explains it all. (ft. hood)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

sure, why not?

pick 3.

just cut off their heads on you tube.

might drive the point home a little better.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: RifRAAF

Do you honestly think Palin said she can see Russia from her house?

Folks that spout that ignorant drivel is one of the reasons our Country is in the shape it's in.

it doesn't matter what she said, they will make it up.

these people "heard it from somewhere"

wish i could star you. have no idea what is going on with ats.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join