It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's Torture Comments

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Do we really want to be part of a country that kills innocent children with drone strikes, supports apartheid in Israel, discriminates against people who are gay and of the 'wrong' religion, tortures innocent people, hides that fact that we torture innocent people in secret tortures chambers around the world, detains people for decades without trial in Guantanamo Bay and more?

Is this the country you want? Not me.

And I certainly don't want a buffoon like Sarah Palin speaking for me. She's not my ideal of a real American.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I'm a Brit and ignorant about who Steve is - but everyone involved in Guantanamo, child torture, illegal rendition, detention and torture without trial, major breaches of human rights etc... should be put on war crimes trials.

It's scary how many Americans defend Guantanamo when only about 8% of those there are suspected to be guilty of fighting with the Taliban or being terrorists and most people on here quite rightly say they'd shoot any foreign army invading them.

I guess that's what happens when a nation is built on Straus' ssimplistic good vs evil crowd control ideology.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I'm a Brit and ignorant about who Steve is...

Why, I'm referring to Stephen Harper, our Dear Leader!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

he said it the best.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join