It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19 Year Old Woman Shot to Death in Rural Northern Kentucky

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The length of time between them going off screen and the appearance of smoke is about 5 seconds. How could the cop have gotten in front of the car that fast? It lends to witnesses' credence that he jumped on the hood.

He could have shot the tires to stop her instead.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
The length of time between them going off screen and the appearance of smoke is about 5 seconds. How could the cop have gotten in front of the car that fast? It lends to witnesses' credence that he jumped on the hood.

I agree. I think frequently it is more about instantly and completely bowing to their authority, or they will not be held responsible for putting you in your place...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
a reply to: SlapMonkey

. . . has zero symptoms of PTSD or irrationality, so you may want to tread lightly on the it's-probably-because-he-is-a-combat-vet rhetoric.
Or what?

You might shoot me?

No, because you're presenting yourself as an ignorant jackass, and I thought you might want to prevent that. Guess not.

Best Regards.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

He could have shot the tires to stop her instead.

Or even just recorded the license plate and had a unit posted down the road to stop her in case of instances like this, or even just went to her house and had a talk with her parents and waited for her return.

This is my point...soooo many different, better things to do than to just shoot her.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

No, because you're presenting yourself as an ignorant jackass, and I thought you might want to prevent that. Guess not.
I was responding to what I perceived as a personal threat.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

I was responding to what I perceived as a personal threat.

I don't make pointless internet threats to someone's person...that's what immature children do. I guess I can see how you read a threat into that, but for that to be your assumption, along with the military service question because the sheriff shot someone, really makes me question your bias concerning military veterans.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I don't make pointless internet threats to someone's person...
How would someone know that?

I guess I can see how you read a threat into that, but for that to be your assumption . . .
Something about the wording.

along with the military service question because the sheriff shot someone, really makes me question your bias concerning military veterans.
I am a military veteran from the Vietnam war, so I sort of doubt that I have some sort of blanket bias.
And I did specify "murderous activity" vs. just being "military" in general.
Things like house to house searches and sporadic gun fights, and who knows what all, your buddies getting shot up, getting shot yourself, those are things that could trigger bad reactions.
That, plus drugs like SSRI's that they give out like candy, and steroids that I also mentioned, that cops take to beef up to intimidate skinny crack heads.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
As a police officer I will say that there are times when shooting into a vehicle is justified. However, it is very rare.

From the short video I watched in relation to this incident I feel that deadly force was not justified.

If I was in that situation at my agency I would not be allowed to pursue the vehicle due to the violation being insignificant.

What I would of done instead would have been to document the license plate number and let her go. I would then figure out the registered vehicle owner and begin an investigation. After identifying her, I would of filed charges for eluding LE and whatever traffic charges applied.

Even though she initiated the actions that lead to her demise, common sense should of been used by the officer/deputy.

I will admit though, it is tough making split second decisions in the heat of the moment. Even tougher when it only takes one mistake for an officer/deputy to ruin both their and another persons life. Contrary to popular belief we are human and are susceptible to making mistakes. Sadly sometimes those mistakes cost lives. Please don't take that as an excuse because it is not.

Unfortunately for the girl, her family and the officer/deputy their paths crossed that night and what happened, happened. While I am not sure the officer/deputy intentionaly murdered the girl, negligence occured and a death resulted.

Sad story.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

you're right and i appreciate your honesty and point of view as an actual officer and that's exactly what i would have expected the officer to do. use her information and have her pulled over or have an officer go to her home.

the people saying oh she's a felon, that's felony evasion, she deserved what she got. that's lunacy. felony does not equal automatic death penalty.

incorrect decisions were made on both ends. but, firing into a car loaded with passengers, executing the driver. not justified.

edit on 1-5-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Is there one person here that would ever decide to take on a moving car with their body, while it is pulling away?
Common sense! So a teen in a car pulled away rapidly against his orders. Also common sense would tell me, that the teen could have been confused as to what he wanted or just figured she would leave the party and get out of the way, maybe even knowing she should not have, but again, teens do stupid things. I am a parent of teens I know. I would never in a million years do what that cop did.

This cop was either stupid as a stone or arrogant beyond reason. I just cry for this needless death.

Where is common sense and care anymore?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have no love for drunk drivers especially multiple offenders, this lady could have killed other people driving or her bff's in the backseat.

One less idiot to breed.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Scene of the crime. The crime was murder. The cop could have easily prevented vehicles from leaving by blocking the driveway with his cruiser. That would be much smarter than jumping on the hood of a moving car that was beside him. His life was not in danger until he decided to jump on the car. That way he could kill someone! Why was it OK for the 1st car to leave, but not Samantha's car?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Seriously not defending the deputies actions but if he had blocked cars from leaving he would be violating peoples 4th ammendment rights (please spare me form the "cops do that all the time" remarks). That would of been a mistake too.

He should of got in his car and followed in an attempt to conduct another traffic stop. If she continued to elude, either (depending on department policy) pursue/stop stick or run the tag and perform a follow up investigation, filing charges if sufficent evidence was produced.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
Here is at four seconds of time, screen shots of her looking directly at the cop. there is no way she couldn't have known he was trying to make her stop.
this one is the last of the cop being in frame

now here is the first 15 sec seconds of the raw dash cam that i cut.
if you look at the 7 to 8 sec mark where the cop is no longer seen she all but stops, i say this is where she hit the cop as he moved in front of her car, you can see him moving that way the whole time.

she was running, and was not going to stop. didn't want a second DUI.

Agghhh ! I wasn't gonna...but either that gun toting muppet is a dearly loved relative of yours or your one of them kind that just have to win an argument.Or both. Tell us, what was she drinking at this party? what level of b.a.c. would she have recorded? How's it go? once a con always a con? Maybe she did learn her lesson from her previous DUI charge. By your logic a speeding conviction obviously declares every subsequent time a driver is behind the wheel they MUST be at it again. How many cars were lined up behind hers wanting to leave ? Better still have a look at your screen shots of her looking straight at the vile thug and tell us what she said to it ? You make a hell of a lot of ass umptions & what ifs. Here's one, what if that was your sister/neice/aunt or girlfriend would you still just disgustingly write their precious life off as ' too bad' ? At 2.30 am & seeing the car ahead of hers be waved off & maybe line of cars behind her on the only way out of there, music blaring, horns honking maybe she was batting her lashes at him & telling him she was gonna pull up behind the other car that had just been allowed to carry on.The shots of her face don't seem to indicate she suddenly had hatred or a psychotic cop killing snarl showing. Nor did she appear to floor it. Deliberate act to strike him with her car? Pffttt !! If that was her intention she would've opened her door quickly seeing as he was at side of car.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Seriously not defending the deputies actions but if he had blocked cars from leaving he would be violating peoples 4th ammendment rights (please spare me form the "cops do that all the time" remarks). That would of been a mistake too.

He should of got in his car and followed in an attempt to conduct another traffic stop. If she continued to elude, either (depending on department policy) pursue/stop stick or run the tag and perform a follow up investigation, filing charges if sufficent evidence was produced.

Thank you! Now if everyone else could see that the procedure this guy followed wasn't warranted then maybe we would get somewhere. But, instead you have these jingoist nutjobs trying to justify this on the spot execution.

I bet if this officer brought up this situation as a hypothetical to his higher ups they wouldn't say what you should do is try and jump on the hood to prevent the driver from leaving and fire a lethal shot at the driver of a car filled with INNOCENT PASSENGERS

The bottom line is this officer didn't follow proper police procedure and that resulted in the death of a young woman who is innocent until proven guilty.
edit on 1-5-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

While I am not sure the officer/deputy intentionaly murdered the girl, negligence occured and a death resulted.
I am of the opinion that he did, which would invalidate me probably from serving on the jury if he was to ever be so charged.
The problem is that I do not believe that he ever will be, as there seems to be ingrained into the system to never admit to any fault or to even the chance of liability.

edit on 1-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I have no love for drunk drivers especially multiple offenders, this lady could have killed other people driving or her bff's in the backseat.

One less idiot to breed.
I hope this attitude represents a very small minority, otherwise the species is doomed if murder becomes the common way of life, just going with our feelings and stereotypes.

If someone kills people because of their drunkenness, then they should be prosecuted and punished.
Drinking laws today are just ludicrousness and arbitrarily restrictive.
You have no idea if she was really drunk at this time, or on the earlier occasion.
Did they take a blood alcohol test from her body to see how much was in her blood?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

His life was not in danger until he decided to jump on the car.
His life was never in danger, period.
The person was obviously insane as far as I am concerned, be it temporarily, or otherwise.
Why police forces and sheriff's departments employ dangerous people should be the question.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

When a drunk driver changes your life forever then you would understand the hatred toward them.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I saw the video of this last night and i will try and find it to post it!! Why could he have not shot the tires out instead?

This is a knee jerk reaction and in my book murder!! So senseless that such a young life was taken

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join