It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's deputy PM arrives in N. Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RadiationAndCancer

**Groan**

Thanks, Einstein...

Missed the "/sarcasm" bit there did we, or the bit where I said I'd already covered it?

I didn't need "Shoring up allies. If war comes then the U.S will need to be spread as thin as possible" explaining to me - but thanks anyway, I do love a good bit of patronisation in the morning!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad
yeah except for the 6 billion dollars spent on destabilizing Ukraine since 91 by the US
and using x IDF to instal NAZIs

im sure the Russians remember NAZIs

all the crap stated in earnest when they did what the Brits failed to do..
turn down the EU...
which by thw sounds of it around here, the brits can only wish
edit on Monam4b20144America/Chicago31 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones
yeah except for the 6 billion dollars spent on destabilizing Ukraine since 91 by the US

I keep seeing the 6 billion comment yet no one has ever posted any links to support it.

Link?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Danbones

I keep seeing the 6 billion comment yet no one has ever posted any links to support it.

Link?

Well I think the figure was 5 Billion, but here take your pick...

www.google.co.uk... s_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad Sunday 4/27/2014 - Tarpley Points Out Fake-OSCE Observers www.youtube.com... ETA CrossTalk: Containment 2.0? (ft. Stephen Cohen & John Mears www.youtube.com...

edit on 28-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Stu,can you tell me why you don't like Russians or is it Putin?

This is a new account,been here perhaps longer than you and have agreed with most of your posts in the past but to be truthful I'm scratching my head wondering why you and a few more fellow English men seem to tarnish Russia as a war mongering nation

We got the same media smear in Georgia with the BBC painting Russia as the aggressor when it wasn't

Does Russia threaten you or me? I'm down South and I don't see them as an enemy,I see them being surrounded by NATO and NATO generals talking them down a lot recently when their own hands are far more bloody

So why is Putin the enemy and why is Russia doing wrong in Ukraine when there are so many Russian speaking people in the east of that country

We are English we shouldn't have a reds under the bed outlook other nations do

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: stumason The west will say one thing while doing something else .You do remember the no fly zone over Libya eh . You do remember the bombing runs eh .You do recall the the accuracy at which they are capable of eh.

Well, that made no sense.. The West says one thing and does another, then you cite Libya as an example?

And then, you mention "bombing runs" and accuracy. Granted, mistakes happen but I can tell you now, without a shadow of a doubt, that Western/NATO bombing is a damned site more accurate and less damaging than anything the Russians do - just look at Chechnya for examples of Russian attitudes to collateral damage.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason Yes I used Libya as a example ..It was supposed to be a no fly zone so Gadafie couldn't use aircraft to attack the civilians .As it turned out aside from some schools and hospitals getting hit they bombed the crap out of the country .As it turned out it was to allow the cia backed alciada to over throw a Govt. that would not sign on to the IMF and wanted to create a currency for Africa ...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

I don't have anything against the Russians or even Putin - prior to this latest nonsense, I thought he was quite amusing.

He certainly has the interests of Russia at heart, you cannot doubt that, but you can't just go around attacking your neighbours and stealing their land. If you read his speeches over the years (notably the one in 1999/2000 prior to him becoming PM) he clearly wants the Russian/Soviet Empire back and the glory that goes with it - at what cost though?

And I think we shall disagree on Georgia - it's exactly the same as Crimea and the rest of Ukraine. Stir up separatist tensions, arm groups, wait for the host nation to respond then send in the Army. Straight out of the Soviet play book.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

"Bombed the crap out of the country", did they?

No, they didn't. It was a very limited campaign.

Don't forget, Russia and China approved the no fly zone and intervention as well - it wasn't a Western "plot". In fact, it was done at the behest of the Arab League, if you remember. Probably not, you seem selective in your memory.

In fact, after the resolution was passed and before any bombing took place, the Libyan Government said it had called a ceasefire, all the while continuing it's operations and advance on Benghazi.

And do please illustrate how "Alciada" took over...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason Word has it that they took weapons and moved on to Syria .Lybia is still in tatters and lots of killings going on . Now if you look at Iraq you see USA again blowing up the county .And supposedly justified by WMD's???? Or was it that heart felt speech that girl gave about the baby's ...Then we can swing to Afganstan and the poppy production being restored to it's former glory .Seems the the Talaban plays the good guy bad guy in that place being caught flying in British Helicopters all around the country .The US had there man Bin Ladin create the situation to pull Russia into that war .Putin doesn't want to invade anyone but he will go to war with the US .I think the US wants too ..No winners in this like Iraq ,Lybia, Afganstan or Syria .But when your going to conquer either by hook or crook you can expect to break a few eggs eh ?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

a reply to: Wrabbit2000 Well seeing as the west don't want to talk about peace then you need to be close to your enemy's enemy . But yea rice and maybe a personal barber would be a nicer gesture .

Sigh.

Yes, that's why the USA, UK, Germany and several others have been demanding that Russia start talks with Ukraine, and Russia has flatly refused.
That's also why they all got together just last week to create a peaceful plan ahead, and Russia completely backtracked on everything they agreed to do.

I do wish people would start to think logically before they start repeating propaganda on here. All the facts tell a completely different story, but somehow this alternative fictional narrative is the one that people resonate with.

Is it solely about a knee-jerk anti-Americanism? Is this nothing more than a case of "any enemy of America is a friend of mine" no matter how violent, threatening, illegal or dangerous their acts? Would you all side with North Korea just to spite the US?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

hey

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013 If the west was genuine then they wouldn't be doing stuff like this Sunday 4/27/2014 - Tarpley Points Out Fake-OSCE Observers www.youtube.com...

ETA And stuff like this Kabul: A commission appointed by President Hamid Karzai to investigate detention facilities run by U.S. and British forces in southern Afghanistan claimed Saturday to have uncovered secret prisons on two coalition bases, an allegation that could not be immediately confirmed but that was likely to further complicate relations between the Afghan government and its allies.

"We have conducted a thorough investigation and search of Kandahar Airfield and Camp Bastion and found several illegal and unlawful detention facilities run and operated by foreign military forces," said Abdul Shakur Dadras, the panel's chairman. www.ndtv.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Word has it that they took weapons and moved on to Syria .

Some some extremists may have taken some weapons and may have gone to Syria to fight another brutal dictator? Hardly proof of anything other than people will fight against oppression

Lybia is still in tatters and lots of killings going on .

Hardly in "tatters" - it's having some problems but that is for the people of Libya to sort out on their own - not with us or a Dictator telling them what to do and when.

Now if you look at Iraq you see USA again blowing up the county .

The whole country? Slightly melodramatic, no? And what was "blown up" was largely rebuilt with American money.

And supposedly justified by WMD's???? Or was it that heart felt speech that girl gave about the baby's ...

I think the fact Saddam was a brutal SoB was enough for most people - folks I speak have nothing against the War, per se, just the way it was sold.

Then we can swing to Afganstan and the poppy production being restored to it's former glory .

Largely as a result of the poor state of the economy in Afghan and poor security conditions. In fact, I take offence at your assertion that the West is behind the production because British troops were sent in to Helmand, where the majority is grown and shed a lot of blood to cut production - now we have drawn out, the Afghans are back at it again. What can you do?

Seems the the Talaban plays the good guy bad guy in that place being caught flying in British Helicopters all around the country .

What?

The US had there man Bin Ladin create the situation to pull Russia into that war .

Soviet invasion occurred in 1979 - Bin Laden didn't even set foot in Afghanistan until the mid-80's.

edit on 28/4/14 by stumason because: tags

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Rocker2013 If the west was genuine then they wouldn't be doing stuff like this Sunday 4/27/2014 - Tarpley Points Out Fake-OSCE Observers www.youtube.com...

A YouTube video is not evidence of anything. I can upload one in ten minutes telling the world that we have been invaded by French speaking Unicorns from Mars, that doesn't make it true.

ETA And stuff like this Kabul: A commission appointed by President Hamid Karzai to investigate detention facilities run by U.S. and British forces in southern Afghanistan claimed Saturday to have uncovered secret prisons on two coalition bases, an allegation that could not be immediately confirmed but that was likely to further complicate relations between the Afghan government and its allies.

So as long as one side has done something despicable, we should all jump to defend the illegal, violent and threatening actions of another?

Unlike a lot of others here, I can be critical of the UK, USA AND RUSSIA TOO! I know it's a shock to many, but I'm not a cheer leader for a team, I don't have to pick a side when it comes to warring governments. I have the intelligence to be able to see what our nations have done wrong without that meaning I mist jump to defend the criminality and violence of another.

Sensible people here know that the USA is no beacon of shining light, but we have the intelligence to be able to KNOW the same about Russia, and recognize when a government has blatantly invaded the sovereign territory of another country.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason I wonder if these are some of the same gang that killed the ambassador in Benghazi .

Syrian rebels who received first U.S. missiles of war see shipment as ‘an important first step’

"The scene is a far cry from the increasingly pervasive view of a chaotic, ragtag rebel movement that has fallen under the sway of Islamist extremists. Such concerns have long deterred the Obama administration from arming the Syrian opposition.

But the arrival at the base last month of U.S.-made TOW antitank missiles, the first advanced American weaponry to be dispatched to Syria since the conflict began, has reignited long-abandoned hopes among the rebels that the Obama administration is preparing to soften its resistance to the provision of significant military aid and, perhaps, help move the battlefield equation back in their favor."

ETA link www.washingtonpost.com... /61ec84d8-0f53-4c9f-bf0a-c3395819c540_story.html

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013 "Sensible people here know that the USA is no beacon of shining light, but we have the intelligence to be able to KNOW the same about Russia, and recognize when a government has blatantly invaded the sovereign territory of another country." Tell that to the Bone Man Kerry because he seems to have forgotten Iraq and the US invasion .

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

So, you're just going to gloss over what others have said and just go straight on with the nonsense? I highly doubt they are the "same gang" as they are most likely still in Benghazi causing trouble for the Government there - remember the tanker that tried to run off with Oil last month, well the Benghazi lot were behind that as they are calling for regional autonomy.

You're attempt at tying two, as yet unrelated, events together with an "I wonder" is as transparent as it is sadly pathetic.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Fair enough stu,we watch the same news and I saw Georgia as the aggressor

Even remember the media having an English mother and daughter who had just got back from there on live TV and expecting them to say Russia is bad but the daughter and mother thanked Russia for coming in and saving the population from being slaughtered

Russia has invaded Ukraine? When did that occur?

They had a legit base in Crimea from a contract with last government up to 2017 with a renewal wanted for another 25 years or so

After the western funded coup that led to the right wing nazi taking high positions in government and wanting the Russian language not used I'm aware that many in the east of Ukraine including Crimea not to happy about the thought of these thugs having power over them

They voted for change

You seen the video of the Ukraine politician with a sniper rifle in the back of his car that was stopped and filmed in Kiev with the maidan demonstrators all around it

Anyway you say what you like about Russians,Persians,Libyans and Syrians.I think the majority of the world can see beyond the smoke and mirrors

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join