It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's deputy PM arrives in N. Korea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The enemy of my enemy...

The Russians send in a deputy PM, and we send in Dennis Rodman. That alone should speak volumes here.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Stu,can you tell me why you don't like Russians or is it Putin?

This is a new account,been here perhaps longer than you and have agreed with most of your posts in the past but to be truthful I'm scratching my head wondering why you and a few more fellow English men seem to tarnish Russia as a war mongering nation

We got the same media smear in Georgia with the BBC painting Russia as the aggressor when it wasn't

Does Russia threaten you or me? I'm down South and I don't see them as an enemy,I see them being surrounded by NATO and NATO generals talking them down a lot recently when their own hands are far more bloody

So why is Putin the enemy and why is Russia doing wrong in Ukraine when there are so many Russian speaking people in the east of that country

We are English we shouldn't have a reds under the bed outlook other nations do

Wow, don't think I've ever read such delusions

Of you don't see Russia as a threat and a rival to western world seeking to do all it can to trip it up then perhaps you need to brush up on your history l

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
LL

Over the years this once great community for unbiased news has been infiltrated by bigots,racists and warmongers giving each other stars for their shocking lies

Carry on giving them stars

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Fair enough stu,we watch the same news and I saw Georgia as the aggressor

Do explain how you saw this, I am interested...

From pretty much everyone else POV, Georgia had a long running separatist issue with Moscow backed rebels. They decided to intervene, as is their right - it was their territory. Russia then went barrelling in with an entire Army division or two, swatted the Georgians all the way back to their capital and subsequently annexed the two regions concerned which no other nation on earth recognises

Even remember the media having an English mother and daughter who had just got back from there on live TV and expecting them to say Russia is bad but the daughter and mother thanked Russia for coming in and saving the population from being slaughtered

Linky poo - of any kind? I've not heard this, I tend to tune out when anyone trots out a "poor civilian".

Russia has invaded Ukraine? When did that occur?

When their troops left the Sevastopol base an occupied the entire Crimea? Or maybe the current wave of "separatists" in the East who bear all the same hall-marks as the unmarked yet strangely well equipped and trained "militia" that appeared in Crimea and later turned out to be Russian forces.

They had a legit base in Crimea from a contract with last government up to 2017 with a renewal wanted for another 25 years or so

Yep and part of that agreement was they were to notify the Ukraine of any troop movements and to seek permission - not to run all over the shop, lay siege to Ukrainian Navy and Army bases and then force a referendum on the populace.

After the western funded coup that led to the right wing nazi taking high positions in government and wanting the Russian language not used I'm aware that many in the east of Ukraine including Crimea not to happy about the thought of these thugs having power over them

Please - we've been cordial so far, lets not go down this road - right wing nazis's? Only 4 members of the current Administration Kiev are affiliated with the right, out of 20 cabinet members. Also, that same right wing party won 12% of the seats in the 2012 Parliamentary vote (the same Parliament that impeached and removed Yukanovich as per the 2004 Constitution he agreed to implement).

They voted for change

No, they "voted" in an election that is widely regarded as a sham, from a country that holds elections widely regarded as fraudulent anyway, at the barrel of a gun.

You seen the video of the Ukraine politician with a sniper rifle in the back of his car that was stopped and filmed in Kiev with the maidan demonstrators all around it

Nope, but I pay little attention to unsourced and uncredited video's anyway - propaganda is rife.

Anyway you say what you like about Russians,Persians,Libyans and Syrians.I think the majority of the world can see beyond the smoke and mirrors

Indeed, which is why Russian is isolated and alone on this. Even China is keeping their distance..

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

LL

Over the years this once great community for unbiased news has been infiltrated by bigots,racists and warmongers giving each other stars for their shocking lies

Carry on giving them stars

This forum has alway had its fair share of lunatics giving each other stars for a shared fantasy to tho right?

Nothings changed, just maybe slightly more level headed people have found there way to the forum

edit on 28-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This piece is worth a read Towards the End of U.S. Propaganda www.informationclearinghouse.info...

"What strikes one in reading this prose is its ineptitude. It aims to validate the official history of a revolution in Kiev and discredit the Russian discourse on the Nazi presence in the new government. However, we know today that in fact this “revolution” was indeed a coup staged by NATO and implemented by Poland and Israel by mixing recipes for "color revolutions" and the "Arab spring". [6] Journalists who received these files and relayed them are fully aware of the recordings of telephone conversations between the Assistant Secretary of State, Victoria Nuland and Minister for Estonian Foreign Affairs, Urmas Paets, on how Washington would change the regime at the expense of the European Union, and on the true identities of the Maidan snipers. In addition, they learned later revelations of the Polish weekly Nie about the training two months before the events of the Nazi rioters at the Academy of Polish police. As to denying the presence of Nazis in the new Ukrainian government, this amounts to a claim that the night is luminous. It is not necessary to go to Kiev but just to read the writings of the current ministers or listen to their remarks to see this is the case. [7]

Ultimately, if these arguments help give the illusion of a consensus in the large Atlanticist media, they have no chance of convincing curious citizens. Instead, it is so easy with the Internet to discover the deception that this type of manipulation cannot but further undermine Washington’s credibility."

"Barack Obama and Benjamin Rhodes , John Kerry and Richard Stengel act only in the short term. Their propaganda convinces the masses for only a few weeks and then helps create revulsion when the people understand they are being manipulated. Unwittingly, they undermine the credibility of the state institutions of NATO who consciously relay them. They forget that the propaganda of the twentieth century could only succeed because the world was divided into blocks that did not communicate with one another, and this monolithic principle is incompatible with the new means of communication."

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

This is were we need some higher power to step in and say, Russia give Ukraine back it's city, America stop picking fights and policing the world. Australia stop robbing your people of there hard earned $$$$. North Korea stop scaring the rest of the world, and England, stop drinking so much tea. It's making your teeth yellow.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
Well this is interesting...

SEOUL, April 28 (Yonhap) -- Russian Deputy Prime Minister Yuri Trutnev arrived in Pyongyang on Monday, North Korea's state news agency reported, in the latest in a series of exchange visits of high-level officials between the two countries
Yonhap News

I'm sure there is some perfectly normal reason.

Perhaps Moscow is planning to supply some grain and rice for a change. That would be helpful.

LOL yeah as America was the Soviets Number One Supplier for Grain during the Cold War !

Though on their ( Was ) Proud USSR Flag there was a Flag with a Hammer In Sickle

Well lets See, if it isn't Food Shortages, in which they're is in North Korea

and seeing that North Korea is the 4th Largest Military Might in the World .

The Soviets ahh I meant Russians still are Trade partners with north Korea right

And we are in Conflict with Russia Former USSR with the Ukraine of where its Going and where the Country should be. tho The Country was Ruled/influenced By Russia for Centuries and most the population can Speak Russian and have the Russian ideology Culture more Less like Austria & Nazi Germany or Belgium & France and Canada & USA Etc. Like Sister Countries or Puppet Countries like America has Japan , South Korea , Philippines to name a few . Super Powers going into war using a Country to test their Might and Mark out as a false flag Civil War ,? that was Done in the 30s in a way the Spanish Civil war 36-39 hmm I would like to see the Outcome of it all.

Meanwhile this is interesting .

Yonhaps News Agency

N.K. NEWS
NorthKoreaN.K. News
U.S. exports to N. Korea jumps nearly 20-fold in Feb.

2014/04/08 09:34
english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

Well Hopefully its like the Op has said for Grain ( Wheat ) ?

Tho China is the Largest Wheat Producer in the World North Korea Buddies .

and Russia falls under the France as the USA is the 3rd Largest in the World

Top 5 Wheat Producing Countries in the world
www.thecountriesof.com...

isn't there a type, that there is in the works of Some kind of Nuclear Testing in North Korea underground

Could it be that?

edit on 28-4-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-4-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I know in a different thread on North Korea, another member (JWash) mentioned the Russian/N.Korean relationship.

Russia has a direct rail system setup to N.Korea as well as a port 'project'. Most of this flew under the radar w/ the Ukraine 'crisis'.

N. Korea, Russia sign economic cooperation agreement

SEOUL, April 28 (Yonhap) -- North Korea and Russia signed an economic cooperation agreement on Monday, Pyongyang's state news agency reported, as part of the two countries' recent moves to strengthen bilateral relations.
"An agreement on trade and economic cooperation was signed between the DPRK ministry of Foreign Trade and the Amur Regional Government of the Russian Federation," said the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).

My personal belief, there's some BIG moves coming down the pipeline against US.
edit on 28-4-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I had to laugh at your pub reference. I totally agree with what you have stated. I get tired of arguing with the Russian shills so it makes me happy to see somebody else stand up and say something. I'm sure there will be the conspiracy people starting up on this thread soon. I've always wondered why these guys never have a conspiracy about Russian or Iran or North Korea. It's always about something they swear the United States has done. Your my new hero!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abavs
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

This is were we need some higher power to step in and say, Russia give Ukraine back it's city, America stop picking fights and policing the world. Australia stop robbing your people of there hard earned $$$$. North Korea stop scaring the rest of the world, and England, stop drinking so much tea. It's making your teeth yellow.

To be a bit philosophical for a moment, this is also a time in history where people are ready to accept someone or something filling that role where it never otherwise would. Interesting times...in the old school Chinese sense of the term.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

VISA and MasterCard and already complaining over losing business in Russia, but if they refuse to service two Russian banks so what do you expect? Those two get billions a year from doing business in Russia and are poised to lose it now totally. Those two US credit lenders have pretty much a monopoly on the world. I would say that in a few months we will see a new competitor. This is the type of sanction that will go back to bite the US.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Conversing with friends on this past week, one trotted out that popular Western myth that the Russian economy depended solely on oil and gas. "Most of their material goods are imported," he said. "You mean like New Zealand," I responded. "The Ukrainians had no say in the devolution," another offered. "You mean like the English, Welsh and Northern Irish with the forthcoming Scotland referendum," I replied. "Crimea is not attached to Russia," said another. "You mean like Alaska," I posed. "They invaded Georgia" was then proffered. Not true, rather their army went to the rescue of independent South Ossetia after Georgia invaded and shelled its capital, Tskhinvali, in the process killing large numbers of Russian peacekeepers stationed there. So the Russian army drove them out and, to prevent a recurrence, their air force destroyed northern Armenian military bases. For this, all during the dishonestly justified West's invasion of Iraq, Russia was again slammed.

"They've doubled Ukrainian gas prices" was raised, again not true. Rather, they've stopped subsidising them given Ukraine's rejection of their trading bloc deal. "They're homophobic" is another claim, this because of a law which would gain support everywhere, prohibiting the promotion of homosexuality to children. When Russia loaned billions of dollars to Ukraine it was slammed in the Western press as a bribe but when the European Union gave a lesser sum it was called aid.

I'm no apologist for Russia but it's long overdue for a more balanced perspective on events and an end to the constant unfair abuse.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: stumason The west will say one thing while doing something else .You do remember the no fly zone over Libya eh . You do remember the bombing runs eh .You do recall the the accuracy at which they are capable of eh.

Putin is the one who needs to remember that.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Reinmax

Conversing with friends on this past week, one trotted out that popular Western myth that the Russian economy depended solely on oil and gas. "Most of their material goods are imported," he said.

No, only the prestigious ones. The Russians have always produced shoddy goods suitable for domestic consumption.

"The Ukrainians had no say in the devolution," another offered.

There was no devolution; Russian troops started seizing Ukrainian assets.

"Crimea is not attached to Russia," said another."

It is separated by a now hostile country which might decide to blockade it.

"They invaded Georgia" was then proffered.

They illegally backed a secession movement, as they are doing in Eastern Ukraine, and when the Georgians naturally shelled their troops, Russia seized the opportunity to overwhelm the Georgians and steal their land.

"They've doubled Ukrainian gas prices" was raised, again not true. Rather, they've stopped subsidising them given Ukraine's rejection of their trading bloc deal.

Effectively doubling Ukrainian gas prices.

"They're homophobic" is another claim. this because of a law which would gain support everywhere, prohibiting the promotion of homosexuality to children.

You clearly have no idea how the rest of the world sees things.

When Russia loaned billions of dollars to Ukraine it was slammed in the Western press as a bribe but when the European Union gave a lesser sum it was called aid.

No, it was not slammed in the Western press. It received very little attention until Yanukovych nixed a treaty with Europe, making the "aid" look more like a "bribe."

I'm no apologist for Russia but it's long overdue for a more balanced perspective on events and an end to the constant unfair abuse.

No, you're an apologist for Russia alright.
edit on 29-4-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
rumors are about Trutnev united Perm region and Komi-Perm district in Perm Krai former mayor of Perm and the governor of Permian Krai allegedly Putin's successor www.compromat.ru... let's countryman do things
edit on 29/4/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Tell that to the Bone Man Kerry because he seems to have forgotten Iraq and the US invasion .

So, you read what I wrote, and then you ignored it and repeated your obvious knee-jerk anti-American attitude of "two wrongs make a perfect right!"

Like I said, most can look at the hypocrisy of the USA/UK and STILL recognize when a country like Russia is acting criminally and violently and threatening another country with incursion and invasion.

Just because the USA has done something you don't like in the past does not mean Russia has a blank check to invade another country.

edit on 29-4-2014 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reinmax
I would say that in a few months we will see a new competitor. This is the type of sanction that will go back to bite the US.

But under sanctions any new competitor would also be forced to comply with those sanctions. A company can't just start up tomorrow to do what Visa and MasterCard have now been legally prevented from doing.

The alternative would be a Russian company, but even then it would be frozen out of US business.

Sanctions are not imposed on only specific companies, they are generally imposed on all the avenues those companies operate through. No new company in the US or Russia will have any advantage over those already restricted under sanctions, nor should they ever.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Conversing with friends on this past week, one trotted out that popular Western myth that the Russian economy depended solely on oil and gas. "Most of their material goods are imported," he said. "You mean like New Zealand," I responded.

The Russian economy is heavily dependent on gas exports, this is a fact.
Russia needs to export gas more so than Europe is reliant upon it.
European nations opted for Russian gas for two reasons - it was convenient, and it was a part of a larger plan to increase mutual reliance and reduce the chances of conflict. This strategy has worked wonders since WW2, making governments think twice about acting militarily.

Unfortunately, Putin has abandoned that principle of mutual reliance and risked several Russian industries and trillions of $'s of future income for his people by laying siege to Ukraine and threatening its neighbors.

It's also a fact that the Kremlin has dedicated a lot of time and money over the last five years attempting to create economic deals with former Soviet states, and these deals are now in tatters. No former Soviet nation wants to deal with Russia, and they have torn up all the plans which were being made.

Russia obviously wanted such economic ties for exports, now that this is dead in the water the Russian economy is only destined to shrink further. Especially as European nations are now looking at alternative solutions for gas imports, including the US, and speeding up development of sustainable resources while diminishing usage by the public. The motivation for such was not there previously, and now that it is the people of Europe will be more than willing to make energy sacrifices if it means sticking it to Putin.

"The Ukrainians had no say in the devolution," another offered. "You mean like the English, Welsh and Northern Irish with the forthcoming Scotland referendum," I replied.

You mean the open, free and fair referendum that is planned, after years of consultation, debate, and no weapons being used against those voting?
The two are not even comparable, and the fact that you resort to such ridiculous comparisons suggests more than a slight whiff of desperation.

Crimea was stolen from Ukraine by an armed military invasion, a pro-Russian leader was installed without vote (one who got less than 5% of public support in the last local elections there) and it was all done illegally, with no recognition under international laws.

"They're homophobic" is another claim, this because of a law which would gain support everywhere, prohibiting the promotion of homosexuality to children.

You clearly know very little about this subject.
In Russia, this is not a law about the "promotion" of homosexuality (how the f can someone "promote" a sexuality? You are either gay, or you are not. It's not something that can be "learned". The suggestion that it is is not only idiotic, it suggests a level of ignorance I would never expect to see on a forum such as ATS).

You also conveniently ignore the gay venue that was shot at, gassed, firebombed and eventually had to close down because they had NO PROTECTION from extremists. The police never investigated any of these incidents.
You also have no clue about the many hundreds of young people lured, tortured, raped and beaten by Russian Orthodox fascists in the country, and the many videos they proudly share across the VK social network, showing their faces and in some cases even giving their names - and all avoiding any police intervention.

Your suggestion that such a "law" would be supported anywhere is also false. I don't know if you've been living outside of the real world for a decade, but same sex marriage is passing all over the world, and all over America too. There are currently plans to make it illegal in the US to discriminate in employment against LGBT people.

The majority of rational people would reject your notions without even spending time considering it.

If you think your nonsense is "balanced", you have a very strange view of rational and critical thinking, one that is in direct contradiction to the description you give it.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013 Word has it that Russia's trip to NK was to forgive the multi billion dollars owed to them . In return North Korea will allow Russia to build a pipeline to the south .....All the vilifying of Russia and Putin is not working and before the US can hold the moral high ground they need to fix what they broke . Iraq ,and others as well as stop propping up such brutal regimes as they are well known to do .In short they need to deal with their own problems at home . Get rid of the influence the neo-con Zionist have on them .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join