It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nephilim war axe found (w/ pics)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So I have a friend who is a retired minister who one day knowing my interest in antediluvian studies brought over a rock with an interesting story behind it.

Here's a closer look.

He found this just south of Youngstown Ohio near a crick, and took it to someone who deals with antiquities or archeology near Morgan town (I think, I admit I really wasn't paying attention at this point I was too busy drooling) and the guy told him that it had to be wielded by someone who at minimum was between 10-12 feet tall due to the size of this stone.

To give a much better understanding of the size of this thing, I placed a 20 on my coffee table.

The other interesting thing he said was that he noticed (the curator, not my friend) was that the leather patina was still intact in the groove of this stone. I estimated theoretically b/c of the patina still being intact & both of our belief in the bible, theoretically this could be anywhere from 3500-4000 years old. (It couldn't be older, otherwise the flood would wash it off imo)

I took these pics in my living room using a droid razr m on hdr settings, sorry I didn't think to borrow my mother's dslr camera for this, but this was on the fly, so...

Anyway I just wanted to share my lil bit of history & see what you guys thought about 'em.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Could there be organic materials that may be carbon dated still in the groove?
If its Nephelim its older than 4000 yrs I think....it may belong to the Giants with the double rows of teeth that roamed the west and were wiped out by the Native Americans...

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
How much does that thing weigh?
It may have been used by a normal sized person as a sledge for slaughtering cattle.
I've swung a 16 pounder all day.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Could there be organic materials that may be carbon dated still in the groove?
If its Nephelim its older than 4000 yrs I think....it may belong to the Giants with the double rows of teeth that roamed the west and were wiped out by the Native Americans...

The only matter I know about was what I was told which was the leather that once resided in the groove.

I don't think it's older b/c I looked at the genealogies of the bible patriarchs & most ppl lump the antediluvian age into one lump, "days of noah" however, the nephilim were around since the days of jarod, that's where I got that number.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

Or it was an indian that was over compensating...
I have something similar, little smaller but same idea

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Given that is was found in Ohio, my guess would be the Norse colonization of the Americas, Viking in origin and from around 800bc - 1300ad.

+50 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I didn't take the time to weigh it, but honestly it felt like between 5-7 pounds.

I should've took side shots, it hadn't occurred to me, sorry.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Thx.

I'm not saying my answer is the only right answer, merely stating what I believe & why.

I'm perfectly fine agreeing to disagree civilly.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Doesn't look like an axe to me, and I've seen a few stone tools in person

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I recall hearing legends among the Native Americans in North America in regards to a race of red-headed giants, which were eventually killed off by the Natives.

Just because the stone is assumed to have been used by one that is a giant, it does not mean that it is nephilim, nor does it mean that it is proof of nephilim.

I'm actually curious if the stone, based on its shape and size, could have been used as a kind of grinding stone, for grains or maize... (by use of the natives that is)
edit on V20140624April06Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:06:34 -0500America/Chicago by VoidFire because: just clarifying

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I've seen warhammer stones just like that all across Ohio.

They were used as battle clubs, or hunting clubs. That one is rather large, but I fail to see where the Nephilim come into play. The Natives from this area (I live in Ohio) primarily used stones like these as everyday implements, although some say there were ceremonial clubs as well. My dad found a stone club head just like that from the area but it was only about 2 pounds and more oval shaped. Archaeologists from around this region regularly find arrowheads, flint pieces, and club heads similar to this one. The Ohio Valley area and state were well populated with a mixture of cultures well before Europeans settled here.

Very good find, and good pictures but I don't see where the Nephilim fit in.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I can imagine a scenario where 5,000 years from now someone discovers a sledge hammer made in 2014 and thinks it's proof that our present generation were giants.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but I always try to look at things from every angle I can think of.
Stones like that are a common find where I live, though I've never seen one that large.
Native Americans used them to grind grain and other foods. There are also a lot of large rocks, worn into a bowl shape in the center from the grinding process ,around here.

Interesting find! Thanks for sharing!

S&F

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidFire
I recall hearing legends among the Native Americans in North America in regards to a race of red-headed giants, which were eventually killed off by the Natives.

Just because the stone is assumed to have been used by one that is a giant, it does not mean that it is nephilim, nor does it mean that it is proof of nephilim.

I'm actually curious if the stone, based on its shape and size, could have been used as a kind of grinding stone, for grains or maize...

The native legends are a lil more detailed here ; the story goes that there were in fact two tribes of Nephilim around here, (I'm only a hundred or so miles away from the nephilim mounds in Newark) one set had black hair & the other had red. The red beat the black haired into extinction iirc.

Also the side of it is rather edgy, so I doubt it was a tool used for grinding.

But I'm not here to argue/debate what the purpose is for, just posting pics & discussing.

Have a good one.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
See any rune markings...like Kennington rune stone?
Nice thread!
edit on 24-4-2014 by Granite because: sp

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
I've seen warhammer stones just like that all across Ohio.

They were used as battle clubs, or hunting clubs. That one is rather large, but I fail to see where the Nephilim come into play. The Natives from this area (I live in Ohio) primarily used stones like these as everyday implements, although some say there were ceremonial clubs as well. My dad found a stone club head just like that from the area but it was only about 2 pounds and more oval shaped. Archaeologists from around this region regularly find arrowheads, flint pieces, and club heads similar to this one. The Ohio Valley area and state were well populated with a mixture of cultures well before Europeans settled here.

Very good find, and good pictures but I don't see where the Nephilim fit in.

I solely base the nephilim claim due to what the size of the person would have to be that wielded this thing (10-12 feet tall effectively) Goliath was this same size.

In the original stories, the Greek "Titans" were 450 tall, these were in fact the original Nephilim. (Which would explain cities like Baalbek etc. The giants mentioned by the two spies after the Jewish exodus were speculated to be 35 feet tall, so technically goliath & this one would be fairly small, just the nephilim genes dying out over time.

Anyway that's how I see it. I didn't make that title just for "hits", I genuinely believe it.

Maybe later I can get my friend over here and I'll go so far to find out the place he visited anyway by name, and if I'm really upto it I'll provide a google maps location where he found it. (We're both geeks about this kind of thing so I doubt it'll be that much trouble.) So stay tuned! lol

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It's still fairly hard to believe that a race from a biblical story would be living in the Americas, which were unknown to the people of the Mediterranean thousands of years ago.

It's easier to assume that much like how humanity is diverse, there was actually a group of peoples that tended to grow to great heights biologically, compared to modern humans. Of which, those people were likely killed off through other means.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
i apologize for my overly aggressive response but this is no different then bringing a peace of toast that looks like jesus is on it and saying i found god the bibles real. theres 100 different things it could be and a Nephilim war club isnt anywhere to be seen on the list.

I'm probably a little biased as I've had family and close friends try to shove all kinds of pseudo archeology down my throat all with "good intentions" all the while wondering when il start ponying up that 10% every wednesday and sunday.

religion is a bad cult that just because most of the people are good happy people doesn't mean they aren't trying to recruit to their cult. this post could inspire some 14 year old to go study OOPARTS and he could get sucked into a life of lies. mind you their are alot of OOPARTS but not the way the churches in texas and ohio would have you believe. just because religious people seem all well and good intentioned they are not. its an addiction like any other and validation through peer acceptance is rampant in the church.

so much face palm.....

grats on bringing the picture to us and thank you for that. if it really was what you say wouldnt it warrant maybe a phone call to get the DSLR? OR maybe a visit from the world press? i think some one needs to call neil degrassi tyson, let him know whats up..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join