It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Scrambles to Condemn Rancher's Remarks on Race

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
GOP Scrambles to Condemn Rancher's Remarks on Race

Offering words of encouragement for a rancher leading an armed standoff against federal rangers turns out to be not so great of a political move – especially when the rancher in question muses publicly about the benefits of slavery.

Republicans – including possible 2016 candidate Rand Paul -- are scrambling to distance themselves from defiant Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy after he made startling comments about slavery and African-Americans in a New York Times article published Wednesday night.

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do. “And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

What's the best way to lose GOP support? Start running your mouth like a racist ahole.

Seeing how this man has made his living by allowing his cattle to graze on public land and not paying for it then he is no better than the people he is complaining about seeing how he is getting something for nothing. Some of the ignorant comments that really stuck out is "they put their young men in jail" are all judges black now? And why were the slaves allowed to have families? Because that puts more workers in the field and more product you can sell in the form of their children.

He simply can't see in his mind that they do have more freedom simply because they don't have someone standing over them with a whip beating them if they didn't work fast enough.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

There is NO PROOF he even made the comment!

We either have one of the most incompetent journalist OR a liar....

She had a cameraperson with her, and yet all we have is a written piece with no audio, no video and paper who is noted for being highly biased in it's reporting.

Seriously, I am not even a journalist and if I was interviewing Bundy and he started to say these things, if the camera was off I would stop Bundy to get him on camera!

But hey, it isn't like the MSM sources ever take things out of context, let alone flat out lie now is it!

You folks getting your jollies acting as race pimps have fun!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
thats quite amusing

he has just spoilt his image but gave me a laugh

bless

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
And there goes the majority of the support for the Bundy Ranch, He'll be a forgotten memory now.

Such a shame, was a good run while it lasted.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
"Benefits of Slavery" goddamn!

of course, inb4 battalion of people come in with "pic or it didn't happen".

First step of denial!!! commence!

EDIT:The video(originally from Flatfish)

edit on 4/24/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
ya next it will be incinerating babies,,

Billion Dollar Babies

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
IF he did make those statements,

Does not lessen the wrong doings by the Feds/BLM.

Let's see what he says about the claims. Pretty quick to jump on the wagon.....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Buster you are the problem NOT the answer.....Your anti freedom stand is duly noted.....
The remarks as reported are not even racist...they are more about the racist treatment of negroes in America.....
get a life...................your anti liberty hysteria is not catching on.....regards, STIRLING....

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Buster you are the problem NOT the answer.....Your anti freedom stand is duly noted.....
The remarks as reported are not even racist...they are more about the racist treatment of negroes in America.....
get a life...................your anti liberty hysteria is not catching on.....regards, STIRLING....

You fail to see the racism because you have the same mindset?

I wonder.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well, just add him to the pile of GOP "heroes" like Joe The Plumber, Phil Robertson, etc.
And the right ponder why they are labeled as "racist".

Give these people enough rope and eventually they'll hang themselves.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i think he was comparing how the government behaves today to slave owners, saying that life is worse now for poor and minorities than slavery ever made it, in his opinion. i don't think he was trying to be racist at all, i think he was just pointing out how destructive the government is to the people.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Video here: Cliven Bundy on blacks: ‘Are they better off as slaves?’

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Let's see....can't run him off, curbed the BLM so lets mislabel a comment he made from descriptive, as it was meant, to racist to bury him. Nice.

Not buying it

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Personally I don't care if he's a racist or not he's entitled to his unenlightened opinions.

I do care that he's just one of a number of people who think they're entitled to use public lands to generate a profit without paying for it. He's small scale though, look into the General Mining Law of 1872 and the fact that rich mining and oil companies can harvest resources from public lands for free and then use the Percentage Depletion Allowance to deduct the diminished value of something they don't even own to the tune of billions of dollars a year. How's that for unfair subsidization?

I also find it ridiculous that self-styled "revolutionaries" have been trying to turn Cliven Bundy into some sort of folk hero.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

“They put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton.

Oh man, almost snorted my coffee out on that one.

Hey he's a private citizen speaking his mind. Has nothing to do with the fascist moves by the BLM and doubtful anyone would have noticed him otherwise if the feds hadn't launched a full blown land and cattle invasion against him.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Let's see....can't run him off, curbed the BLM so lets mislabel a comment he made from descriptive, as it was meant, to racist to bury him. Nice.

Not buying it

Sure don't buy it. He was tricked into saying those nasty thing on the video.

*rolls eyes*

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
a reply to: seeker1963

Video here: Cliven Bundy on blacks: ‘Are they better off as slaves?’

It would be honest of the liberal media attack machine to upload the full video rather than this snipped version so one could hear just how Cliven was goaded into his comment on the plight of minorities at the hands of the government.

The distraction provided is classic divide and conquer tactics best taught by Alinsky.

Tells me Cliven, his cause and his supporters were deemed to be getting too popular for the FedLib-o-Media machine to tolerate.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
lol what the heck.

First it was "where is the video? i dont buy it.

then video emerges.

"Sure he was tricked and video edited"

Disagree but STOP DEFENDING his racist attitude. Its out.

Be the better man and stop defending his rant, even if you don't agree with government or the BLM.

it just make you look stupid.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

How is posting a thread about a racist anti freedom? Or are you talking about my posts in other threads pointing out this man is nothing but deabeat who stopped paying grazing fees 20 years ago and has absolutely no rights to the land? So just where is my anti freedom stance at? A man saying that a race would have a better life if they were slaves isn't racist?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

We either have one of the most incompetent journalist OR a liar....

She had a cameraperson with her, and yet all we have is a written piece with no audio, no video and paper who is noted for being highly biased in it's reporting.

Seriously, I am not even a journalist and if I was interviewing Bundy and he started to say these things, if the camera was off I would stop Bundy to get him on camera!

But hey, it isn't like the MSM sources ever take things out of context, let alone flat out lie now is it!

You folks getting your jollies acting as race pimps have fun!

But there IS PROOF Bundy let his cattle graze on property that wasn't his. Racist or not, he's no better than the people he is saying are taking something for nothing. Just because he doesn't believe the the Federal Gov't laws, he should pay the price like the rest of us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join