It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Scrambles to Condemn Rancher's Remarks on Race

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I wonder why most of these high profile conservative (false)liberty thumpers are generally racist in their mindsets and beliefs. Sure, it's their prerogative, but after a certain point it becomes ridiculous to give them an elevated platform to speak and act upon. Supporters will say, "what does this have to do with his claim." To this I say: mind your thoughts, because your thoughts become words. Mind your words, because words become actions. Mind your actions, because your actions become your character. Carefully craft your character, because your character becomes your destiny.

If this man's words and actions are causing so much of a hooplah, on land that may not even be his under a system where the leviathan rightfully owns some of the land as sacrifice...then, I must wonder, is this man's character questionable to the extent that he's unworthy of not only support, but media air time in general?

Be wary of those to whom you cast your loyalties, and to whom you provide your defenses. For their sins become shared, a burden that you must also bear.

Careful, careful my friends. Be mindful of who and what you defend. They could just be that monster under humanity's bed. Bundy displays many of the ills that we seek to mollify if not one day eliminate from our psyche's through enlightened thought and right action. We must be careful not to give that mindset, action, or character a home in our hearts any longer.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The feds sent snipers and a bunch of armed law enforcement officials because Bundy and his cohorts expressed their intent to 'defend' themselves at any cost, AND, to put their fremale supports out on the front line so that if shooting did start, the women would get hit first. Sound familiar? It's a common tactic in the middle east used by similar 'patriotic' misguided religious nuts. Bundy and his buddies threaten violence if confronted, and then wonder why the feds show up armed. How can ANYONE rally to this racist moron's defense?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

The feds sent snipers and a bunch of armed law enforcement officials because Bundy and his cohorts expressed their intent to 'defend' themselves at any cost

It's a civil matter to begin with, not a criminal matter. Study the law and then make your statements after you have educated yourself on the difference. There is (used to be) a "Use of force standard" in place within our law enforcement. That standard dictated an appropriate response and mandated that law enforcement not be the escalating party. There was a long list of actions to be taken prior to ever unholstering a firearm or laying down a deadly force situation... we're boned right now as a nation. The feds consistantly jump across all the nonlethal, nonescalatory options and run straight into "I have a high powered firearm and I will put you in the ground if you don't properly kiss this government ass." We saw it at Ruby RIdge, we saw it at Waco, we saw it with Ellian Gonzalez, and we started to see it in Nevada. YOU may appreciate living in a militarized police state, I don't.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Agree with you - and, it just goes to show that the GOP is just as stupid as the DNC when it comes to taking words out of context and running with it.

To those americans who are still capable of rational thought - see the whole context - and realize the GOP is just as tyrannical as the DNC.

We really need to get our country back from these psychopathic, life-long gov't stooges.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I appreciate living in this country. If YOU don't - leave! Today! Right now! Quick! Get to that magical land where everything is the way you want it to be. See ya !

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Happy1

Gee, let me guess...'Rational' thought is that which lines up with what you think, right? You got some kind of certificate proving how 'rational' YOU are, do ya? You guys are all about freedom, as long as everybody else thinks like you. I wonder, have you noticed that the group of people who DO think like you is shrinking, all the time, everyday....

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: buster2010

There is NO PROOF he even made the comment!

We either have one of the most incompetent journalist OR a liar....

She had a cameraperson with her, and yet all we have is a written piece with no audio, no video and paper who is noted for being highly biased in it's reporting.

Seriously, I am not even a journalist and if I was interviewing Bundy and he started to say these things, if the camera was off I would stop Bundy to get him on camera!

But hey, it isn't like the MSM sources ever take things out of context, let alone flat out lie now is it!

You folks getting your jollies acting as race pimps have fun!

There is a video. As far as I can tell his remarks are not out of context.

I stand as an ardent opponent of how the federal government conducted itself.

But Bundy is still wrong, he still owes the government unpaid grazing fees, and he is still an ignorant man who generalized black people in front of God and everyone and I will not stand by a man like that.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It's a good thing no one asked Mr. Bundy what his views on homosexuality are.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's amazing how, on this site, those who have the means to pay but don't are labelled heroes, but those who don't have the means are labelled scum and are the ones destroying this country.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

But there IS PROOF Bundy let his cattle graze on property that wasn't his. Racist or not, he's no better than the people he is saying are taking something for nothing. Just because he doesn't believe the the Federal Gov't laws, he should pay the price like the rest of us.

So you are saying that we all should just keep paying the price for something that
we already own ?
My interpretation of the Constuition is We the People means citizens of the USA.
Crap and i've been paying all these TAXES all these years for absolutely not one
single piece of the PIE.
Dam i'm hurt now.
Think of all that money that i've wasted PAYING TAXES.
PROPERTY,CITY,COUNTY,STATE,FEDERAL,SCHOOL,VEHICLE,CIGARETTE,BOOZE and ON and ON and ON.
HOLY COW BATMAN
I was sure there was a reason for all that CASH that i dished out.
LMAO some people just don't get the big picture.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesman1955

"Over 80% of the state's area is owned by the federal government. The primary reason for this is that homesteads were not permitted in large enough sizes to be viable in the arid conditions that prevail throughout desert Nevada. Instead, early settlers would homestead land surrounding a water source, and then graze livestock on the adjacent public land, which is useless for agriculture without access to water"

unquote

the big picture

"This map details the percentage of state territory owned by the federal government. The top 10 list of states with the highest percentage of federally owned land looks like this:

Nevada 84.5%
Alaska 69.1%
Utah 57.4%
Oregon 53.1%
Idaho 50.2%
Arizona 48.1%
California 45.3%
Wyoming 42.3%
New Mexico 41.8%
Colorado 36.6%

new topics

top topics