It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY TIMES- Cliven Bundy Is Racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ltinycdancerg Dagnabit, he's got us all pegged. NOT. Maybe this is a media ploy, and the guy has a right to believe what he wants. That said, this guy just pigeon holed a whole race of people based on a MINORITY segment of black people. Here's a newsflash for those of you that think like this guy, the MAJORITY of black people ARE NOT recipients of government handouts, and live in the projects or the ''hood''. My maternal and paternal grandfathers were WW2 vets, with my paternal grandfather receiving a Purple Heart. My father and uncles were Vietnam vets, and a host of my cousins serve to this day. My family has earned everything that we have and no one gave us anything. I was behind this guy, but if he feels that way about us lowly, shiftless ''negroes'', to hell with him and his ranch. I'd fight beside my fellow man, no matter the hue of his skin, but I'd never fight beside a bigot, be he black, white or purple.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ltinycdancerg

While it would be easy to believe that racist discourse like that would come from a Nevada rancher, we need to think about the circumstances.

There're a whole lot of reasons to discredit this guy in the media right now and the reporter just happened to not be filming or recording him.

In this case, I see more reasons for the media to lie than for Bundy to be stupid enough to spout off something like that. He can't be that clueless to his situation that he wouldn't realize the ramifications of saying that sort of crap out loud, whether or not he believed them. I'm not convinced he said it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There's a great thread on StormFront about how Mr. Bundy is being attacked for "telling the truth" about blacks... I'm sure some here would love it.

Mr. Bundy absolutely has the right to be a racist and he has the right to share his beliefs. And we have the right to call him racist for doing so.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I'm a racist, but I'm no bigot. Anyone who claims not to be a racist
is a liar. Because every person on the planet is a racist to some degree.

Politically ostracized, and not even on the PTA. WTF?

edit on Ram42414v52201400000000 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

lol I have no doubt some here may have membership there.

"i don't see it being racist at all" take the the cake lol.

Wonder what wonderful replies awaits from his supporters.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I'm a racist, but I'm no bigot. Anyone who claims not to be a racist
is a liar. Because every person on the planet is a racist to some degree.

How can I be racist? My paternal grandfather's father is white. That's where my surname comes from. On both my parents side is black and Cherokee. Sure, I'm seen as just a ''black'' guy, but there lies my racial makeup. You tell me, randy, just how the hell can I be racist? My wife is white and my daughters are half white and half me. Racism is systematic and it is the belief that your race is superior. Anyone who feels that way is a certified, bonafide IDIOT.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If Bundy is or isn't a bigot (and it looks like he may well be) .... it has nothing to do with Harry Reid and his land grab. The two are really separate issues but Reid will play it up as an excuse to shoot more cattle and steal land for his China deal.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The truth is this out of context and not exactly racist statement is no proof of Bundys racism at all.....

I agree and we are talking about a very old geezer who doesn't live in our very politically correct world. Racism aside, go talk to just about any old person and most people today will be shocked since their political correctness is stuck somewhere in the 50s/40s...hehe

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: poloblack

How can I be racist? My paternal grandfather's father is white. That's where my surname comes from. On both my parents side is black and Cherokee. Sure, I'm seen as just a ''black'' guy, but there lies my racial makeup. You tell me, randy, just how the hell can I be racist? My wife is white and my daughters are half white and half me. Racism is systematic and it is the belief that your race is superior. Anyone who feels that way is a certified, bonafide IDIOT.

I read in your statement above that you feel being a mutt is superior......

edit on 24-4-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Racism is systematic and it is the belief that your race is superior.

Not necessarily. You simply have to feel that a race contains any inherit qualities whatsoever. Positive or negative.

And being a "mutt" doesnt mean you are somehow immune. Plenty of people have "racist" views of even their own races.

The best thing to come out of all this nonsense regarding race is that evidence that "race" as humans has always seen it and defined it may not even exist. Race doesnt exist, or does it? Interesting story contained in that show about a black man who wasnt "black" yet had lived his whole life as a "black man" which brings up all sorts of madness.

I still remember being a little kid in the grocery store with my friend when he reached up for a box of corn flakes and this black woman in the same aisle yelled at him something like "black people don't eat corn flakes, put down that white people cereal" and tried to hand him a box of Fruit Loops.

That was probably my earliest exposure to the fact the world around me was populated almost exclusively by retarded assholes.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I'm a racist, but I'm no bigot.

Are you sure you know the meaning of those words?

rac·ist
based on racism: based on prejudices and stereotypes related to race
prejudiced against other races: prejudiced against all people who belong to other races
racist person: somebody who hates others who are not of his or her own race

big·ot
intolerant person: somebody with strong opinions, especially on politics, religion, or ethnicity, who refuses to accept different views

Anyone who claims not to be a racist is a liar.

I strongly disagree. Don't project your beliefs onto others to justify them...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Bundy's comments, published Wednesday, led Republican lawmakers who had previously shown their support for his cause to back down. A spokesman for Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.), who had previously hailed Bundy and his supporters as "patriots," rebuked the rancher's racist remarks, saying the senator “completely disagrees with Mr. Bundy’s appalling and racist statements, and condemns them in the most strenuous way.” Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who said he supported Bundy in an interview with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren earlier this week, denounced Bundy's racist remarks Thursday, Business Insider reports. "His remarks on race are offensive and I wholeheartedly disagree with him," Paul said, according to a spokesman.

It’s a kind of mentality, so this was predictable.

It’s superfluous arguing over whether this statement is racist, it’s self explanatory.

If I ride past a group of well off white people and say something like:

There they go again, showing off the white man’s ill gotten gain.

How would people think of those remarks?

edit on 24-4-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: poloblack

K, I've dealt with this question before just so you know.
For starters your definition of racist seems wrong IMO.
And falls more under bigot because of the word superior.
I may be wrong
and will leave the look up to you. But, in my mind you are a
racist if you're simply proud to be white, black red, indigo
whatever. Also you think you aren't racist? You haven't been
to jail have you?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Just because someone is a racist doesn't mean that they are not worthy of equal protection under the law. Trying to use this to justify the actions of a corrupt branch of government reeks of government propaganda.

This is America and it's his right to be a racist. It's also your right to be offended. Either way the law should be colorblind.

In a world of 8 second attention spans I guess supporting someone against a corrupt government is automatically you supporting someone on everything they say or do.

Or so they'd have you believe....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Probably out of context but very inappropriate. Why call out one race of people for being lazy? He's making it seem like black people are lazy and he probably thinks that black people are beneath white people. That's what I got out of this. Some stats for clarity as of 1/1/14 I'm sure there are other stats that might be a little different but this is pretty much what you're going to see out there.

Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %
Percent of recipients who are Hispanic 15.7 %
Percent of recipients who are Asian 2.4 %
Percent of recipients who are Other 3.3 %

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I read in your statement above that you feel being a mutt is superior......
I'm no mutt and I had nothing to do with my genetic makeup. And I don't know how you came to that conclusion about superiority, but, ok man.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Another gold from his supporters.

"Racism = Political Correctness".

No wonder racism is alive and well.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yeah, he's a racist. Hell I'll go one further, "He is an ignorant, hypocritical racist!"

here's his statement;

Wow! This guy has the audacity to stand there and insinuate that blacks were happier, had better family lives and just fundamentally better off as slaves than they are now as recipients of government assistance.

Well, not only does this guy have absolutely no concept of what life as a slave was like back in those days, apparently he has a real problem admitting that he is the recipient of more government handouts than any black family sitting on their porch, anywhere in America.

Isn't he the one who owes the government 1.1 million dollars in unpaid grazing fees? On top of that, isn't the government's fee for grazing on federal land substantially lower than what it would cost to graze on private land? (somewhere around 10 times lower) Wouldn't that qualify as a government subsidy? And he refuses to pay even that!

What an absolute joke of a man he is! And to think that all those conservative pundits and "patriot" types across America who couldn't get on his band-wagon quick enough. LOL..."literally"

IMO, the modern day conservative movement here in America has to be the worst judge of personal character in human history. And to think they spent all that money rushing out to Nevada and once there, were even "strategizing to put all their women up front" to possibly get shot, just to defend this moron.

The really sad part is, I'm pretty sure that those same right-wing idiots would do it again.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Some people seriously think the white Irish were better off eating potatoes in old Ireland.
Indeed they should put down their whiskey bottles and beer and go back to the potato farm!

I saw a group of Frenchmen yesterday, ALL DRUNK ON WINE!

And later a group of Germans eating sausages and drinking draft beer all saying
HEIL HITLER! Over and over.

Why don’t these bums go back to their countries

How does that sound?

Look in the mirror folks and see other peoples perspectives.

Or just stay in darlness

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

a reply to: poloblack

K, I've dealt with this question before just so you know.
For starters your definition of racist seems wrong IMO.
And falls more under bigot because of the word superior.
I may be wrong
and will leave the look up to you. But, in my mind you are a
racist if you're simply proud to be white, black red, indigo
whatever. Also you think you aren't racist? You haven't been
to jail have you?
I'm 44 years old randy, and my life has been the stuff of motion pictures, all bs aside. And yes, I've been to jail on a few occassions, nothing felonious, mind you. You had absolutely NO say-so about what race you are. You didn't make yourself whatever race you are, so why in the hell are you SO proud of something that you had nothing to do with? That's ridiculous.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join