It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY TIMES- Cliven Bundy Is Racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
According to the NY TIMES- this past weekend Cliven Bundy unleashed quite the racist rant- yet, by their own admission, there was only ONE REPORTER, and a SINGLE CAMERA OP that bore witness to said rant...
However, No audio or video has been produced- so all we've got to go on is their (The NY Times) word.

As usual I'm skeptical- especially coming from the NYT.

Linked is the original NYT piece posted yesterday, and below is the segment regarding the "quote" in question.

This is going viral online as I write this...

HUFFINGTON POST:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

THE WIRE:
www.thewire.com...

POLITICO:
www.politico.com...

BUSINESS INSIDER:
www.businessinsider.com...

WASHINGTON POST:
www.washingtonpost.com...

www.nytimes.com...

He said he would continue holding a daily news conference; on Saturday, it drew one reporter and one photographer, so Mr. Bundy used the time to officiate at what was in effect a town meeting with supporters, discussing, in a long, loping discourse, the prevalence of abortion, the abuses of welfare and his views on race.
“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do. Continue reading the main story “And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”
A spokesman for Mr. Paul, informed of Mr. Bundy’s remarks, said the senator was not available for immediate comment.
Chandler Smith, a spokesman for Mr. Heller, said that the senator “completely disagrees with Mr. Bundy’s appalling and racist statements, and condemns them in the most strenuous way.”
A spokeswoman for Mr. Abbott, Laura Bean, said that the letter he wrote “was regarding a dispute in Texas and is in no way related to the dispute in Nevada.”

edit on 24-4-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ltinycdancerg

A member here stated that this would happen @ a week ago.

Can't remember who, but he NAILED it!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Now they can shoot him and murder the "women and children" and the public will clap just as they did when Sam and Vicki were shot whose husband and father was deemed "racist."

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The truth is this out of context and not exactly racist statement is no proof of Bundys racism at all.....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
And it's people like this that give America a bad reputation.

This situation at the ranch has jumped the shark. How can we just end this and overlook human stupidity?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ltinycdancerg

You have to think he was strongly baited into that response, or he was drunk and off the record, if it's even true. And even if true, how exactly does it make him racist? It doesn't really matter as long as they remain on the offensive attacking his character.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Nothing about his statement sounds racist except for his antiquated use of the word negro.
Its all true of course. Why would anyone want to work if the government will subsidize them sitting around all day. He just doesn't realize how many white people do the same thing however. Being a government parasite is not an honorable way of life. I am all for helping the poor get on their feet and to help the disabled. But able-bodied people should always have work to do

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm sure this will make me sound like a jerk... but I don't care if he's a racist or not. He has the right to be racist if he so chooses. He has the right to have an opinion on any dang thing he wants. Just like we ALL do. I think the media is just trying to jump at any chance to make him look bad, to turn eyes away from the actions of the BLM.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
as i stated in the other thread, this is a political hit piece.
aimed not just at bundy, but also pual.

now he chose some of his words poorly, picking cotton and such, but who can actually say that in their home town there are not places just like what he described.

and he was right, some are slaves to the welfare system.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

"picking cotton" ya

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
AAAAAND....... his supporters are here with pitch fork and whips.

Oh and few started deflecting already, just as expected.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
yup,,

looks like another,,

for Clive Bundy.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Racist or product of his generation?

I don't know.

Inappropriate?

Definitely.

He could of worded that alot better.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Keep it up NYTs and the rest of the useful idiots.

We are watching you and you will be held accountable for your
willingness to commit treason against your fellow countrymen.

Shame on you!

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." The Tale of Two Cities. I suggest you read it, learn your potential faith for going against the people!

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Nothing about his statement sounds racist except for his antiquated use of the word negro.
Its all true of course. Why would anyone want to work if the government will subsidize them sitting around all day.

I cannot believe I just read this! LOL How incredible! He drives by some black people's house and sees them sitting on the porch and makes so many judgments and generalizations about blacks and you think it's not racist??? When will racist people realize that they're racist???

You just keep thinking that black people were "better off picking cotton" and tell yourself that it's not racist to think that way... OMG!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Racist or product of his generation?

Probably both. But being a product of a generation is not an excuse to hold onto those antiquated and racist beliefs. MANY people (including myself) grew up racist, but have changed their beliefs.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Now that the media has determined that he is a racist, expect the next BLM attack in the very near future.

Because, as we all know, racists don't have rights in America.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

Personally, I support his right to freedom of speech, however ridiculous it may be. Just like I support your right to free speech. I also believe that he broke the law when he grazed his cattle without following the regulations and fees set in place. And I also believe the BLM is too militarized.

And lastly, I believe that nothing is black and white (no pun intended).

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The political movement he is apart of is racist or leans racist, that explains all the hateful rhetoric. You all are quick to jump on the government people doing there jobs, your defending this millionaire, now racist millionaire. So what now?
edit on 24-4-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Um, so what?

Who gives a rats rear?

Maybe if there were more blacks out supporting him it might change his opinion of them, or maybe not, honestly what does this have to do with any of the Fed BS of them overstepping their boundaries?

If you can't beat em, slander them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join