It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Had Enough of This Gay Marriage Crap.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yep, when your rights infringe upon others' rights, that's a problem. That was DEFINITELY best kept at home and not in a public place. Here you are trying to eat and maintain an appetite at the table. Just like you shouldn't have to go outside and have someone punch you in the face. It's more than grotesquely inconsiderate on so many levels.
edit on 20-4-2014 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The price of freedom is association with nuts. If they want everyone to respect their relationship, respect others. If you want goverment out of your bedroom, don't turn a public place into one.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: redwhite81

Exactly, there's no more need to make out in public places to shock the populace, and shake the foundations of gender stereotypes and power.

Stay home, and put it on social media.
That way your own kids might see it one day too.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499
Can't really argue with you on that one.

I wish they could just get married anywhere they want, to whom they want, so the rest of us don't have to share in their indecent excitement over each other.

edit on 21-4-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I think that Government needs to get out of the marriage business. If two people want to be recognized as a couple for legal purposes, it should be the same as forming a corporation. Go to the local Government, fill out some papers and that's it. When it comes to the marriage part, if your religion recognizes your type of relationship, you have the ceremony.

Marriage IS a legal contract so you're not making any sense. No one has to have a religious ceremony to be married. You can go down to the courthouse and have the papers signed, you can drive through and have "Elvis" proclaim you as married, you can be married in the eyes of whatever god you worship but no matter what you choose to do to celebrate it, the bottom line is that you ARE just forming a legal partnership.

Also, the behavior you're upset with has nothing to do with marriage rights.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Hehe, I would just have started filming it. When they would complain, I would answer that this is a public space, if they feel the need to do it in public, they can not blame me for recording a video in public.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'm against straight marriage. I was in this tavern once and there was this very drunk heterosexual couple having sex in the woman's bathroom.

In college I ate at a co-op. There was a heterosexual couple that always made out in the common room, and there was a lesbian couple that did the same on occasion. So actually I am only for for homosexual men getting married because in my experience they are the only ones with courtesy when it comes to PDA.

Makes as much sense as your rant, OP.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

How bizarre. I know quite a few gay people, and have been to parties and other celebrations with gay people - and I have never seen anything like you have described. Maybe I just hang out with a classier group of gays than you do? I tend to hang out with classier people, period.

It was bizarre. YOUR statement here just shows how the gay community and their "cause" will try to ignore what many feel is being pushed as being "political correct" when speaking about the gay community. Trying to tell me I don't hang around classy gay people than you, is really disguising your personal disdain for anyone pointing out poor behavior about the gay community. You don't know me, or who I hang around with, so your comment is nothing but a veiled insult to anyone disagreeing with poor gay behavior or their political approach to shoving their life style down everyone's throat. For your information, the wedding we were invited to was a sister of my daughter's boyfriend. So I guess your belief that my wife and I hang around a poor class of gay people doesn't hold water, period.

There are trashy people everywhere, no matter the sexual orientation, or race, or religion. The fact that gays are fighting for marriage equality has NOTHING to do with trashy gay people. Just like blacks fighting for equality has nothing to do with trashy black people. Or Christians fighting for religious freedom has anything to do with trashy Christians. There is nothing wrong with fighting for equality or freedom. Don't mix trashy people with a just cause.

Sure,there are trashy heterosexuals too, and I'm sure if they were behaving that way in public, it would also be outrageous and frowned upon! The difference here is simple, the political climate created to accept the gay life style has restrained people or anyone in the media to avoid condemning outlandish gay behavior. I notice you didn't comment about the gay parade in Toronto where they were stripping off their clothes in public. If this is the way the gay community is trying to gain acceptance, it's wrong. So I gather this parade wasn't organized by a group of classy gays? When trashy is used in promoting a cause, it only hurts the cause.

There are problems and bad behavior in any community. Those illegal or poor behaviors shouldn't be ignored just because of "political correctness."

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
'Gay marriage' isn't going to go away. It's here for the long run.

Public displays of affection ... heavy duty type .... that's yucky no matter who does it.

And while people are eating? Stomach turning. blah!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Or do you just want an excuse to spout your anti-gay crap??

There you go OP. You were wondering how long it would take until someone would label you and start picking on you and not on the subject. It took only 3 replies and 7 minutes and there you have your first "attack"

On the topic now, I'm not surprised of the display you witnessed. I see this sort of behavior every year on the Gay Pride Parade in the middle of Toronto. It is so bad that I avoid downtown that day because I don't want my kids to be exposed to such things at this stage in their lives. The irony is that if an heterosexual group dares to act the same or display the same amount of "eroticism' on the streets, would be either arrested for public indecency or "moralist" would riot on the streets yelling and screaming that our moral values are being stepped on and humanity have forgotten what being scrupulous mean.

It feels like soon an heterosexual marriage will be considered as abnormal. Indeed we live on in very interesting times. I'm not religious and I'm not a believer but I know something about Sodom and Gomorrah. Our morally decaying society makes the deprivation of those two cities look like a walk in the park. Makes you wonder what would the end be.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
If you ever see that again, film it, and post it online. If they were alright doing that in public, then its OK for public viewing. And you would get a lot of you tube traffic. Then, after the couple found out they were on worldwide TV, they, and others might take that stuff behind closed doors.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The irony is that if an heterosexual group dares to act the same or display the same amount of "eroticism' on the streets, would be either arrested for public indecency or "moralist" would riot on the streets yelling and screaming that our moral values are being stepped on and humanity have forgotten what being scrupulous mean.
a reply to: Telos

That"s exactly the point I was making in my post, yet I get attacked by someone who thinks gay people are above the law or are some how holy than thou. The media has created an atmosphere of "political correctness" when it comes to gays. It's the same thing when it comes to unfair racial attacks against whites by the black community. When any group uses past discrimination as a platform to justify their own poor behavior, it only hurts the entire community. A few bad apples can ruin the honest efforts of the rest of those who are fighting for respect and equality.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: researcher88
I sure enjoy your comments, wow, ha-ha your the guy with the enormous sex drive as in the test, lol,
peeps are firing up your stars, good for you and whole heartedly I say I agree, what right do we have to anything nowadays, I was on a train in Just outside Prague, an old steam train on the way to Karls castle, there was this young couple on the bench in front of us not just at 2nd base, they were at total nookie stage, she was on top and looking over the bench at me and my love at the same time....we were a bit shaken but hell that's how it works nowadays, who are we to rant about how others must behave, somewhere we have to adapt, things in the world are changing faster then they can change the bible to accommodate the new views of life.

I don't agree with the situation that the OP describes, which is why I said it is a matter of decency and a matter of what should or shouldn't be allowed in public.
I just don't think it is an issue of "gay Marriage" and why the OP felt the need to bring that into it?

Gay, Straight, Bi..... keep your hands out of people's pants in restaurants.

I don't condone the behaviour, not sure why you thought I was?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

YOUR earlier post made it sound like all the gays you see are either taking their clothes off or practically having sex in public. I don't believe that's true. I'll bet you see plenty of gays in public that you don't even know they're gay, because they act like normal people. There are plenty of gay weddings that don't involve public sexual acts -- I've been to a few of them. The gay people that I hang around with think the behavior you described is disgusting, so don't claim that all gays will pitch a fit if you complain about trashy gays. Just don't claim that all gays are trashy, because that simply isn't true.

The gay pride parades tend to attract a certain personality of gays, much like Mardis Gras attracts a certain personality of people. There are many, many gays who have never attended a gay pride parade, and have no desire to do so. I have never partied at Mardis Gras, or shown my breasts for beads (and have no desire to do so), but there are many girls who love that sort of thing. I don't hear much of a public outrage over those girls, do you?
edit on 21-4-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Gay, Straight, Bi..... keep your hands out of people's pants in restaurants.

Would you say this rule goes for restaurants restrooms too?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Time to interject a little religion!

"As it was in the days of Noah....."

I hate to define marriage as an "institution", but marriage has for centuries been between a man and woman. What I really don't get is the G&L agenda that they now need to be "married."

First, it was just to be recognized. Then it was to have the same legal rights. Then civil unions....now marriage.

My question is at what point will the G&L agenda be satisfied? When will they feel that they are equal? When they are the majority? When heterosexuals are a thing of the past?

I know plenty of G&L couples who are perfectly happy with just having civil unions, as long as they are recognized as a legal couple....and that should be left for states to decide NOT the federal government.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

YOUR earlier post made it sound like all the gays you see are either taking their clothes off or practically having sex in public. I don't believe that's true. I'll bet you see plenty of gays in public that you don't even know they're gay, because they act like normal people.
a reply to: kaylaluv

I never implied that, I even said heterosexuals acting like that would be frowned upon and probably removed from the restaurant. Instead of finding fault with people who are bringing attention to indecent behavior in public (in this case a gay couple dining at a restaurant or gays at a wedding), maybe you should view it for what it is, obscene and disgusting behavior. Behavior like this in public is impressionable on young minds and young children, let alone disgusting to many adults.

Your personal support for gay marriage affects your unbiased judgement toward gays engaging in this type of behavior. As far as Mardi Gras is concerned, there are people who do disapprove of women showing their breast during that event. However, comparing an adult all night party that has established a long reputation of wild women and booze, can't be compared to public dining, or a wedding in which the invited guests are not aware of possible sexual displays of affection. There were children at this wedding that shouldn't have been subject to that kind of display of affection.

...and like I said about the parades, just because you say they attract "a certain type of people" that doesn't reflect the majority of gay people, it does however, send the wrong message on gay life styles to the public as a whole. This may be stereotyping, but for a group trying to sway public opinion toward same sex marriage, they're not winning over supporters with this type of display. Maybe those gays who are pushing for a change in marriage laws, should step in and put a stop to those type of parades which is hurting the gay cause.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I never implied that, I even said heterosexuals acting like that would be frowned upon and probably removed from the restaurant. Instead of finding fault with people who are bringing attention to indecent behavior in public (in this case a gay couple dining at a restaurant or gays at a wedding), maybe you should view it for what it is, obscene and disgusting behavior. Behavior like this in public is impressionable on young minds and young children, let alone disgusting to many adults.

Your personal support for gay marriage affects your unbiased judgement toward gays engaging in this type of behavior. As far as Mardi Gras is concerned, there are people who do disapprove of women showing their breast during that event. However, comparing an adult all night party that has established a long reputation of wild women and booze, can't be compared to public dining, or a wedding in which the invited guests are not aware of possible sexual displays of affection. There were children at this wedding that shouldn't have been subject to that kind of display of affection.

I never said it was appropriate behavior. In fact, I implied that it was trashy behavior, did I not? Not all gays are trashy. Not all gays approve of this type of behavior. Gay marriage is not a bad thing just because you went to one wedding that included inappropriate behavior by some gay people.

...and like I said about the parades, just because you say they attract "a certain type of people" that doesn't reflect the majority of gay people, it does however, send the wrong message on gay life styles to the public as a whole. This may be stereotyping, but for a group trying to sway public opinion toward same sex marriage, they're not winning over supporters with this type of display. Maybe those gays who are pushing for a change in marriage laws, should step in and put a stop to those type of parades which is hurting the gay cause.

Gays can't control other gays any more than Christians can control the Westboro folks, or than Muslims can control their terrorist extremists. Or any more than gun rights activists can control nuts who get guns and kill lots of people. Sure hurts the gun rights cause though, doesn't it.
edit on 21-4-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I would have walked right up to them and said something, nice and loud for everyone to hear.

But that's just me.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

What here DOESN'T have anything to do with gay marriage? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The way you portray it, everything.

It sounds like you cannot speak for yourself and need others to voice your concerns because you are afraid to put yourself in the firing line of possibly having your opinion thrown back in your face or worse.

If as you say the waiter, the owner or manager didn't want to say anything or were afraid why couldn't you speak what was on your mind and obviously on others.

What you have described here is like you seeing a person being mugged and simply turning your head and then later complaining how bad muggings are, its such weak form in my eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join