It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've Had Enough of This Gay Marriage Crap.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't like seeing my parents get overly close, and I love them. I just don't like to be reminded that they're sexual. The thought is "icky" for me because it doesn't work for me. I imagine that someday I'll feel the same way when watching my son with his girlfriend or future wife. Yes, they're getting it on, but I won't like thinking of my little boy that way.

This is actually a really good point. I imagine if the two ladies in the restaurant were incredibly stylish and attractive, the OP may not have minded. But if two hideous things were hogging out next to him, then that invades his personal space. Some people require more to feel offended - perhaps someone mounting a goat at the next table - and for some even just a kiss between two is enough to disgust.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: JIMC5499

Why dont you just mind your own business and let people be who they are?

When I'm paying for a $200 dinner, crap like that is my business. Now that I know what the restaurant's views are, they can do that all they want, because I won't be back.

What are you complaining about exactly? Inappropriate public sexual behavior? Or same-sex couples?

It's a little bit of both. Because they were a same sex couple, the restaurant felt they could not do anything about it because they felt if they did, the couple in question would claim discrimination due to their orientation and ruin the restaurant. Basically, the two in question were abusing their orientation and flaunting it. Sort of saying, "We're gay and you dare not treat us like you would any hetero couple who did this because you know we'd sue and ruin you for discrimination and homophobia."

The restaurant was unwilling to push the issue.

So, it's a combination of the two.

He's not complaining about same-sex couples because he doesn't want them being married, but because he sees them as abusing their "protected" status in this case to get away with inappropriate sexual behavior that most of us would not be able to engage in.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
How does your complaint fit the thread topic? I'm sure the majority of same-sex marriages aren't consummated over dinner. If it had been a heterosexual married couple having sex a table over would you run to ATS with a "I'm tired of all this marriage crap" thread? No, because that wouldn't have made sense. You're obviously trying to tie this couple's bad behavior and lack of respect for other diners in the restaurant with the fact that they're lesbians and I'd hazard a guess that you're uncomfortable with even marginal same-sex PDA.

This whole story stinks, because either you weren't too offended to be gawking long enough to see hands up skirts and bare breasts or things were so over the top that somebody from the restaurant would have approached them and asked them to leave... or you're exaggerating the whole incident.. or you took your date somewhere this kind of activity is not unusual.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The extreme gay agenda isn't about marriage at all. It is about shoving their lifestyle and sexuality into the faces of the public and making you feel more uncomfortable about confronting their obscene acts than having to witness the act.

How long will it be until they are having sex in public and no one will say or do anything about it?

From what the op describes it won't be long now.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Well said and a brilliant well written contribution to the thread. Exactly how I feel about this.

I to am gay and I must admit I do not like public shows of affection from anyone, gay, straight, necrophiliacs or anyone else. As ketsuko said, it feels "icky" even when you see your parents being touchy feely. My other half is not happy with my lack of affection in public, but he understands my point of view which is actually the same as Ketsuko.

That being said does not explain the title of this thread regarding gay marriage, as the OP has nothing to do with Gay Marriage. I'm always dubious when an OP starts "I've got nothing against Gays, but........"

edit on 20.4.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Frankly it sounds to me that your problem should be with the management of the restaurant. Two people were acting inappropriately and they didn't have the courage to deal with properly.

Restaurants and bars will always have customers that don't know how to act appropriately in public. It is up to the owners and managers to set the appropriate atmosphere for the clientele they want to attract.

Gay has nothing to do with it.

1) Two selfish jerks acting unacceptably in public.

2) Management unwilling to deal with the problem.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
I must admit I do not like public shows of affection from necrophiliacs

I`m with you on this. I`m sick and tired of seeking peace and quiet at a cemetery and then having necrophiliacs literally raise the dead there.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
The extreme gay agenda isn't about marriage at all. It is about shoving their lifestyle and sexuality into the faces of the public and making you feel more uncomfortable about confronting their obscene acts than having to witness the act.

How long will it be until they are having sex in public and no one will say or do anything about it?

From what the op describes it won't be long now.

What!

quite simply you are making homophobic statements that belong in the 1940's

Being gay is just as normal as being strait, get over it.

A guy sliding his hand up a woman's skirt on a passionate date is no different from two woman doing the same thing.

I have been on dates where the excitement of starting a little foreplay at the bar has led to a lot of excitement in the bedroom. Gay couples are just the same.

There is no "Gay Agenda" they just want what they deserve, the same rights as the rest of us
edit on 20-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I can understand how you felt. My wife and I were invited to a lesbian wedding. We both knew it would be interesting and a little out of our comfort zone, but we accepted the invitation with an open mind. Everything was fine until the bridal party started dancing. It was rather obscene to say the least. All these gay couples started groping each other on the dance floor!

Now I'm sure everyone has seen heterosexuals men and women occasionally groping their mates behinds, but this was "in your face type of groping." These women were groping each others breasts, behinds and running their hands down their thighs. Any heterosexual couple would have been asked to leave or to stop, but it continued like this all night! Eventually we had enough and left.

It's one thing to politically fight for same sex marriage, it's another thing to use that political platform to publicly flaunt your sexual urges.

I have relatives who live in Toronto, Canada who said they had a Gay parade last summer where the gays stripped off their clothes. If I had young children, the last thing I would want them to see is adults flaunting their naked bodies in public.

So Op, I totally agree with your thoughts on this. There's a time and place for intimacy for both gay and heterosexuals, and doing it in public is definitely not the place.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't like seeing any tongue-kisses between any two people, even in movies.
Eew ... germs, germs...
Maybe I'm just getting old.

Yet, I watch programs like "Sun, sex and suspicious parents" - imagine how the poor Greek people must feel when tons of British (and other European) teens descend on their islands.
(And there's a fair amount of girl-on-girl action in public.)
It's obviously also good for business to sell the alcohol, and they only try to geographically contain the behavior.

Nevertheless, is it fair to say that this behavior should somehow be illegal or a judicial offense?
Should it have any bearing on the civil rights of any group or nationality that these teens may belong to?

I also have the right to turn my head and look elsewhere, and ignore drunks and attention whores.

But, I'd still rather glimpse people having a good time and loving each other, rather than hate speeches, threats of hell and other alarming behavior by moralistic fascists.

One thing I do notice though is that anti-gay footage is always showing specific "US East-Coast", or very urban extremist behavior (as if that is the model for the entire world).
In fact, that's a kind of imperialism on global queer cultures in itself, and not all gays in all countries want to copy all that.
That's like me making a documentary on religion and only showing people being crucified on Easter, or boys whipping themselves bloody in Iran, "Jesus Camp" brainwashing or child-brides.
Not to equate different events by any means, but the use of imagery can be very powerful and make people notice certain things rather than others.

I would say that there's an open space for more conservative lgtb people to also inform (especially younger people) on the difference between fruitful protest and enjoying civil liberties without offending people who might otherwise be our friends.

edit on 20-4-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Leonidas

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: onequestion

Why dont you just mind your own business and let people be who they are?

When I'm paying for a $200 dinner, crap like that is my business. Now that I know what the restaurant's views are, they can do that all they want, because I won't be back.

What are you complaining about exactly? Inappropriate public sexual behavior? Or same-sex couples?

It's a little bit of both. Because they were a same sex couple, the restaurant felt they could not do anything about it because they felt if they did, the couple in question would claim discrimination due to their orientation and ruin the restaurant. Basically, the two in question were abusing their orientation and flaunting it. Sort of saying, "We're gay and you dare not treat us like you would any hetero couple who did this because you know we'd sue and ruin you for discrimination and homophobia."

The restaurant was unwilling to push the issue.

So, it's a combination of the two.

He's not complaining about same-sex couples because he doesn't want them being married, but because he sees them as abusing their "protected" status in this case to get away with inappropriate sexual behavior that most of us would not be able to engage in.

So basically this is another thread where conservatives are whining about being victimized by a minority group? There's dozens of these threads a week on here now. "abusing their 'protected' status?" are you serious? You think lgbt people have it so good these days? I doubt you'd want to have it as good and I know I wouldn't. There's no trend of gay people feeling empowered to flagrantly engage in sexual acts because of their 'protected status' whatever that even means used in this context.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If that were the case, shouldn't the title say something more along those lines rather than the gay marriage that it does mention? Seems that more of his concern is with the fact that the couple got away with this behavior because the restaurant didn't want to be drug into a "discrimination" lawsuit, not to mention the protestors that would be hanging around outside for who knows how long. This behavior has nothing to do with the gay marriage movement, and more to do with a couple probably trying to deliberately have something said to them so that they could try to lawyer up.

My honest opinion is that anyone should be able to choose whom they want to marry, regardless of lesbian, gay, straight. Church involvement should only be as far as what they are going to allow in their church, not standing up and saying that it should be outlawed. The government also should have no say whatsoever in the matter, because we live in a diverse world, and they can't control how someone is going to feel about someone else.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have no problems with gays, gay marriage etc. I have a gay aunt, she and her partner have been together forever it seems. And I love them both.

I was talking about the extreme gay agenda. Different animal altogether.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

What a silly response, we don't have a Gay Agenda, do you honestly believe 5% of the worlds population which equates to 350 million gay people all meet in secret on how to annoy our straight counterparts. What a silly silly suggestion. How about stop showing how bigoted you obviously are, and joining the rest of society in 2014.

Even if you do hold such strong views, no need to let everyone know about them. As it's quite clear on this thread is gay ATS members are opposed to what these two woman in the OP were doing as anyone would be, apart from some heterosexual guys who wanted pics

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

I must admit I do not like public shows of affection from necrophiliacs

I`m with you on this. I`m sick and tired of seeking peace and quiet at a cemetery and then having necrophiliacs literally raise the dead there.

Very funny

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to: flammadraco

See post above yours.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

What a silly response, we don't have a Gay Agenda, do you honestly believe 5% of the worlds population which equates to 350 million gay people all meet in secret on how to annoy our straight counterparts. What a silly silly suggestion. How about stop showing how bigoted you obviously are, and joining the rest of society in 2014.

Even if you do hold such strong views, no need to let everyone know about them. As it's quite clear on this thread is gay ATS members are opposed to what these two woman in the OP were doing as anyone would be, apart from some heterosexual guys who wanted pics

Just admit it! At the gay meetings all you gays are plotting to abuse your protected status to force your extreme gay agenda down unsuspecting diners throats between the appetizers and the entrees! Is no meal safe?!

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to: flammadraco

See post above yours.

The one where you repeated the phrase "Gay Agenda".

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Just admit it! At the gay meetings all you gays are plotting to abuse your protected status to force your extreme gay agenda down unsuspecting diners throats between the appetizers and the entrees! Is no meal safe?!

Actually it's more like a WI meeting. We swap Jam recipes

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have no problems with gays, gay marriage etc. I have a gay aunt, she and her partner have been together forever it seems. And I love them both.

I was talking about the extreme gay agenda. Different animal altogether.

There is no "extreme gay agenda".

This really annoys me.

You are quite obviously homophobic, but just don't want to have to put up with the rightful negative stigma that goes with the label. so you attempt to excuse your homophobia by inventing this "extreme gay agenda" to somehow legitimise and excuse your homophobia. So now you are not homophobic but rather just speaking out against a fictional agenda.

It does not change the fact that your views are homophobic regardless of how many gay relatives you might have.

edit on 20-4-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join