It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Guide for Finding a Woman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
"Experience taught him that every woman was beautiful and able to bring joy, that a mousy creature whom men ignored was capable of extraordinary fire and devotion, that the witted had a more maternal, mourningly sweet tenderness, that each woman had her secrets and her charms, and to unlock these made him happy. In that respect, all women were alike."

-Herman Hesse

This quote from Narcissus and Goldmund burrowed it's way into my philosophy many years ago. To win a woman's heart is one of the greatest joys in life IMO.

I meet men all the time who pretend to only date super model-level women and will actually insult women (behind their back) that do not meet their criteria. Yesterday I met a young businessman who is a co-worker of my one of my good friends. The subject of women came up (inevitable) and he was telling me how he thought that the women at his job were unattractive. My good friend was shocked and disagreed wholeheartedly.

Of course my next questions to this young man was, "Are you married?" ......No...... "Do you have a girlfriend?"......No...... "I'm not surprised."

I have conversations like this all the time. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but what about the things that the eye can't see? I personally can find something beautiful about a woman at least 90% of the time. Not to say I want to be with all those women. It's just I can see that each one has something special about her that makes her unique and awesome!

NOW WHAT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR

To the single men out there, quit waiting for Snow White or whoever and appreciate those in front of you. You just might have a diamond closer than you ever imagined.

To those men with main squeezes, remind her why you fell for her in the first place with your words and actions.

What are your thoughts on the matter?
Am I the insane one?
Are most women unattractive?
Are men's standards too unrealistic?
Will I keep asking questions?

Have a good one

edit on 4/20/2014 by intelligenthoodlum33 because: error

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Thank you... I'm a woman and weirdly feel flattered.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Thank you... I'm a woman and weirdly feel flattered.

That makes 2 of us

I have to admit, I'm impressed
Wasn't what I was expecting to read---figured it would be more of a bashing women thread

Thanks from all of us women!!

Wish more guys thought like you.....

**Sorry your first 2 responses are from females....waiting on the males to respond. LOL**

edit on 20-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Thank you for the kind words. Means a lot.
Cheers

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intelligenthoodlum33

OK I know I'll regret this...

To the single men out there, quit waiting for Snow White or whoever

I'm hiding not waiting. Been there, done that. Going to take the next 20 years and go fishing.

From my perspective it seems (generally) that women come in four types.1) Those really-really wanting a relationship, 2) those who are indifferent to everything, 3) the really angry ones and 4) just normal nice people. Hey don't shoot the messenger.

But beauty, most women are beautiful in one way or another. Beauty is where you find it and it rarely looks like a magazine cover.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

You have nothing to regret, brother. Our experiences shape us.

Enjoy your fishing

edit on 4/20/2014 by intelligenthoodlum33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

But beauty, most women are beautiful in one way or another. Beauty is where you find it and it rarely looks like a magazine cover.

Slick, real slick....

Nice ending to what could have been a not-so-nice comment. LOL
Very well played!!

Oh yeah, you're a clever one

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

It's that silvery tongue that gets me into trouble with the opposite sex , why do you think I'm going fishing for a while?

Really though, I did not mean for my initial comment to be mean or anything. Simply observations I've accrued over many years. I'm sure you could reverse the statement and put your observations about men out there just as easily.

I'd probably fall in the slightly cranky, never wants to go anywhere crowded category.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

OK I know I'll regret this...

To the single men out there, quit waiting for Snow White or whoever

I'm hiding not waiting. Been there, done that. Going to take the next 20 years and go fishing.

From my perspective it seems (generally) that women come in four types.1) Those really-really wanting a relationship, 2) those who are indifferent to everything, 3) the really angry ones and 4) just normal nice people. Hey don't shoot the messenger.

yep .. with 13 ex-wives you summed it up quite well in regard to women .. you forgot the ones looking for a walking atm ..

On topic in regard to the op .. also true .. just a shame that most women dont realise their true beauty comes from within .. not without

And now off for some fishing before the lynch mob shows up ..

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Really though, I did not mean for my initial comment to be mean or anything. Simply observations I've accrued over many years. I'm sure you could reverse the statement and put your observations about men out there just as easily.

I'd probably fall in the slightly cranky, never wants to go anywhere crowded category.

Nah, I wasn't offended in the slightest
You were right on target actually

Cranky is acceptable, especially if you've been around for a while
Your quick wit makes up for it tho. LOL

Anyhow, good luck fishing!!

edit on 20-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Its a tough one. For any successful relationship, their needs to be physical attraction IMO. A girl can have the greatest personality in the world, but if I don't fancy them in the physical sense, then there's not going to be a sexual relationship, which is pretty important for a successful relationship to flourish.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
If you want to find a Good woman..it's pretty simple, be a good man.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I find that if I love a woman because of her personality, physical "imperfections" just add character. On the opposite side, I have had a few real beauties hit on me, but after ten minutes of conversation and finding them to be a stupid b#tch, I wanted nothing to do with them. I am currently seeing a girl who has burn scars over a large portion of her body. She is very self conscious about it and asked me if it was a turn off. I told her I don't think a horse is ugly just because it has spots.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

My prob is not with finding a woman.
It more like
How to I keep the peace with the three ladies I already live with when their forced to share a single bathroom!

Now that is a great mystery of life bud.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Sounds like it would be time to invest in an extra bathroom

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I find that if I love a woman because of her personality, physical "imperfections" just add character. On the opposite side, I have had a few real beauties hit on me, but after ten minutes of conversation and finding them to be a stupid b#tch, I wanted nothing to do with them. I am currently seeing a girl who has burn scars over a large portion of her body. She is very self conscious about it and asked me if it was a turn off. I told her I don't think a horse is ugly just because it has spots.

I too find beauty in so-called imperfections. They make us more human, I think. Besides, who the hell wants to be perfect?

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Not gonna happen this year, not unless I win the powerball.

beside I can blame the wife and our daughters, they picked out the new house so how can it be my fault?

Oh trust me, no matter what, it'll always be my fault.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I am currently seeing a girl who has burn scars over a large portion of her body. She is very self conscious about it and asked me if it was a turn off. I told her I don't think a horse is ugly just because it has spots.

I hope, for your sake, she likes horses.

I would've told her that just because a star has a few clouds passing over it, that doesn't make it any less of a star.

Attraction is mutual. If you're attracted to a woman you should be able to tell if the attraction is also there on her end.

Every man has their own preference so there is no "ultimate guide". If it comes natural, go with it.

youtu.be...
edit on 20-4-2014 by Taupin Desciple because: Clarity

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Most women are attractive, physically attractive, in one way or another. It's set up that way. With birds, it's the opposite. The male is attractive, with bright colors of plumage, where the female is drab, also on purpose, so she can hide in the bushes camouflaged with her young.

Attractive females have their pick of mates, and they choose wisely. They choose physically attractive men, who are bigger and stronger than average, and/or wealthy men because these types of men can provide protection. That's why someone like Henry Kissinger, by no account ever an "attractive" male, can get attractive women. He is (or was) very powerful politically, thus providing, if nothing else, an entry to the corridors of power. Attractive women can move up the social ladder.

Unattractive females, on the other hand, are left with the leftovers, unattractive men who are, by and large, not particularly powerful nor wealthy. There are exceptions, of course, but pointing one out does not change the norm. It's the selfish gene at work. People of both sexes have different strategies, but both are based on perpetuating the genes.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I totally agree with you. I didn't always think this way. It wasn't until I got older that I learned to really appreciate woman and their differences. When I started drawing and really looking closely at woman I was drawing I noticed that every woman has a part of her, something that is unique and beautiful. When you meet one with a good heart, it can be very attractive in it's own right. To me there is nothing more attractive in a woman than a kind heart and maybe a little shy. I hope I can find one someday that I can develop a deep relationship and share life with. These are the kind of woman that you stay with for life. When I was taking classes at the University here I found that many of the younger woman there were very pretty , but greedy and materialistic. It didn't matter how beautiful physically they were after you saw that in them, they lost there beauty in my eyes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join