It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Guide for Finding a Woman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intelligenthoodlum33

You're not crazy - Back in my "younger" days, I'd be a typical guy; most of my crushes were the ones in the school that were the most attractive. Well, in my later school days, I found that many of those attractive ones did not appear to have the traits I was really after.

Now, at least for me mentally attractive has the majority of the weight in what I look for - I look for someone that may not be a model, but has enough character & personality that works better for me. It is true - there should be at least some physical attraction, but compatibility shouldn't rely solely on it.

And, just for the record, I have yet to come across a girl that meets the definition of "ugly"; there's always something about them that shines above all other traits - Might be how her eyes seem to sparkle, how she pronounces a certain word, or just her smile.

-fossilera

EDIT: Both genders can have unrealistic standards - You won't believe how many girls I've run into wanting to find a "rich, athletic guy that loves to party", and how many guys I know that look for a girl with "all the right...parts, loves to drink, and enjoys chilling out". I'd love to tell them to keep dreaming, but who am I to spoil their fun?
(PS: most of the people I'm referring to are in their 20's, my age. Can't wait to see when reality kicks in).

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

I must say, for someone so young, you have a pretty good head on your shoulders.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intelligenthoodlum33

Looks are important
As someone has already posted you need to be physically attracted to your partner
But looks are not the only thing that make someone attractive.

Yes we should remind ourselves and our other halves what it is which love about them

I try to make my sexy hippy chick laugh out loud every day
12 years and i haven't failed yet.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Attractive females have their pick of mates, and they choose wisely. They choose physically attractive men, who are bigger and stronger than average, and/or wealthy men because these types of men can provide protection. That's why someone like Henry Kissinger, by no account ever an "attractive" male, can get attractive women. He is (or was) very powerful politically, thus providing, if nothing else, an entry to the corridors of power. Attractive women can move up the social ladder.

LOL!!... I suppose that accounts for 77 year old Silvio Berlusconi's success with

very young girls ......
LOL

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's a good thing that looks aren't as important with my wife and I. She lost a lot of weight....and I FOUND it....

Seriously though, she's a good looking woman, and I was a decent looking guy...I just need to lose my newly acquired gut.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I like where you were going with this thread, but what I want to know is, why did you stop at the easy part? Finding a woman is very easy. The tricky bit is finding one who is not secretly a ball severing she demon.

In all seriousness though, the tricky bit comes waaaaaay after one forms an attraction (whether physical, mental, spiritual, or ideally all the above). The tricky part, is dealing with the surprises. There are always some, and they are never the same, and you never see them coming, hence the name.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intelligenthoodlum33

I must say, for someone so young, you have a pretty good head on your shoulders.

Well thank you! It took a lot of observation to get me there though - and it took me a couple years to get to that point (Senior year was kind of like my defining moment, where I broke a lot of my old thought patterns).

Only downside to being slightly ahead of some of my peers mentally is that it makes finding potential dates more of a burden, as most of girls are still into the "wild college nights" phase.

And, although it's harder for me to find them - the real task is making sure you can survive with your partner after. Dating is easy, as long as you know what you're after.

-fossilera

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Okay, let me see if I've got this.

The "Ultimate Guide" for getting a woman is...lower your sights.

So that's where I've been going wrong all my life.

So the big fat 20 stone Nigerian woman at work who keeps staring at me with big moon eyes and inviting me to various social functions...I should just get all romantic with her, have lots of mixed-race kids and sail off into the sunset?

Man, you are a GENIUS!!!

Oh by the way, am I to assume that women are not supposed to follow this sage advise themselves?

Yup, how did I guess?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You should try dating older women. They are usually pass that immature age and they also have more to talk about.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

You sound like a great person (sarcasm), but I don't think that woman would give you moon eyes if she really knew you. Good luck!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The trick is to purify yourself, so the Golden one would appear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join