It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JACQUES VALLEE : Glider Pilot spotted a 'Thing' flying over English Countryside

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Anyone can elaborate on this jacques vallee statement ? i find this might be closer to home (aka human made flying observation ballon type)

Anyone else got more info on similar case like this ?

Many years ago I gave a lecture on UFO research at Oxford University. One of the people attending, a physics faculty member, told me of an interesting personal experience. His hobby was to fly gliders over the English countryside. On one occasion, on a bright afternoon, he was astonished to see his plane reflected in a surface that appeared to be motionless in the atmosphere. He actually flew around the object and determined it was a perfectly reflecting cylinder. It is obvious that such a device would have "low-observable" characteristics - a visual stealth platform.

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Sounds super high-tech military to me. I've heard about these cylinders for quite awhile now and it is clearly advanced technology. Because of so many reports I have no doubt they exist but the manufactures I have no clue.

Until we can properly understand just how deep and how long back black projects go we can never really understand what our own militaries are capable of. If it wasn't them, I'd still be more inclined to believe they still hail from Earth just maybe a little more internal.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

The story that I see at the link is about crop circles.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That's the right one. The paragraph cited is way down on the page. To be honest, I didn't read through it thoroughly enough to see how it ties in to the crop circle topic. It didn't seem to from what I read, but maybe he was saying that the cylinder could have left a circular impression, who knows?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer
Okay, thank you.
I zipped by it the first time. I went back and read it again.
Left with the feeling that I get when I am anticipating an entree and get an appetizer instead.

I will have to search for more on the story.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Perhaps black budget, but that is an easy dismissal because it is assumed a "stealthy." If you think about it, a mirror finish may be great for hiding the object visually, but that does not mean it cannot be radar detected or heat-sensing detected. We have no idea of how the thing maintained itself in the air. Perhaps it was nothing more than a mylar balloon. They have not been common for that many years. We don't know when the sighting took place. And don't forget, Vallee has been around reporting on UFOs forever.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I know just what you mean about that butcherguy. I still never read the whole thing though, was that part in there because of the possibility that it could have caused a crop circle?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Double post.
Because I double clicked.
edit on b000000302014-04-18T10:46:19-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 18 Apr 2014 10:46:19 -05001000000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

I know just what you mean about that butcherguy. I still never read the whole thing though, was that part in there because of the possibility that it could have caused a crop circle?

Yes, he added that as evidence that a low visibility 'stealth' platform may exist and that it could be used to make crop circles.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
He seems to be saying that aircraft, not merely invisible to radar but actually invisible, are flying through the skies of England as some kind of black operation whose purpose is to down/incapacitate/render harmless a hostile missile attack.

Occasionally they send out beams to test accuracy.

Hey presto, lovely crop circles.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well, certainly anyone constructing something like that would have to know quite a bit about how human beings see things in the sky, how the Earth's atmosphere reacts to things, and have a reason to want to keep the craft relatively invisible. That would tend to push the possible explanation more toward the human side of things, rather than the "alien" side.

Of course it's hard to imagine what aliens might be thinking.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I guess the sun might reflect off of it and make it very visible from certain angles? I don't know but interesting nonetheless.

new topics

top topics

join