It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 missing (Part 2)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I want to know what happened to that simulator pilot that spent many weeks flying around with the CNN guy. Was he killed? Did he gain knowledge that this is just a CNN production and nothing more? That's a classic case of what happens to useful idiots. After they've served their purpose they're disposed of pronto. I just noticed the CNN guy is pretending he's in a submersible now. I know it's fake because while he was jabbering on and on there was a huge echo. When the other schmuck started speaking there was no echo! This is like Anderson Cooper and his green screen. Fake!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

On the other thread I posted the story of how here was fired for dress code. He was deemed setting a poor example of Canadians.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21
Why would a garbled transmission from a ground based station be the start of all their troubles?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

Because it could have been garbled because they had oxygen masks on, or they had lost their long range comms and were using a shorter ranged radio at the edge of its range. The garbled radio call wasn't from a ground station, it was from another flight to MH370. The reply from 370 was what was garbled.
edit on 4/17/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

On the other thread I posted the story of how here was fired for dress code. He was deemed setting a poor example of Canadians.

Dress code violation? He looked fine to me. Was he supposed to dress like an airline pilot? He must have spilled some beans and is being punished. I didn't recognize any Canadian accent either. That's what happens if you enter into a deal with CNN. You lose your job. Everyone stay away from CNN! It's just like working with the government. They are the government!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

CNN had nothing to do with it. They didn't hire him. The company that he worked for didn't like the way he dressed to do his interviews so they fired him.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Just a guess but In Canada, jeans and a plaid shirt is OK dress for a lumberjack but not some guy who can barely be seen on TV sitting a simulator.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Taking one random message as an example,I read this as being from ATC......

12:32:26 ATC MAS37..... (garbled) ... standard route. Hold short Bravo

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

Apparently this was the flight ahead of them trying to reach them, and all they got in return was a garbled message that they couldn't understand.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Posted on Page 389 of original thread by Roadgravel. Link to source missing.

Dress code, ya, that's it. Must be time to wind down the MH370 coverage.

A Canadian flight simulator business fired an instructor who figured prominently in CNN's coverage of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, saying he showed up late to his regular job and "shamed Canadians" by dressing like a teenager.

uFly company owner Claudio Teixeira said he fired Mitchell Casado on Wednesday in part for refusing to dress professionally and making Canadians "look very bad all over the world."

Casado's relaxed style of jeans and plaid shirts attracted wide attention during CNN's constant coverage of the search for the missing flight.

edit on Thu, 17 Apr 2014 21:22:09 -050020142014-04-17T21:22:09-05:00kfThursday22America/ChicagoThu, 17 Apr 2014 21:22:09 -0500 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
"shamed Canadians" that's ludicrous... Chad Kroger, Justin Bieber now that is Canadian shame.

I hope Mitchell Cassado find's and even better job. One wear he isn't locked in a flight simulator 23 out of the 24 hours a day. Dude probably didn't even have time to do laundry.

edit on 18-4-2014 by OatDelphi because: spelling/grammar

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Two things i don't understand ..and forgive me if it's been asked....why (on a commercial aircraft) is the transponder able to be switched off by a member of the flight crew?...it's a vital safety component so why on earth wouldn't it be locked away and accessable only to maintenance personel. This is not the first time a pilot or co-pilot has switched a transponder off ...why is it still accessable?
Secondly...i wondered after the AirFrance crash..couldn't black boxes be designed to float..perhaps in their own auto-inflated liferaft?...the signal given off would be detected quickly (hence no issue with battery life) and even if they drifted thousands of miles they would have recorded the co-ordinates of the crash ..why should the black boxes be sitting 4 1/2 kilometres down? maybe i'm missing something but seems simple to me.
edit on 18-4-2014 by arbie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: arbie

....why (on a commercial aircraft) is the transponder able to be switched off by a member of the flight crew?...it's a vital safety component so why on earth wouldn't it be locked away and accessable only to maintenance personel. This is not the first time a pilot or co-pilot has switched a transponder off ...why is it still accessable?

Because every piece of electronic equipment attached to the aircraft power system must be able to be isolated and disabled via switch/circuit breaker. Irregardless of the importance of the equipment, anything , if malfunctioning, can cause other systems to malfunction if they short circuit and must have a method for the flight crew to take them off the aircraft power bus.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
reply to post by Zaphod58

Where is the black box situated on a plane? And will the ROV have adequate tools to get it and bring it back? On accident such as these do they leave the corpses in the ocean or it is possible to have them sent back to their families? Anyone knows the rate of putrefaction of a human body in the ocean? Must be quick with al these shrimps and crabs down there.

I think the flight data recorder or black box is located in the tail. The other one, the cockpit voice recorder I don't know.

To retrieve wreckage they would need different equipment.
It wouldn't surprise me if all they do is just show photos of the wreckage and say sorry we can't get back down there to get it. It's buried in silt.

Can't really trust what's being reported.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I was wondering what these little boxes are on google earth now. Looks to be the search area. Are they blacked out or there for some other reason?

edit on 18-4-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I am still catching up this new thread but before I go, I want to post this stuff.
This post mentions the CHINESE identifying the seismic event quoted from a university in the south of China I believe.

I also seem to remember that pprune.org mentioned that it is possible to to fly with only 1 of the 3 generators working. As long as 1 is working, then the flight is not held up (I think thats what they said) by the pre-flight check.

I believe I read somewhere that RR still gets the data from the engines, but the client does not get to see it. RR use the data for analysis of their engines.

sy.gunson -

The aircraft believed to have been tracked in this image was EMR343.
BUT each transmission has a hex code in it which identifies the aircraft uniquely. There should be no doubt about the aircrafts identity.

...Bearing in mind that a Boeing 777's maximum permitted speed below 10,000ft is 250 knots and maximum possible speed is 280knots with about ten times the fuel consumption at 35,000ft.
If it flew across the Indian Ocean at low altitude it would not make it half way to Sri Lanka.
As I have pointed out previously, it was often the practice to carry enough fuel for the return journey to/from China as the price of fuel is more expensive there. With MAS being in financial difficulty, it is more likely that the aircraft was carrying the extra fuel to save money. The Malaysian authorities would not want to offend China by admitting this publicly. This extra fuel may be one of the things which MAS are keeping out of the press.

By imagewerx

Passage of an audio signal through water can only suffer from attenuation.Frequency shift only occurs if either the transmitter or receiver (or both) are moving relative to each other,this is known as Doppler shift.

I think a guy on pprune.org said that the pingers could drop to 33Khz if the battery was getting low, but I do agree that it seems strange that you have a single frequency set as a distress frequency (in this case) and it can vary by so much. That would not make sense and it gets caught up in the frequencies emitted by military naval equipment.
edit on 18 Apr 2014 by qmantoo because: freq shift

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier

Posted on Page 389 of original thread by Roadgravel. Link to source missing.

Dress code, ya, that's it. Must be time to wind down the MH370 coverage.

A Canadian flight simulator business fired an instructor who figured prominently in CNN's coverage of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, saying he showed up late to his regular job and "shamed Canadians" by dressing like a teenager.

uFly company owner Claudio Teixeira said he fired Mitchell Casado on Wednesday in part for refusing to dress professionally and making Canadians "look very bad all over the world."

Casado's relaxed style of jeans and plaid shirts attracted wide attention during CNN's constant coverage of the search for the missing flight.

It's on 391 with a link to source - dress code - simulator - fired

This is the Link to post

This is the link to source
edit on 4/18/2014 by roadgravel because: Here is a quoted reply that is bad

edit on 4/18/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

If i recall correctly it was mentioned that MH370 was carrying about 50 tons of fuel.
It burns about 6.9 tons of fuel per hour which means it was capable to fly at least for 7 hours and about 20 minutes.
That is consistent with the time it has been flying untill fuel starvation.

There were only two sets of engine data transmitted to RR, the first at take of, the second after the climb and reaching cruising altitude at 17:07.
It is believed that ACARS stopped working after that, so no data was transmitted anymore.

This aircraft did not descend to a very low altitude, it has been flying at an altitude of 35000 feet and according to a militairy officer at 23000 feet while it was heading towards VAMPI.
It must have been flying with a speed of at least 466 knots to reach the first ping line at 18:29, so it cant have been flying at a low altitude.
When an aircraft is heading south, the speed drops to about 460 knots at cruising altitude, lower altitudes means less speed.
But we have the last ping at 00:11, 7 and a half hour after take off, so it must have been at a high altitude at normal speed.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: arbie
Two things i don't understand ..and forgive me if it's been asked....why (on a commercial aircraft) is the transponder able to be switched off by a member of the flight crew?...it's a vital safety component so why on earth wouldn't it be locked away and accessable only to maintenance personel. This is not the first time a pilot or co-pilot has switched a transponder off ...why is it still accessable?
Secondly...i wondered after the AirFrance crash..couldn't black boxes be designed to float..perhaps in their own auto-inflated liferaft?...the signal given off would be detected quickly (hence no issue with battery life) and even if they drifted thousands of miles they would have recorded the co-ordinates of the crash ..why should the black boxes be sitting 4 1/2 kilometres down? maybe i'm missing something but seems simple to me.

First...Because pilots talk BS all the time, remember the girls in the cockpit, I am sure that was all erased.

Second good idea.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: minusinfinity

Zaphod58
reply to post by minusinfinity

There are other things it could be, but the location matching up to the Inmarsat flight paths, plus the frequency being within range of the recorders, there being two pings right next to each other, and them ending within the right time frame to be the recorders all mean that there's a very good chance they are on top of the wreckage.

Okay.

If they are close then why has nothing been seen?

Not any sign of wreckage nothing in the ocean other than a few pings but no physical evidence.

I know they're searching a big area but they are using multiple airplanes and ships but nothing has been found?!?

Sounds odd.

You know what gets tiresome around here and ought to be banned? The blanket "Something doesn't seem right" and "Sounds odd" and "Somethign doesn't add up" statements. Back it up with something or your just fapping, dude. It's a big Ocean and the plane is more likely than not under over 3 miles of water. Maybe you don't quite grasp either A-the size of the search area here or B-the difficulties of operating at around 15,000 feet underwater. Yeesh...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join