It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Jet Provokes U.S. Military Naval Ship

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Cold war and nukes - and today the anniversary of

The Bay of Pigs Invasion was a failed military invasion of Cuba undertaken by the CIA-sponsored paramilitary group Brigade 2506 on 17 April 1961

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

So what?? What's your point. Are you Cuban? Then you could be pissed off due to the U.S. crapping out. Seems to be a trend....

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Right, Which was broken when Obama reneged on the ABM system that would have afforded "protection" for the Ukrainians. Agreement broken.

So EU hasn't the balls, having relied on the U.S. for so many decades. NATO same thing. No one to step up to the plate.

Partisans will have to convince Putin the error of his ways. It doesn't matter if he takes the whole nation or just the east. Just more freedom fighter/terrorist action against Mother Russia...it will last decades...with a little "token help" from the West of course....

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by roadgravel

So what?? What's your point. Are you Cuban? Then you could be pissed off due to the U.S. crapping out. Seems to be a trend....

Don't be an jerk. Just mentioned there was talk of the cold war and today happened to be the anniversary.

Sorry you are upset about the Ukraine and pissed off.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Initial Agreement Reached on Crisis In Ukraine. Hopefully, things will be simmering down some.

Story link found here: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Seems like your the one pissed off. An irrelevant, "just mentioned"? sure ,sure.

Jerk is far preferable to snide, little digs. Very feminine of you, if you don't mind me saying.....

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Seems like your the one pissed off. An irrelevant, "just mentioned"? sure ,sure.

Jerk is far preferable to snide, little digs. Very feminine of you, if you don't mind me saying.....

What was this by you:

"So what?? What's your point. Are you Cuban? Then you could be pissed off due to the U.S. crapping out. Seems to be a trend...."

You are blaming your hurt on me. I could care less about your Ukraine problems now. Go back and help there. What is with people on this site.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

No mountain out of a mole hill.
To be buzzed like that is an act of aggressiveness.
And just not a good idea because the potential is there for being fired upon.

That was a bad move by the Russians.

It was a Russian plane, but was a Russian flying said plane? ...the world may never know!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

What hurt?? Irritation at the one-sided idiocy, yes.

Your comment re the Cuban invasion and it's wording gives the intent away.

First, it's wrong. It was not a "CIA backed" action. It was presidentially ordered, it was contributed by all the branches of the armed forces and the relevant intelligence agencies...that includes the CIA.

As I have said in other posts, I couldn't care less about either country. I do care about the U.S. and viable peace.

With the continued occupation of Georgia, Crimea and now eastern Ukraine, it is clear that Putin is re-expanding his turf.

This is unacceptable. All the justifications are nothing but excuses. By him and all the apologists.

Frankly, there's nothing that can be done about it...short of war...for now....

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

What hurt?? Irritation at the one-sided idiocy, yes.

Your comment re the Cuban invasion and it's wording gives the intent away.

First, it's wrong. It was not a "CIA backed" action. It was presidentially ordered, it was contributed by all the branches of the armed forces and the relevant intelligence agencies...that includes the CIA.

As I have said in other posts, I couldn't care less about either country. I do care about the U.S. and viable peace.

With the continued occupation of Georgia, Crimea and now eastern Ukraine, it is clear that Putin is re-expanding his turf.

This is unacceptable. All the justifications are nothing but excuses. By him and all the apologists.

Frankly, there's nothing that can be done about it...short of war...for now....

It seems that somebody was attempting to distract and drift off topic with the whole Cuba non-sense.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
apparently this is all about the jet shutting down - jammed - the aegis system

A Russian front bomber Su-24, which is equipped with the latest complex for radio-electronic suppression has laid in the Black Sea, the modern American combat management system "Aegis" lame on the destroyer "Donald Cook".
This version, which will be discussed intensively in Russia's mass media, as well as Blogern, also shares Pavel Zolotarev, deputy director of the Institute of USA and Canada, the Russian Academy of Sciences:
"On 10 April, the destroyer Donald Cook ', with cruise missiles, Tomahawk' reached on board, the neutral waters of the Black Sea. The aim was to perform a bullying action and show of force in the context of Russia's position in relation to the Ukraine and the Crimea. The emergence of American warships in these waters is contrary to the Convention on the character and the time period of the stay of warships of non-riparian countries in the Black Sea. "

© RIA Novosti.
Su-24M
In response, Russia sent an unarmed aircraft Su-24 for circumnavigation of the American destroyer. This aircraft was, however, as experts believe, have been equipped with the latest Russian radio-electronic combat complex. According to this version has "Aegis" already tracked the approach of the machine from a distance, it was triggered combat alert. Everything had gone according to plan, the American radars were reading from the course of the approach to the finish. But suddenly extinguished all screens. "Aegis" did not work, the missiles could not obtain an assignment target. The Su-24 but flew over the deck of the destroyer, took place a martial curve and imitated a rocket attack against the target. Following this, the machine turned and repeated the maneuver, namely twelve times.
de.ria.ru...
via google translate
edit on Tuepm4b20144America/Chicago48 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

There isn't a plane out there that can jam the Aegis yet, not at the ranges this was at. They can focus the beam enough that it'll fry electronics if they hit it right.
edit on 4/22/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
i thought the russians used tubes
eta
maybe this is a new thing

edit on Tuepm4b20144America/Chicago22 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It probably wouldn't fit on something as small as an Su-24. An Aegis radar can be focused down to a beam that fires off around a million Watts of power. That will burn through any jamming system I've ever seen, just by sheer power alone.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
I don't doubt your expertise
its not my field
but here is another link

Russia 's reaction so calm , but deadly : Day 12/4 , Russia dispatched to international waters which an unarmed Su- 24 , BUT brought under the wing Khibiny system . Next, the situation will happen in the following scenario : The U.S. military on aquatic USS Donald Cook discovered far from the Su - 24 is approaching , alarm and grave battle to dominate combat positions . It all happened so basically , the radar approach for calculating target , Aegis delicious controls the navigation system . Then suddenly - went out ! All off naughty . Aegis does not work , the screen dark , even the Phalanx gun system can not receive information indicating the target !
www.bubblews.com...

what if, jammed it can't target?
no focus then

another link
indian.ruvr.ru...

again not my field, but surprises sometimes do happen

edit on Tuepm4b20144America/Chicago34 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

That is something being put forth as a hypothetical, and is far from accurate. The closer your jammer gets to the transmitter, the more power the transmitter can bring to bear, and the harder it is to jam. In the case of Aegis, they can go wide area, using less power but getting a bigger picture, or if they see something, like a jammer, they can focus the beam down to an extremely powerful signal.

At longer ranges an Aegis can be jammed, due to the power that would be sent out and returned. A focused beam, or even a wide beam, at very close range will burn through the jamming signal. You would need a huge jammer to block the signal at the reach out and touch ranges they were at.

That sounds like someone that has no idea what they're talking about, trying to come up with a reason why nothing happened.

An Arleigh Burke has a crew of roughly 275, but "all 27" resigned after the incident? This article is BS.
edit on 4/22/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
im curious what kind of equipment can cause the whole ships's system to turned itself off ? it is like science fiction plot where a single enemy fighter suddenly flashed some beam and every computer shutdown , like that horrible battlestar galactica remake..

if the russians have this equipment, wont they keep it secret instead of revealing it to the world , just for intimidation mission ?

and the story even continue to describe the resignation of many donald cook's crew because they got scared.. can you resign halfway thru a cruise in US navy ?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: buntalanlucu

The story of it being turned off is utter BS. There isn't a shred of proof but websites that are less than credible.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Eh this kind of thing happened all the time when I was a kid in the 80's, between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. From what I remember off the top of my head, it was more or less described to me as military pilots just show boating for one another, in a tongue in cheek kinda way, even though their respective governments were in a "cold war." sounds like more of the same to me. If I am not mistaken back in those days we use to breech airspace against one another on the regular, just kinda pop in and pop out again real quick to kinda say, "neah neah look at what we did" Kinda childish I suppose.
Apparently Subs used to do the same thing.

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join