It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro Russian Forces bears “all the tell-tale signs” of Russian involvement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It looks as if the same plan initiated in Crimea is now being play out yet again in the East of Ukraine where Russia constantly warns Kiev not to use force against these people

The U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. on Sunday said the current seizure of government buildings in eastern Ukraine by “pro-Russian forces” bears “all the tell-tale signs” of Russian involvement. Ambassador Samantha Power was appearing on ABC’s This Week when she made her comments. Currently, Ukrainian security forces are moving to reclaim several government buildings in the east of the country that are currently being held by what media reports describe as “Pro-Russian forces.” So far, these armed gunmen, wearing masks and not bearing any national insignia on their uniforms, have taken over the police station and other such buildings in cities such as Slovyansk and Donetsk. The latter city last week declared itself an independent republic and called for a referendum for more autonomy before potentially joining the Russian Federation, much like Crimea did last month.

thinkprogress.org...

Again... Do not use force against these people, these Russian people lol
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It actually looked pretty disorganized...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Looks like Russia has taken a page out of the CIA destabilization manual...and started their own" Russian Spring" in eastern Europe.....
Just as Russian influence was impotent to counter US agitation in the M east.....The US and Allies are definitely playing at a disadvantage in the Baltic states......
This is going to be an ad nausem scenario till the west comes up with some backbone or a neat counter strategy.....Aint blowback a beyatch..........?
Russia is playing an ever stronger hand with the shilly shallying POTUS who seems to have no teeth,.....

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well if you allow corporate fascist bullies (western politicians bought by Rothschild money) to get their way and change governments then why not let Russia do the same. Hypocritical to not see the ego demonic ones in the western society while complaining about Russia being and doing the same.

Karma is a bitch and we all in the end get what we deserve in the end so make sure the fruits are good from your tree.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Everything else aside, where does Russia get off telling another Nation to not act against armed people storming Government buildings and Police stations?

Surely that is a fundamental right (and obligation) of the State? They wouldn't dare tell the UK to not storm a building taken over by armed men, or the US, or France, or China and likewise would heavily rebuke any nation telling them the same. After all, they are more than happy to pretty much kill everyone in such situations - look at Beslan School and the Theatre sieges....

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer

That's the difference between Russian troops in Crimea and a handful of Pro Russia Ukrainians lead by Spetznaz, it's a crash course if you like

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Its just that the country Russia happens to be telling that to is also a country now controlled by a close knit cartel of neo fascists, so I think Russia is quite right to explain things to people just in case they are liable to do anything stupid. Its a form of diplomacy that seems to be working very well. Best just let things run its course, or bad things will happen.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

stirling
The US and Allies are definitely playing at a disadvantage in the Baltic states......

I would not say US has disadvantage in the Baltic states. Baltic states are generally very pro-Europe and supportive of US due to the history between them and Russia. Russia is seen as the historical enemy, while US and EU are seen as allies. The Ukraine situation has gotten lots of attention round here and the general consensus would want NATO to bring more troops here, just in case. The history with Russia is too painful for these nations and they do not want history to repeat itself. Due to being aware how things are in this part of former Soviet, I have serious doubts about the Crimean situation. I can not imagine, how can a previous part of Soviet Union want back under Russia. Even though they speak russian, still even for Ukraine the history is not positive, when it comes to Russia (Holomodor for example)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

LittleByLittle
Well if you allow corporate fascist bullies (western politicians bought by Rothschild money) to get their way and change governments then why not let Russia do the same. Hypocritical to not see the ego demonic ones in the western society while complaining about Russia being and doing the same.

Karma is a bitch and we all in the end get what we deserve in the end so make sure the fruits are good from your tree.

Nazis the rothchilds and the CIA? Now?

Why don't you ask the Ukrainian people directly why they don't want Russians in there country?

Why are you ignoring the Ukrainian people and making unproven BS claims?

This is the big mystery hmm

The evidence is given to you but you refuse to believe it, why?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Were Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya even allowed governments until the US said it was ok?

Didn't the US demand that Assad leave Syria to the Taliban... oops I meant FSA. Really I did.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
Were Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya even allowed governments until the US said it was ok?

Didn't the US demand that Assad leave Syria to the Taliban... oops I meant FSA. Really I did.

Afghanistan had a government from presidential elections in Afghanistan, so did Iraq and so does Libya and it wasn't on the say so of the US,

The FSA are armed protesters by the Saudis Qatar and Jordan and other Sunni Muslim states, this common knowledge
en.wikipedia.org...

Now let's please get back on topic, we're talking about Ukraine

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

LittleByLittle

Why don't you ask the Ukrainian people directly why they don't want Russians in there country?

Why did you use the term Nazi when the poster your quoting made no such reference?

Are you trying to load posts with your cherry picked BS again? Didn't you do that in another thread? Adding pictures of nuclear bombers and claiming they were taken at the same time and place as photos used to show Russia massing forces? And now your adding words to other posters to help you disregard them as outrageous.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

MALBOSIA

Afghanistan had a government from presidential elections in Afghanistan, so did Iraq and so does Libya and it wasn't on the say so of the US,

The FSA are armed protesters by the Saudis Qatar and Jordan and other Sunni Muslim states, this common knowledge
en.wikipedia.org...

The US had military control over Afghanistan and Iraq during elections. Libya was simply left for dead to the Taliban that were armed by American contractors. How is Libya doing by the way?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

MALBOSIA

TritonTaranis

MALBOSIA

en.wikipedia.org...

The US had military control over Afghanistan and Iraq during elections. Libya was simply left for dead to the Taliban that were armed by American contractors. How is Libya doing by the way?

Armed by US contractors? So who broke In to the military bases in Libya then? did you forget about that? Because they didn't look like US arms to me

The Difference between Iraq and Libya is the US wasn't annexing the country for it own boarders, neither did US troops get a vote, it couldn't be anymore different and deliberately off topic

Let me remind you again that the Ukrainian people are in favour of EU ties over Russian ties and the US is responding and talking on behalf of the international community who overwhelmingly are against Russia's actions in Ukraine

Hope this helps you understand a bit better

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

LittleByLittle

Svoboda (political party)

How the far-right took top posts in Ukraine's power vacuum

Svoboda: The rise of Ukraine's ultra-nationalists

These are the nice chappies that now have a controlling majority within government, they also helped carry out the military coup that took place in Kiev. This is also the political party receiving America funding.

Awesome.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

But it isn't actually controlled by a "close knit group of fascists" though, is it?

Only 4 members of the 20 member Cabinet hail from the far-right group (Svoboda), the rest are perfectly normal folk. You are aware that 12% of the population voted for Svoboda in the 2012 elections, right? So it is representative at least.

Also, you're ignoring the slight issue that the former President was impeached by the Ukrainian Parliament not once, but twice, prior to him fleeing to Russia - all in accordance with the Ukrainian Constitution that very same President put in place and the current interim Government, along with the forthcoming elections are also in line with the very same Constitution.

Everything that has happened in the Ukraine has been quite legal, Constitutionally yet Russia like to push this whole "fascist" crap and it has an army of internet warriors, like you, to help.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

You're lying now. Controlling majority?

They have 4 cabinet positions out of 20. How is that a "controlling majority"? Like I said before, they got 12% of the Parliamentary vote, so any unity Government has to consider them.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well it bloody well looks to me that pretty much most of the worlds leaders and legislators are just arranging the deck chairs on the bloody Titanic....and trying to make sure theirs is the softest one......
For want of honest people of good will we are strangling in our own blood for the bankers.....

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

TritonTaranis

cosmicexplorer

That's the difference between Russian troops in Crimea and a handful of Pro Russia Ukrainians lead by Spetznaz, it's a crash course if you like

Agree totally...this is pro russian ukrainian forces....

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

stumason
reply to post by Bellor

You're lying now. Controlling majority?

They have 4 cabinet positions out of 20. How is that a "controlling majority"? Like I said before, they got 12% of the Parliamentary vote, so any unity Government has to consider them.

Lol well lets see, Andriy Parubiy was named Secretary of the Security and National Defense Committee, hes in charge of the defense ministry and the armed forces.

Dmytro Yarosh, leader of the Right Sector delegation in parliament is Parubiy’s deputy.

Oleh Makhnitsky was named prosecutor-general of the Ukraine, again Svoboda.

The entire cabinet is filled with ultra right associations. Svoboda now also control the finance minstry and the nations education ministry. This is all at the behest of coup leader Yatsenyuk and his Fatherland Party, who awarded themselves ten cabinets.

To me that seems like a fairly controlling majority of government power held by nazis, the Fatherland Party is passing of all security, education and finance to be ran by a group of neo-nazi's. Reckon their popularity will go up or down?, hmmmmm, I reckon they might become a lot more popular to the point where its really the only choice to make.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join