It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Plans Permanent Manned Moon Base "FOREVER"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

ColCurious
reply to post by greencmp

Everything from the cold war era gets a remake as it seems... another space race?
Sure, it's not like we have any problems to solve back on good old earth.

I agree with Arnie123, I doubt Russia alone has the means, but let's see. Maybe in corporation with China/Brasil?

greencmp
Well, we know what they think of other treaties they have signed so why should we assume that they will honor the moon treaty?

I thought treaties in general don't matter anymore?

Also, DER MOND IST DEUTSCH!!

From "Iron Sky", It even has a soundtrack from Laibach!

edit on 13-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Damn. I replied to this on another thread about some-one selling pieces of the moon. You people still don't get it. I own the moon. I laid claim to it in 1964. All my markers are in place for anyone who wants to go there and verify it. So if the Russians want a base on my property tell Mr Putin to start negotiating with me. I will only rent small areas not sell.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Man,Iron Sky is a peach of a movie!
I loved it.
And the idea of a base on the dark side of the moon to hide it would work I think.
You could still use solar energy I think.
If there is a secret base up there already,it will be on the dark side.
It wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
We haven't fully over come the problems in which stopped NASA having a moon base

Russia certainly isn't nowhere near establishing a moon base, and certainly doesn't have the funds to maintain one

It is for now, just a vocal Russian dream
edit on 13-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yeah, the Russians can pitch their 'tents' over by the US/? Luna 2 base camp, so they are closer to the Starbucks (that has been up there for 5 years)!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

BendingTheTruth

Yeah, the Russians can pitch their 'tents' over by the US/? Luna 2 base camp, so they are closer to the Starbucks (that has been up there for 5 years)!

The best place for, "Oh! we don't do salt" Starbucks...they are rubbish, and they do do salt, it's in the first packet of crisps, (plain) you see at the self service counter. They are probably up there trying to con the aliens with their healthy mayonnaise and sawdust sandwiches.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well all I can say to the USA is HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry guys but you had space in the palm of the hand. You were the dog on top. The ball was in your court.

And you dropped it!

Like imbeciles you gave up on space.

I really really don't think I can put my contempt about this in words.

Space was your and you blew it!

And it a dammed shame! Id rather see a USA moon and USA solar system.

But no, Congress shortsightedness won out.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Arnie123
They have the rockets, but lack the technological prowess the US has as far as space based systems go, an I say that because the private sector is going to go with US space knowledge as far this goes.

Really?

Technological prowess as shown by the shuttle means very little.

Simple , cheap and reliable is what the Russian specializes in. And that seems to be the key to manned missions.
Hence why Russia and China are the only ones with a manned program at the moment.

Even the private sector in the USA is based on that, the Dragon capsel is very much influenced by the Soyuz.

Maybe the USA can catch up in manned spaceflight but to me the Russians have the edge.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

The US got there on 1960s tech, I think the Russian have more than enough technological prowess to accomplish this goal.

Arnie show the problem with Americans and space.

They are resting on past laurels and thinks that will win them the next space race.

It wont.

Worst they have this idea that Russia is still using backward 60's tec. They are not. Yes the Soyuz hull may be from the 60's but its been redesigned and upgraded over the last 50 years to the point its totally different to the orginal.

Time to put those Twinkies down guys and turn that super bowl off as you have work to do!

edit on 13-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

DietJoke

In the next 50 years, manned flights are unlikely beyond 'the space between Venus and Mars'. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This ^^^ is a damning indictment on the limits we place on ourselves and here is why ...

Project Orion (nuclear propulsion): Interplanetary applications

The Orion nuclear pulse rocket design has extremely high performance. Orion nuclear pulse rockets using nuclear fission type pulse units were originally intended for use on interplanetary space flights.

Missions that were designed for an Orion vehicle in the original project included single stage (i.e., directly from Earth's surface) to Mars and back, and a trip to one of the moons of Saturn.

Project Orion: Saturn by 1970 By George Dyson Posted November 20th, 2007 11:54 am

The 4,000-ton, single-stage Orion vehicle proposed in 1958 was intended to deliver 1,600 tons to a 300-mile orbit, 1,200 tons to a soft lunar landing, or 800 tons to a Mars orbit and return to a 300-mile orbit around the Earth. An “Advanced Interplanetary Ship,” powered by 15-kiloton bombs, with a takeoff weight of 10,000 tons, was envisioned as 185 feet in diameter and 280 feet in height. Payload to a 300-mile orbit was 6,100 tons, to a soft lunar landing 5,700 tons, or to a landing on an inner satellite of Saturn and return to a 300-mile Earth orbit — a three-year round-trip — 1,300 tons.

So pre 1960's, 50+yrs ago, we had a design that would have cost similar to the Apollo project and could have been built in the same amount of time, that would take us to Saturn and back in 3 years!

And yet we are being told that we wont progress beyond the orbits of Venus and Mars for the next 50yrs.

Chemical rocketry is holding us back!

Maybe Russia's plan is to set up a Moon Base so they can build Project Orion, avoiding a whole host of problems, and go far beyond the orbits of Venus and Mars way before the Chinese or the USA can get there?

Another Orion fan!

I agree Chem rockets are holding us back.

It like using a a 1960's computer today when you can use a desktop.

It also shows how the USA was light years ahead in space technology then blew it

edit on 13-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

History seems to be repeating itself again and the tax payer's pocket's will be a bit lighter again

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

--
Great, I knew it was only a matter of time before your furry ewok faced showed up,

---
We now have been over this a couple of times, the Soyuz was no better than the Shuttle.
As far as technological prowess goes, the US owns that, hands down.
You know with all these sanctions going on, is it ever a wonder why their is hardly any mention as far as the space program goes???
Because though russia may have the better rockets, stable spaced based technologies is where they falter, Enter US, our systems are very much more robust and capable, you see, it goes hand in hand.
They need us as much as we need them.
Soyuz

Shuttle

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
As usual, Hollywood knew about this years ago....1966 in fact.

Here is Jerry Lewis in Way way out.

www.youtube.com...

I hope the Russians do continue on this venture, and invite all the World's nations to participate, what a great achievement of man.............Or the USA could stop being so greedy and do the same thing.....Oh but we all might find out about the black triangles tech then.....oh no, cant have that!!! We need it to kill and control people.

I Also Dont know why Americans make such a big deal about "Corporate" America.
The Majority of all the money for the corporate world, comes from the US Govt.
Grants, Research money, Wars, Government Contracts etc etc.
Howard Hughes would still have been a nobody if he didnt get Millions of $ of US military grants in WW2, and produced virtually nothing...but still made money (like the "Internet" fake money).
Lockheed, Boeing, Northrop, All survived and became millionaires, on money from the US govt... you know "You the People".

Recently, GM, Chrysler etc etc.

US is the same as Russia, just painted a different colour.

Besides, the Earth better build something quickly.
The Swift-Tuttle 3 mile wide comet is on a perceived collision course with Earth on August 14 2126.
No one here will be around, but its gonna make a big hole if it does, the next extinction time?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Arnie123

greencmp

Arnie123
Should be interesting.

But this space race may already be over with...
The advent of the privatized space juggernaut is in full swing, its not a race between nations, but corporations, something that russia will have to face.

Truth is, can we even call it a space race? if russia is going to the moon...forever, then they are going.

I don't think they have it in them. They have the rockets, but lack the technological prowess the US has as far as space based systems go, an I say that because the private sector is going to go with US space knowledge as far this goes.

Good thread, S&F
edit on 12-4-2014 by Arnie123 because: I added info

Well, we know what they think of other treaties they have signed so why should we assume that they will honor the moon treaty?

It will be interesting to see how SpaceX fits into this.

--
True that.

Of course....we can always hope whoever "It" was that booted us off the moon may have a few things to say to our russian counterparts........

"It" was probably a preliminary Russian moon base.

A temporary one.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
There is a Bible verse that says, "My people perish for a lack of vision." . The US lost it's vision long ago when it became a Marxist welfare state. Instead of a grand dream to explore where no one has gone before, under the democrats we have a grand vision to fund crack whores and the mass invasion of third world peoples.

I think the US should be broken up along party lines. Let the blue states stagnate and fester into greater Detroit, while the rest of us recapture the vision that God once granted to America. Apparently Putin still can dream big dreams for his country. I notice Obama trying to dismantle every point of national pride like a good little cultural Marxist, as fast as possible. This indeed was a common tactic of Leninists, revising history and destroying cultural heroes.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

--
With the cold war fresh in Americans minds?

During that time period, from a purely militaristic industrial complex POV, "IF" that was a preliminary russia base, It wasn't btw, then you would have seen a a wonderous spectacle of Rockets heading towards the moon, or better yet, the advancement of military controlled space vehicles soley for the purpose of taking out the so called russian moon base, again BTW it was not.

Either way, it wasn't russian, my guess...remnants of earths previous civilizations, the much MUCH older ones...., but that's just me

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

greencmp if there is another moon race by gum, the USA will run it.
I think there's as much chance of an Independant Scotland running in the Moon Race as The US who seem to have lost all interest...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

djz3ro

greencmp if there is another moon race by gum, the USA will run it.
I think there's as much chance of an Independant Scotland running in the Moon Race as The US who seem to have lost all interest...

This is the Scottish built satellite that is going up in June.

And of course, Spaceport Scotland

A moonbase might be asking too much too soon though...

edit on 14-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

crazyewok
Well all I can say to the USA is HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry guys but you had space in the palm of the hand. You were the dog on top. The ball was in your court.

And you dropped it!

Like imbeciles you gave up on space.

I really really don't think I can put my contempt about this in words.

Space was your and you blew it!

And it a dammed shame! Id rather see a USA moon and USA solar system.

But no, Congress shortsightedness won out.

I don't know if this is a joke post, or not...? Trust me, the US owns space. If they don't want something in orbit, or going to the moon, or elsewhere, they shoot it down. This is really old news...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I'm not sure satellites should even be considered part of the "race" anymore.

Many countries with many satellites, common.
edit on 4/14/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join