It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pork eaters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is a real question and not a jab at anyone. Has anyone noticed that their seems to be a relationship between the size of a countries military and the amount of pork that is consumed by the people. In other words do countries without an huge police force eat very much pork? I see many countries that do not eat pork usually have a strong military to do the policing. Their is no offense meant by this thread. It is just an observation.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Newest I can find is 2007...

Beware of Luxembourg, Spain and Austria!!?

edit on 12-4-2014 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I have never looked into it.
I am saddened sometimes when I eat pork because pigs are fairly intelligent.
But they taste so good that I eat them anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Your username kind of gave it off.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

deadeyedick
This is a real question and not a jab at anyone. Has anyone noticed that their seems to be a relationship between the size of a countries military and the amount of pork that is consumed by the people. In other words do countries without an huge police force eat very much pork? I see many countries that do not eat pork usually have a strong military to do the policing. Their is no offense meant by this thread. It is just an observation.

I would say it has nothing to do with it....that is just my observation tho...

2nd

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Piggys are not as smart as cats!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

minkmouse

Piggys are not as smart as cats!

Maybe cats taste better than pigs then?

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I'll let ya know in the morning

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I also wonder if getting caught for a crime can be attributed to eating pork. A sort of spiritual gateway into ones soul. With something that taste so good there has to be a downside.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The only pork I can stand is bacon, superwell done. I don't really like the texture of pork, too squishy for my tastes. Ham is good, but only super dry, yeah I am weird lol. I am pretty sure it's a law in Canada you have to like bacon.
edit on Sat, 12 Apr 2014 21:17:09 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

TKDRL
The only pork I can stand is bacon, superwell done. I don't really like the texture of pork, too squishy for my tastes. Ham is good, but only super dry, yeah I am weird lol.

If you ever get a chance try Gwaltney's beef bacon. I quit eating pork years ago but nearly suffered a deep depression because of severe bacon withdrawals.

It makes the BEST blt paired with Blue Plate mayo; another must if you haven't tried it.

The meat to fat ratio is like 2 to 1.

Thanks to the op for making me hungry

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Elton

Thanks for the graph. one example would be israel. I think they have mainly military and the same with kuwait. I will have to research much more.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'd imagine there was more relevance to impoverished countries, arid deserts, and Muslim country's

Firstly you need farming
Secondly whether it permits
And thirdly if you can afford it

I doubt there would be any connection considering Luxembourg doesn't have a military for policing and neither does any of the other biggest consumers

That's more in line with failed stats and dictators who are forbidden to eat pork which is probably where your lines have got crossed

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I actually thought of that when researching the vikings a while back. They ate a lot of wild hogs. I researched some of the known chemistry of pork compared to the other animals. If anything, it is higher in a few minerals. The pig also was a rooter and ate more food high in some of the heavy metals. The pork snout and hoofs are full of elastins because of their eating habits and the elastin makes tougher muscles and circulatory system. It also contains more molybdenum naturally which allows the eater to detox some microbe chemistry better.

Now goat meat is also high in molybdenum. Cows don't tolerate molybdenum well. Also some of the countries that eat pork drink more beer, beer clarification is done with bromelain which raises testosterone levels.

There are too many possibilities to consider to make a conclusion about this subject.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

And they say conspiracy theorists aren't paranoid...Gaww! jk

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
All I know is that pork is much more cost effective than most other meats excepting chicken at the moment. So, we eat more pork.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I wonder where the UK stands?
We love a bit of bacon here! Nom nom nom nom

My fav is bacon in a crusty roll, with some grated cheddar and lots of HP sauce.

Now I'm Hank Marvin :-|
edit on 13/4/14 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

TKDRL
The only pork I can stand is bacon, superwell done. I don't really like the texture of pork, too squishy for my tastes. Ham is good, but only super dry, yeah I am weird lol. I am pretty sure it's a law in Canada you have to like bacon.

Yeah, but that's Canadian bacon, which is not at all like, umm, er, uh, bacon bacon.
It's really more like thinly sliced ham. It doesn't curl up. It doesn't have the same smell when frying. It doesn't turn super crispy. It doesn't taste the same. It's not the same size and could come in a Spam (r) can.

Now I'm cool if you like either type, or both! This isn't about which bacon is "the best!" at all. It's about why these two cuts of pork are called by the same name when their inherent characteristics are so far apart. It's like calling a beet and a carrot by the same name because they are both root plants.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well, it does beg the question - What do Canadians do with the cut we call bacon in the US?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

We cook it, and put in on a tasty BLT sandwich...

Or eat it with eggs...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join