It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something shooting the sun? NASA removes images

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by ngchunter

The curved streak is at the center right interesting.
Indication of secondary radiation?

That was my conclusion as well. That kind of scattering effect can also sometimes be seen in SOHO images. I see similar curving of some streaks in other dark frame images. This CCD does have anti-bloom gating, so it's not an artifact of blooming during a cosmic ray strike. Just for reference purposes, here's about 5 hours of dark frame images (calibrated to remove permanent hot pixels) put into an animation:
h.dropcanvas.com...
You can see a number of occasional streaks, many smaller specks, and occasionally a hit that will cause a pixel to become stuck on for multiple frames before shutting back off.
edit on 13-4-2014 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Here's a neat idea (well I think it is anyway.)
How about a progressive gif showing the accumulation of hits over time? Can you do something like that? Curious to see what sort of distribution there might be.

With a pretty simple algorithm it would be possible to use it to figure hits/cm2/sec too. On second thought, streaks would complicate the algorithm a bit.

edit on 4/13/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Phage

Here's a neat idea (well I think it is anyway.)
How about a progressive gif showing the accumulation of hits over time? Can you do something like that? Curious to see what sort of distribution there might be.

Well I like the idea, I'm just not sure how to do it properly, but here's a stack showing the accumulation of hits over a 5 hour period:
h.dropcanvas.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Amazing how people argue over the time frame missing from NASA but never prove a thing why they are missing.Just assume people are being frauds on youtube.Same thing as people assumeing NASA is covering something up.
Some of the skepticism is just running their mouth at someone and calling everyone a fraud or fake without any proof.Not even being a skeptic.
edit on 13-4-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Tucket
Apperently the guy recorded the footage before it was removed by NASA. I was just wondering what ATS has to say about this.

A while back I made a prediction of an "extraterrestrial / UFO event". I placed the event window as a 2 week period centered on April 11, 2014e.v.

Here is a link to my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not sure how well it would be received, but, this event seems to work fairly well...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

I'm not sure how well it would be received, but, this event seems to work fairly well...

I guess.
Cosmic rays are extraterrestrial after all but they sort of happen all the time so assigning them to a particular time frame is sort of ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I dunno... does a proton (albeit a rather energetic one) count as "major"?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob48

It does.
If you're an electron.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Jobeycool
Amazing how people argue over the time frame missing from NASA but never prove a thing why they are missing.Just assume people are being frauds on youtube.Same thing as people assumeing NASA is covering something up.
Some of the skepticism is just running their mouth at someone and calling everyone a fraud or fake without any proof.Not even being a skeptic.

Have you read the thread? Nothing is missing. Nobody deleted any images.

It's not "assuming" or "calling everyone a fraud and a fake without any proof" — if someone is claiming images are being deleted, then posting links to the images on NASA servers where they are still available counts as pretty conclusive proof, wouldn't you say?

Anyone can make a mistake — there are LOTS of images on NASA's servers and they sometimes move around — but the fact that this YouTuber is apparently deleting any comments on his video pointing out that the images are still available strongly suggests that it is not a simple oversight but deliberate deception.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Phage
What image has been removed? Not this one:

And it's not something shooting the Sun. It's a cosmic ray striking the sensor. Happens quite often, unless they have lousy aim.

BTW, the Sun is represented by the white circle, so they missed that other time too. Really lousy aim. The sun is 865 thousand miles miles across and they can't hit it?
edit on 4/12/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Damn! Did you have to spoil the fun??

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Jobeycool
edit on 13-4-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

Why does this comment have two stars? It's completely wrong. Nothing is missing therefore he is a fraud.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

A while back I made a prediction of an "extraterrestrial / UFO event". I placed the event window as a 2 week period centered on April 11, 2014e.v.

That's not fair. Isn't everything you do an "Extraterrestrial event"?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I so knew phage would use cosmic rays & everyone would just accept it like the sheep they are...lol

Im not saying its not but it seems like every anomalous photo taken outside of earth is caused by cosmic rays according to phage.

Pro tip: Every anomalous photo not taken on earth is cosmic rays so don't bother posting them.

P.S.- Your never gonna find proof of anything extraterrestrial in NASA pics. Everyone knows they airbrush their pics.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Edit: Accidental post.
edit on 14-4-2014 by hana1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hana1

It's not a case of accepting what Phage says. It's common sense. Anyone who has looked at SOHO images will have seen dozens of lines just like this and know exactly what they are.

As for the images being "airbrushed", have you any idea of the volume of data coming back from space and being collected in real time?

It must be pretty awful living in such a confused and paranoid state of mind all the time.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hana1

I so knew phage would use cosmic rays & everyone would just accept it like the sheep they are...lol

Perhaps because it makes sense?

There are some good links on this thread to learn a thing or two (or three)..you should try reading them some day..

Baahhhhhhhhhh...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

I give up with the stupidity of some people.

There is nothing shooting the sun. Why would anyone or anything want to tazer the Sun?

Oh, don't answer that question .
edit on CDTMon, 14 Apr 2014 07:12:26 -05000000003007x126x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Was that a still image? Did a large comet pass by the sun and simply leave a trail? I don't know, space isn't my area. The trail does look like a laser, too consistent to be a comets tail I guess.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

hana1

Im not saying its not but it seems like every anomalous photo taken outside of earth is caused by cosmic rays according to phage.

Pro tip: Every anomalous photo not taken on earth is cosmic rays so don't bother posting them.

P.S.- Your never gonna find proof of anything extraterrestrial in NASA pics. Everyone knows they airbrush their pics.

I just knew that Columbus would use the round earth theory to justify his voyage and everyone would accept it like the sheep they are...lol

When you consider the scales involved, the fact that the missing portion of video was not missing, to believe a ship was lasering the sun was a bit ... disingenuous.

Didn't matter if Phage weighed in on the subject or not, my attitude would have been: Seriously? Seriously?

I want to believe, but not to the exclusion of logic, facts and I do not automatically swallow BS just because I think it would be cool if true.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Huge problem is you guys do not do a good explanation whatsoever of showing why this man claims there is missing time.Alot of you just simply say there is no missing time and there fore there is no missing time,which is why I am asking a common sense simple question explain why this guy came up with missing time.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join