It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something shooting the sun? NASA removes images

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Bilk22

Also, I'd like some explanation of what the center disk is in reality. Is it a physical disk placed at the center of the optics or what ever it is that is used to capture these images? If so, would the artifact appear to streak across the sensor in that area where the disk is located?

This post contains some of the answers you seek www.abovetopsecret.com...
Man you have this stuff at your fingertips huh? LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Bilk22

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Bilk22

Also, I'd like some explanation of what the center disk is in reality. Is it a physical disk placed at the center of the optics or what ever it is that is used to capture these images? If so, would the artifact appear to streak across the sensor in that area where the disk is located?

So do you. ATS Search.

I read that thread and found the answer for you. Are you interested in answers to your questions or just being a .......?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Bilk22

Also, I'd like some explanation of what the center disk is in reality. Is it a physical disk placed at the center of the optics or what ever it is that is used to capture these images? If so, would the artifact appear to streak across the sensor in that area where the disk is located? Or is that dead space on the sensor?

SOHO uses an internal occulting disk

SOHO uses an internal sun-shade known as an occulter to view the corona, but diffraction of stray light limits the area that can be observed. The bright circle within the dark disk shows the actual size and position of the Sun. SOHO's occulter covers twice the diameter of the Sun.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I asked what the larger disk is in reality. Is it a physical disk just covering that area of the sensor?

All explained in the link provided by Pauligirl.

But here, again:

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

alienreality
reply to post by Rob48

I never said anything about the STEREO images being classified.... Another lame straw man attempt by you.

You're the one claiming they are being deleted. You're the one lying. Don't accuse me of underhand tactics.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by alienreality

Thread title: Something shooting the sun? NASA removes images

Did they remove them or not?

If you say they did you might want to explain why they're still there.

Then again, it's a topic thing. You might not understand.
edit on 13-4-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: nasa messes with my "p" key

this is happening more and more here on ATS....the title of this thread is totally wrong....NASA did not remove images, and nothing shot at the sun... about half way through the you tube clip, he starts talking about biblical end times, and he doesn't back up anything he says with evidence. this is the exact reason that we should never allow religious rule. they make up stories, and they accuse ordinary people of being "evil doers", just like in the dark ages of Europe.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Bilk22

Also, I'd like some explanation of what the center disk is in reality. Is it a physical disk placed at the center of the optics or what ever it is that is used to capture these images? If so, would the artifact appear to streak across the sensor in that area where the disk is located? Or is that dead space on the sensor?

So you tell Pauligirl her post is "unnecessary" and then 10 minutes later you ask a question that is specifically addressed in the link she posted!

Are you having a laugh?
edit on 13-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

DenyObfuscation

Bilk22

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Bilk22

So do you. ATS Search.

I read that thread and found the answer for you. Are you interested in answers to your questions or just being a .......?
You must be the master of the ATS search engine because it is probably the most useless search engine I've ever encountered. Do you have Phage's posts catalogued by topic and then subcategorized? Guess he has the day off, huh?

Truth is what an official body tells us, because we don't know the reality.
So I guess the truth is we're seeing a cosmic ray

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Bilk22

One has to wonder how NASA can determine what is a "cosmic ray" or "cosmic artifact" vs something esle when there are so many. How would they ever know if it's actually something else? Seems that piece of equipment up there was a waste of money if it constantly captures "anomalies". Heck, most every camera NASA uses is "faulty". They probably should have bought a Sony point and shoot. Would have been much cheaper with better results.
edit on 65746Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

Detecting cosmic rays doesn't make the cameras "faulty"

Shocking Events

Hotshot How to Make Your Own UFO

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Pauligirl

Bilk22

One has to wonder how NASA can determine what is a "cosmic ray" or "cosmic artifact" vs something esle when there are so many. How would they ever know if it's actually something else? Seems that piece of equipment up there was a waste of money if it constantly captures "anomalies". Heck, most every camera NASA uses is "faulty". They probably should have bought a Sony point and shoot. Would have been much cheaper with better results.
edit on 65746Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

Detecting cosmic rays doesn't make the cameras "faulty"

Shocking Events

Hotshot How to Make Your Own UFO
One has to wonder why an official body believes there's a need to preemptively explain away something. Generally the guilty do such things.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Bilk22

DenyObfuscation

Bilk22

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Bilk22

So do you. ATS Search.

You must be the master of the ATS search engine because it is probably the most useless search engine I've ever encountered. Do you have Phage's posts catalogued by topic and then subcategorized? Guess he has the day off, huh?

Why don't you try reading the links? If you don't like what the official body has to say, then bring some evidence of what you think it is.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Pauligirl

Bilk22

DenyObfuscation

Bilk22

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Bilk22

So do you. ATS Search.

Why don't you try reading the links? If you don't like what the official body has to say, then bring some evidence of what you think it is.
I did read the link. It was NASA explaining away the "artifacts" as "How to make your own UFO". As I said, what ever the reality is, we already know "the truth" because we were told

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Bilk22

Pauligirl

Bilk22

DenyObfuscation

Bilk22

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Bilk22

So do you. ATS Search.

I did read the link. It was NASA explaining away the "artifacts" as "How to make your own UFO". As I said, what ever the reality is, we already know "the truth" because we were told

Once again, if you don't like what the official body has to say, then bring some evidence of what you think it is.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Pauligirl

Bilk22

Pauligirl

Bilk22

DenyObfuscation

Bilk22

DenyObfuscation
reply to post by Bilk22

So do you. ATS Search.

Once again, if you don't like what the official body has to say, then bring some evidence of what you think it is.

I have no real background in astrophysics or what ever is related to such things. But I've just done some reading on "cosmic rays" or high energy photons
The reading suggested that most do not come from our solar system and many not even from our galaxy. Evidently "cosmic rays" are all about us 100% of the time. We're constantly being bombarded by them. So one has to wonder why the SOHO imaging device captures them only "sometimes" and why my Sony digital camera never does. I'm really looking for an explanation.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Bilk22

As I said, what ever the reality is, we already know "the truth" because we were told

This is a common argument from conspiracy theorists, but it's nonsense. Science is science. It's the same for everybody. Anybody can test it: it doesn't matter who does the experiment, the result will be the same. If you don't trust NASA about cosmic rays, then do your own research. Read up in independent textbooks about what cosmic rays are, what energies they have, how they behave and how they will interact with CCDs. You will come to the same conclusions, because NASA doesn't get to decide the laws of physics.

I have no real background in astrophysics or what ever is related to such things.

No ****, Sherlock.

So one has to wonder why the SOHO imaging device captures them only "sometimes" and why my Sony digital camera never does. I'm really looking for an explanation.

How often do you take your Sony up to the Lagrangian point?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Rob48

Bilk22

As I said, what ever the reality is, we already know "the truth" because we were told

This is a common argument from conspiracy theorists, but it's nonsense. Science is science. It's the same for everybody. Anybody can test it: it doesn't matter who does the experiment, the result will be the same. If you don't trust NASA about cosmic rays, then do your own research. Read up in independent textbooks about what cosmic rays are, what energies they have, how they behave and how they will interact with CCDs. You will come to the same conclusions, because NASA doesn't get to decide the laws of physics.

I have no real background in astrophysics or what ever is related to such things.

No ****, Sherlock.

So one has to wonder why the SOHO imaging device captures them only "sometimes" and why my Sony digital camera never does. I'm really looking for an explanation.

How often do you take your Sony up to the Lagrangian point?

Seems high energy photons know no bounds. Do you agree? They travel from far beyond our galaxy much less our solar system. So why does the SOHO imaging device get effected by them but not others? You seem to think you know a lot so explain it instead of being a wise #$$.
edit on 74756Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Do you know where the SOHO and STEREO imagers are?

SOHO is 1.5 million kilometres from Earth. That's almost four times further than the moon.

The STEREO spacecraft are currently on the far side of the Sun from Earth — that is, almost twice as far from us as the sun.

The reason we can survive on Earth is down to the atmosphere. It doesn't just give us oxygen to breathe, it also absorbs most of the harmful radiation that is constantly bombarding us from space. (The Earth's magnetic field also does a good job of deflecting the radiation.)

The SOHO and STEREO cameras are out in deep space, with no atmosphere and no magnetic field to protect them. That is why they are vulnerable to cosmic rays.

Come on, you say yourself that you have no background in astrophysics. So why do you think that you know better than the people who do, and who built a pair of satellites that are currently about a quarter of a light-hour from your chair?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Rob48
reply to post by Bilk22

Do you know where the SOHO and STEREO imagers are?

SOHO is 1.5 million kilometres from Earth. That's almost four times further than the moon.

The STEREO spacecraft are currently on the far side of the Sun from Earth — that is, almost twice as far from us as the sun.

The reason we can survive on Earth is down to the atmosphere. It doesn't just give us oxygen to breathe, it also absorbs most of the harmful radiation that is constantly bombarding us from space.

The SOHO and STEREO cameras are out in deep space, with no atmosphere to protect them. That is why they are vulnerable to cosmic rays.

Come on, you say yourself that you have no background in astrophysics. So why do you think that you know better than the people who do, and who built a pair of satellites that are currently about a quarter of a light-hour from your chair?
From my reading it's not the atmosphere that protects us, but the magnetosphere that protects us from "cosmic rays". Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Rob48

alienreality
reply to post by Rob48

I never said anything about the STEREO images being classified.... Another lame straw man attempt by you.

You're the one claiming they are being deleted. You're the one lying. Don't accuse me of underhand tactics.

I never said anything about anything being "deleted" And now I'm lying too? Your ability seems limited to the various methods of ad hominem and straw man attacks. Plus you add words and subtract words to what people say. I have yet to see anything that resembles worthwhile communication, unless you are just trying to entertain. You haven't even done that though.. Maybe next time..

Try reading and comprehending next time.
edit on 13-4-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

It's both. I edited to make that clear but you beat me to it. If you knew that then why did you ask me why the cosmic rays don't affect your Sony?

I'm not claiming to be an expert in astrophysics. My degree is in chemistry. But you admit you don't know much about astrophysics, and yet you seem to think you know more about what a detector should show than the professional physicists and engineers who built it! Why is that?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join