It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something shooting the sun? NASA removes images

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

alienreality

I never said anything about anything being "deleted" And now I'm lying too?

Two lies don't make a truth, Mr Reality. Who wrote this post if you didn't say anything about anything being deleted? It's even in IMPORTANT CAPITAL LETTERS.

Here's a link to it in case you've forgotten:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Incidentally, I did ask for some cites to back up your claims in that post, but you ignored the request. I'd love to say I'm surprised but then I would be the one lying.
edit on 13-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Wow, almost 5 pages of headache-inducing bickering. Can't we just let Bilk22 put his last word in, and move on to discussing the topic? Sometimes the best way to deal with agruing is to pull out of it.

~~~

I've seen plenty of cosmic ray strikes in space images, and this one looks like a typical one too. You can find cosmic ray strikes in raw Cassini and Hubble images, and even Curiosity images on Mars.

I find very funny the allegation that NASA remove some of their content after watching some Youtube video. "Oh noes! some crank uploaded a video that shows something we don't want the public to see, quick, remove the pictures!" *rolls on the floor laughing* NASA have better things to concentrate on, such as science and space exploration.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Tucket
Apperently the guy recorded the footage before it was removed by NASA.

Oh brother. BPearthwatch, there's another guy I have a serious problem with. He knows better than this. It's a cosmic ray strike. Here's the image, right here:
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
It's a cosmic ray streak in a single frame. Common, mundane stuff. Here are a couple other smaller cosmic ray streaks in this image:
As you can clearly see, NASA has not removed the image. BPeartwatch is a liar. End of story.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

I find very funny the allegation that NASA remove some of their content after watching some Youtube video. "Oh noes! some crank uploaded a video that shows something we don't want the public to see, quick, remove the pictures!"

Then it was "Oh noes, everybody knows now. Put them back! Put them back!"

The images were never removed.

edit on 4/13/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Rob48

Bilk22

As I said, what ever the reality is, we already know "the truth" because we were told

This is a common argument from conspiracy theorists, but it's nonsense. Science is science. It's the same for everybody. Anybody can test it: it doesn't matter who does the experiment, the result will be the same. If you don't trust NASA about cosmic rays, then do your own research. Read up in independent textbooks about what cosmic rays are, what energies they have, how they behave and how they will interact with CCDs. You will come to the same conclusions, because NASA doesn't get to decide the laws of physics.

I have no real background in astrophysics or what ever is related to such things.

No ****, Sherlock.

So one has to wonder why the SOHO imaging device captures them only "sometimes" and why my Sony digital camera never does. I'm really looking for an explanation.

How often do you take your Sony up to the Lagrangian point?

His Sony digital camera is also not nearly as sensitive as an astronomical camera. I see cosmic ray streaks all the time in my own images, just not as strongly because like him I'm also operating under earth's protection unlike SOHO (as you alluded to).

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Those that do not question, but only accept what they are told, are doomed to mediocrity at best. You will never be a leader of men, but instead be bound to serving others as you are told. That unquestioning loyalty does not beget gratitude. It begets disdain and lack of respect from those you serve.

If anyone that has chosen to attack me in one form or another, didn't notice, I never made a statement as to what was on that image. I asked questions. Last I checked, that was a knowledgable thing to do. However one does need to question why there are many here intent on diminishing those who ask the questions.
edit on 78449Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

ngchunter
It's a cosmic ray strike. Here's the image, right here:
It's a cosmic ray streak in a single frame. Common, mundane stuff.

Funny thing is, if it was an "alien sun quake beam" it wouldn't even have hit the sun, if you follow the line. Guess even aliens have off days

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob48

I wrongly thought you were talking about the recent images, (NOT STUFF NASA DELETED A YEAR AGO) because NASA deleting stuff in the past isn't what the topic is about. I mentioned they delete information in the past to simply show they did it before, they will do it again. They have given reason in the past not to trust them.

I guess when all else fails, just change the subject and redirect? Another straw man argument from you by taking a word meant for something entirely remote from todays topic and putting in your own context.., you are getting better at it..

NASA caught deleting UFO photos from its website..

NASA caught DELETING IMAGES

edit on 13-4-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

wildespace
Wow, almost 5 pages of headache-inducing bickering.

Not what I intended with the thread. In hindsight I realize I shouldve used a different title. I just wanted someone to debunk it.
Definately wont be sourcing this youtuber in the future.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

If that is aimed at me, I am not trying to diminish you asking questions, and I'm sorry if you think that way. Asking questions is good. But asking questions, being told the answer and then dismissing that answer because you don't like it or don't trust the source is not.

NASA is not some shadowy government agency intent on hiding the truth from people. It is a collection of scientists and engineers who are passionate about learning more about the universe. People just like you and me. They don't have some hidden agenda.

By all means question, but don't dismiss anything just because it comes from a scientist.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Rob48
reply to post by Bilk22

If that is aimed at me, I am not trying to diminish you asking questions, and I'm sorry if you think that way. Asking questions is good. But asking questions, being told the answer and then dismissing that answer because you don't like it or don't trust the source is not.

NASA is not some shadowy government agency intent on hiding the truth from people. It is a collection of scientists and engineers who are passionate about learning more about the universe. People just like you and me. They don't have some hidden agenda.

By all means question, but don't dismiss anything just because it comes from a scientist.

It is a collection of scientists and engineers

Of course it is, but those are not the ones inside NASA that control classified material. Some of them may, but even with clearances, their work might not be related to certain images taken by different spacecraft.

The people doing the hiding are not even seen or heard from by all the "Regular scientists" at NASA.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

NASA caught deleting UFO photos from its website.
Those images are still there.

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

alienreality
reply to post by Rob48

NASA caught deleting UFO photos from its website..

NASA caught DELETING IMAGES

You mean the images here on the NASA site which I just found in 10 minutes on my phone while out in the garden mowing the lawn?

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

If you read that article to the end it even tells you that they are still online! I notice they didn't bother to change the headline though. Great journalism right there...

Please, if you are going to make wild claims, take the time to check whether they are even remotely valid. As a handy hint, "examiner.com" is not recognised as a trustworthy news source

Edit: ninja'd by Phage...

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Rob48
reply to post by Bilk22

It was aimed at no one in particular. I may not disagree with your assessment of NASA and it's personnel. However they may not be the party that would prefer to alter the truth of things. Not saying that is reality, but we should question everything or we're no better than mindless sheep.

This isn't a knock on you, but I'm not surprised you're a chemist. It makes a lot of sense. Adding one thing to another makes something predictable in your world. I'm an architect. I see things differently. I see different possibilities and not just one outcome. I'm also a student of people. Growing up and living in NYC one must not take things on face value or you'll lose your pants. Here 1+1 doesn't always =2.
My "questioning" or not accepting what I was told by the "experts" has been very profitable for me. I haven't had an "employer" telling what to do and what to think, in 24 years.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The people doing the hiding are not even seen or heard from by all the "Regular scientists" at NASA.

And the photos those people deem necessary to hide from the public would never see the light of day, and I am pretty sure that a known liar wouldn't be able to use them on his youtube channel.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Bilk22
This isn't a knock on you, but I'm not surprised you're a chemist. It makes a lot of sense. Adding one thing to another makes something predictable in your world.

My degree is in chemistry but I haven't done that in 15 years. I'm a journalist and editor these days. Investigating sources, deciding what is and isn't trustworthy, that kind of thing. Comes in useful round here.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Rob48

Bilk22
This isn't a knock on you, but I'm not surprised you're a chemist. It makes a lot of sense. Adding one thing to another makes something predictable in your world.

My degree is in chemistry but I haven't done that in 15 years. I'm a journalist and editor these days. Investigating sources, deciding what is and isn't trustworthy, that kind of thing. Comes in useful round here.
Ah so questioning is a tool you use every day and you find some bits of information to be "not trustworthy"
Maybe I should have been from Missouri LOL

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Phage

NASA caught deleting UFO photos from its website.
Those images are still there.

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Ah they put them back up? that's great, thanks!

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Ah they put them back up? that's great, thanks!

No. Like the images in the video we're talking about. They weren't removed.

posted on Apr, 13 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

They were available on the same page 11 months ago, when this story hit Reddit.

www.reddit.com...

Besides which, they were taken and made public 15 years ago. Why would they suddenly decide to "remove" them now? Once a picture is on the internet, it can be copied and saved by anyone. You can't hide it after the fact.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join