It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you know and they don't know that you do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have a question:

Lets say that a few aquaintances of mine are aware of a certain range of facts and experiences, and that they do not realise that I know, in fact they think that I am not aware of such facts and experiences.

Of course, I know, but they think that I don't.

How on Earth can I tell them?

Alternativley, is there a way for me to give them a clue so that they can come to thier own realisation?

Or, would this realisation pose a threat to their sense of security?

The clincher is, is that I have heard them mentioning me, at least in my mind, they even laugh about it!

Here is a scenario:

A long time ago, I met these aquaintances, and had a chat to them, I gave them some important information.

Now, it is the present, and they don't recognise me, and I need to communicate that it was me whom told them!
edit on 12-4-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What??? Just say
"Hey, remember I told you that stuff?",
"what stuff?",
"I'm that guy remember, the guy that told you the stuff"
"Oh f**k yeah, so you are"
Or he might say " dude, your crazy, I don't know what stuff you're talking about or where your baseball is.."

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Next time they attempt to patronisingly inform you about it, blast them with some info they don't expect from you.

It can be tricky though, I had a friend who planned a walk in some local countryside and explained his route to me like I didn't know what a footpath was. It never quite sank in that I had been walking and running those paths years before he knew of them.

I think its a weird combination insecurity and arrogance that makes people think they have answers no one else has. I tend to leave them to their self centered delusions because stomping your feet saying 'I know that already' seems childish and diminishes their respect towards you.
edit on 12-4-2014 by March of the Fire Ants because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by March of the Fire Ants

I get this at work all the time, like they assume I am inherently incompetant.

I always get the "Oh, they don't even care, theres no point in doing that."

I respond, "Well its procedure."

And they even try to tell me not to do it.

And then I say "Well I've been working here for seven years as a causal, and I get awesome hours exactly because I've been taking initiative."

They don't seem to respond to that one...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Now, it is the present, and they don't recognise me, and I need to communicate that it was me whom told them!
Is this your question? Nice fly paper question.

It all depends on, who, "they" are you are referring to, and what their intentions are, I suppose. If "they" felt they needed to know who you are, Im sure, they would contact you, otherwise, carry on with your life and live it the best way you can.

If "They" recognize the importance of your contribution, "They" will never forget you,regardless if they laugh or not, or even recognize you. If not, it might just be their loss in considering what ever you offered. Time will be the only judge, not "them", not you.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

You hold some great power and advantage by keeping quiet. You can observe and learn way more if they think youre clueless.

PS By the way...some friends!

FYI: Back in high school, 2 girl-friends would talk in their own made up from of gibberish so I wouldn't know what and who they were speaking about. Eventually, I just picked it up...but didn't say anything. One day they mentioned something about me...and I answered them back with the same gibberish.

Those girls were floored knowing I knew what they were talking about. After turning red as a tomato...they asked me how long I had know what they were saying. I didn't answer and just smiled....

You can learn a lot keeping quiet and silent....if that's what you want....I would. And, I did.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: splck

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I have a question:

Lets say that a few aquaintances of mine are aware of a certain range of facts and experiences, and that they do not realise that I know, in fact they think that I am not aware of such facts and experiences.

My suggestion:

Make a list.
On the left side write the pro's of revealing it to "them"
On the right side write the con's of revealing it to "them"
Study the list
Make your decision

I do have a few questions for you, if you don't mind:

Why is it important that you tell them ?
How would you benefit if they know ?
Would they benefit if they know you know and told them ?
What is the content of the information/facts/experiences you gave them ?
How many people are involved ?
Will it put anyone in danger ?

leolady

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

SystemResistor
I have a question:

Alternativley, is there a way for me to give them a clue so that they can come to thier own realisation?

Or, would this realisation pose a threat to their sense of security?

The clincher is, is that I have heard them mentioning me, at least in my mind, they even laugh about it!

Here is a scenario:

A long time ago, I met these aquaintances, and had a chat to them, I gave them some important information.

I have a good friend, and this may be not what your situation is but you are vague, but similar issue, I didn't know how to say it.

One night his gf txtd me, and I never gave her my number, she must have got it from his phone, and she goes "I have something to ask you, promise you won't tell him" ok so i'm curious, go on. "Do you want to sleep with me?" ohhhhhh my god. I respond "No you are my good friends gf, and i have a gf myself." she says "idc he told me you cheated on gfs before" ok then my gf sees this, and i get mad, she is mad at her (as i never cheated on this gf, only years ago with another), so how do i tell my friend?

days go by and i'm torn up every time we hang out because i know she is destroyiong him without him knowing. Finally one day he looks upset and I suck it up and go "Look man, she asked me this, I didn't want to hurt you by telling you, but it's hurting you by not telling you" and that's all it took.

Just tell them whatever it is, if it's like a conspiracy thing, don't worry about it, who cares, you'll just look crazy. But if it's got to do with something that will directly impact their life, just tell them as honest as you can. Hell I had a stranger once tell me on facebook my gf was with him, and he added her to FB, and saw she was dating me.

Like i said you are vague, but use this as an analogy.

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am slightly confused, probably because I have no idea of the particulars of the situation. I don't even have more than a vague idea. The first thing I would ask you is why you need to tell them anything at all? If they don't even know who you are, maybe you can use that to your advantage somehow, but again I have no clue what is going on, lol. So the only real advice I can give is to just come right out and say whatever it is you want them to know, for whatever reason you want them to know it.

Or, if you have someone in your confidence that can help you, there are some things you could devise, with the other person saying something specific, insinuating or implying something. Or you could just start punching people in the face. Babies and all.
Well maybe not babies, but definitely anyone who is potty-trained. That would throw everyone for a loop. That's Gary Busey style right there. I will end with a life-changing quote from Mr. Busey as well: "My dark side, my shadow, my lower companion is now in the back room blowing up balloons for kids' parties." Yep. Now you think about that, and I think you will have your answer.

new topics

top topics

join