It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun at night? Weirdest thing I ever scene.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Let's remove the obvious.

It is not the sun. If the sun shone at night, it would be day.

I think the point is that if it was night and the sun was out, it would be weird. Like in Alaska or something but in Detroit.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

My guess, he is lying, the Moon sets in the West exactly where he saw this, and he saw the Moon, and lied about seeing the Moon and this at the same time to inflate his story.

If he is confusing the sun and the moon, why not east and west?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Acousticsasylum
Just went to go get cigs from the corner store, it is 3:51 am est. and west southwest in the sky there is what looks to be the moon only half full but orange and really bright it is huge. I live right outside of Detroit and to see that this bright with all the light pollution is crazy. I even showed the clerk to make sure I'm not seeing things. I am just dumbfounded.

The sun doesn't ever appear anything but full except during a solar eclipse, which is not visible at night in Detroit, so it's not the sun.

The moon can look giant at times and when it's low in the sky it can be a fiery orange.

My family's from Detroit. Get out... now.
edit on 9-4-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

well his other thread got closed as a duplicate, heres the picture he had posted there
files.abovetopsecret.com...

he says this was to the southwest, while he believes the moon was to the east or nearly right above him

looks to me more like a western sky with a setting moon being lit up by a rising sun in the east
edit on 4/9/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

edit on 9-4-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: recalculating

What time did you use for the Stellarium view? At 04:00 EDT the Moon was already at -1.4 altitude viewed from Detroit.
edit on 9-4-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Acousticsasylum
I just took pic from GFs iPhone. How do I post it from the phone?

This post was at 5:20. Why did you claim the pic was taken at 4 a.m.? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Thinking this info might help, but not sure how big the object you saw is, is it star size? planet size?

CLOSE ENCOUNTER WITH MARS: In only 5 days, Mars will make its closest approach to Earth since 2012. Australian astrophotograher Anthony Wesley couldn't wait. Using a 16 inch telescope, he took this picture last night:

bservers with less experience can take good photos, too, especially in the nights ahead as Mars nears Earth. Look for burnt-orange Mars rising in the east around around 10 p.m. about 5° from the blue 1st-magnitude star Spica. For more information about what you can expect to see, click here.

space weather.com

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wow before I even read it I predicted it would start with either 'was out having a smoke' or something, and I was right! Classic troll form post. Bravo! LMAO

Acousticsasylum
Just went to go get cigs from the corner store, it is 3:51 am est. and west southwest in the sky there is what looks to be the moon only half full but orange and really bright it is huge. I live right outside of Detroit and to see that this bright with all the light pollution is crazy. I even showed the clerk to make sure I'm not seeing things. I am just dumbfounded.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Arbitrageur
You can confirm yourself with Stellarium on your PC, or even a downloadable app for your smartphone, but here is the location of the moon as seen from Detroit at moonset in Stellarium, it's slightly north of due west. The "W" symbol is due west:

Wow...what a disservice! You really should have included the time with your image.

No...sorry it wasn't the moon! The moon set around 1:40am in Detroit. You can verify this with Stellarium. At the purported time of this event, there was no natural object in the sky that could have produced this image.

edit on 9-4-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

tanka418

Arbitrageur
You can confirm yourself with Stellarium on your PC, or even a downloadable app for your smartphone, but here is the location of the moon as seen from Detroit at moonset in Stellarium, it's slightly north of due west. The "W" symbol is due west:

Wow...what a disservice! You really should have included the time with your image.

No...sorry it wasn't the moon! The moon set around 1:40am in Detroit. You can verify this with Stellarium. At the purported time of this event, there was no natural object in the sky that could have produced this image.

Moonset time according to the internet was 03:56!!!!

Moonset

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The Red Planet will be really easy to see with the naked eye, shining 10 times brighter than some of the brightest stars in the sky, NASA said.

Could it have been this?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

wmd_2008

Moonset

That's nice! I used software to "look" at the sky. The moon appeared to be on the Western horizon at around 1:40am. And not visible at 3:40am.

Maybe, the time is an hour off? Didn't change the clock? That's kind of one of the only options for a logical explanation, that is IF you insist it was the moon.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Acousticsasylum

anyone from Midwest confirm anything west of you on the horizon? - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So you have never seen the moon at the horizon?

This is what you are describing, it will happen every time the moon comes out and just before it sets, its the lens effect of our atmosphere.

just google moon lens effect and you will see pics and links describing

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Idk what it was, I also have no interest I being a troll. Could of very well been the Moonset, yet like I said wrong direction. And too early...... Believe what you will, I merely posted this cause i had nobodies what I was looking at it was more if a yellow than an orange anyways like an old banana.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Idk what it was, I also have no interest I being a troll.

You have been shown what it was,

You have no interest and are a troll? or is that a typo?

Could of very well been the Moonset, yet like I said wrong direction.

No you said it was to the west, how is that the wrong direction for the moon setting?

And too early...... Believe what you will,

It was at 3:51 am and you are in Detroit right?

Was it too early?

here is the time of the moon setting

www.timeanddate.com...

My beliefs play no part in this.

But if my beliefs on this need to be voiced, I believe you don't know what you're talking about as the link supplied shows.
edit on 9-4-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

It was to the west but that sight shows north/ north west? No? My picture is facing predominantly southwest. Also was half asleep during initial post. And (I have no interest in being a troll). Just asking for help.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It was to the west but that sight shows north/ north west? No?

What sight? do you mean site as in website, the stellarium pic from page 1? was that pic from the same date as your sighting?

My picture is facing predominantly southwest.

So say you, but you seem to think the moon sets in the east, so are you confusing north and south as well?

Also was half asleep during initial post. And (I have no interest in being a troll). Just asking for help.

Ok was it to early for the moon to set?

many are trying to help you, help us and show or prove that pic of yours is more to south west, I just think you are confused, you know being half a sleep and all the mind tends to shut down.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Acousticsasylum

It was to the west but that sight shows north/ north west? No? My picture is facing predominantly southwest. Also was half asleep during initial post. And (I have no interest in being a troll). Just asking for help.

In order to help you some questions need to be answered truthfully.`

Let's begin with what time did you take the pic that you posted?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Acousticsasylum

The compass direction of the moon changes before moonset. Maybe an hour before it was due west and two hours before it was south of west. The screenshot which shows the moon lower in the sky than your photo was less than 15 minutes before moonset.

InhaleExhale
What sight? do you mean site as in website, the stellarium pic from page 1? was that pic from the same date as your sighting?
Yes the stellarium screenshot I posted was from todays date but as for the time I just showed the position a few minutes before moonset. Earlier, the moon was southwest as Acousticsasylum noted the position of his observed object was.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

tanka418

wmd_2008

Moonset

That's nice! I used software to "look" at the sky. The moon appeared to be on the Western horizon at around 1:40am. And not visible at 3:40am.

Maybe, the time is an hour off? Didn't change the clock? That's kind of one of the only options for a logical explanation, that is IF you insist it was the moon.

What software did you use because that time is accurate !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join