It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Light Mystery {Video}

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

Interesting...

There was another incident like the one you posted but this one is in Michigan.

The Paulding Light (also called the Lights of Paulding or the Dog Meadow Light)

The Paulding Light (also called the Lights of Paulding or the Dog Meadow Light) is a light that appears in a valley that lies outside of Paulding, Michigan. Reports of the light have appeared since the 1960s, with popular folklore providing such explanations as ghosts, geologic activity, or swamp gas. In 2010, Syfy Channel's Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files conducted a paranormal investigation and concluded that the Paulding Light was unexplained. Michigan Tech students conducting a scientific investigation of the light in 2010 were able to see automobile headlights and tail lights when viewing the light through a telescope, and were able to recreate it by driving a car through a specific stretch of US 45.

While it states head / tail lights could be seen, I don't think that is what it is.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Light pillars are a kind of optical phenomenon which is formed by the reflection of sunlight or moonlight by ice crystals that are present in the Earth's atmosphere. They are also called the crystal beam phenomenon.

The light pillar looks like a thin column that extends vertically above and/or below the source of light. The light pillar is prominently visible when the Sun is low or lies below the horizon. It normally forms an arc that extends from five to ten degrees beyond the solar disc. Light pillars can sometimes also be seen arising from the Moon.

Light pillars are formed by reflection from ice crystals with roughly horizontal faces.

Light pillars have also been known to produce false UFO reports. Niagara Falls is one such area, where the mist from the Niagara Falls causes the phenomenon to appear frequently during the winter months, where the ice crystals interact with the city's many upward facing spotlights to create prominent light pillars.

Light Pillars could also be formed by man-made light sources, such as streetlights.

Light pillar

edit on 8-4-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Looks like a Whirlwind, mixed with snow reflecting the sun. Thats the most logic to me

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Bilk22
This is a localized occurrence and that is clear to see. The camera is actually pointed down at this phenomena with trees be hid it.

Yeah, but that's the way these things work. There are trees behind it because the photographer is standing on a mountain and taking a photograph down. That's unusual. But the effect is like a rainbow. Where is a rainbow? We'll, up in the sky, you would say. However, I've been driving in cars through a light rain and had rainbows curve all the way around out of the sky and nearly touch the road right beside the car. (I looked for a pot of gold but didn't see any.). These kind of light effects are as close as the rain or ice and depend on where you're viewing them from. It makes sense.
edit on 8-4-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I saw something very similar to this, only very high in the sky, in January 2013. Here's the report I submitted to the National UFO Reporting Center:

Occurred : 1/19/2013 14:15 (Entered as : 01/19/13 14:15)
Reported: 2/1/2013 8:58:56 AM 08:58
Posted: 2/4/2013
Shape: Other
Duration:~2 minutes
A tight group of flashbulb-like lights glittering high up in a clear blue sky

We were looking at gulls riding currents very high over Walden Ponds wildlife area outside of Boulder. They glinted white as the soared against a deep blue, cloudless sky.

Behind the birds, seemingly much higher, we noticed a peculiar group of flashing lights in a tight formation, looking much like a bunch of flashbulbs going off at the same time or like glittery fireworks.

Having forgotten binoculars, we couldn't tell if it was one very large reflective object or many smaller ones, but it appeared to remain nearly stationary for a couple of minutes.

It was fainter than the sunlit white birds but still glittery and flashbulb like against the blue. It was small enough and faint enough in the sky that it's highly unlikely that anybody else saw it, unless, like us, their attention was attracted by the gulls.

It continued to flash constantly as it gradually became more difficult to see over a period of two or three minutes.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HardCorps

I've watched enough Star Trek to know that we wouldn't be able to see people (or things) moving up and down thru the beam...I would have run down there first to see if any thing materialized at the base or at least to see what the beam was...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Bilk22

Blue Shift

ScientiaFortisDefendit
Um... look where the sun is. It's the sun refracting off of.. wait for it...
... ice crystals.

Yup. The fact that it is precisely lined up with the sun should be a clue. But apparently not good enough for some people.
So exactly where is it aligned with the sun here?

Not claiming it's anything but an unknown and very interesting. However I also think it's very different than a sun dog. A sun dog does not form in close proximity and is a false perception of light being refracted thru the distant atmosphere. This is a localized occurrence and that is clear to see. The camera is actually pointed down at this phenomena with trees be hid it. Now you want to claim it's a dust devil made from ice crystals? I can see it being that. It's not a sun dog.

Looking at the video, I'd say that the sun is directly above and behind that phenomenon. (If you draw a vertical line on the screen, from the centre of phenomenon straight up, you will hit the sun (when it's in shot) at the top edge of the frame)
As it also is with witness #2.
I can't tell for certain with #3 but am willing to guess that it is in line again.

Looks to me like the sunlight reflecting/refracting off a moving mass of dust or (more likely) ice crystals.
If you imagine the wind whipping up a mini-vortex of frozen particles, and the suns rays shining through, and being reflected/refracted? I think it would look a lot like that.
Nice one.
G

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It's a very beautiful sighting - it's totally a rift or a portal to Asgard - and it would have been neat to see the video without the glare. Nonetheless, it looks very much like a light pillar to me.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Looks to me to be a sundog or sun crystals illuminating particles of dust/ice suspended in the air, its quite common for this time of year and nothing to worry much about.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
it looks like they are trying for a variation of the peppers ghost trick setup in daylight instead of indoors or a dark area. the focus on that moving sheet of glass and the image in front of the camera is fairly static and if they clean the smears off the glass and move it into some wear dark then the trick should work ok

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by suicideeddie

This is one video but in this one vid are threw different photos of the same event.
So we can blame the glass for this light pillar or whatever it is...

As far as the whatever... While I don't really know either... I still think it's pretty cool

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join