It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC removed my comment on FB concerning the UN IPCC report.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I was only trying to give the people the other side of the report concerning this.

www.forbes.com...

It has alot of information regarding the information left out of the published IPCC report.

Now mind you I didn't use the link. Only a few tidbits of information in the link.

I made the comment properly as not to offend anyone or use any foul language. I even went back a short time later to see if anyone commented about the info I gave. My comment was still there.

I just went back and checked and the whole comment was not there. It was deleted from the comments section.

I find this kind of amusing, but the more I think about it it is rather disturbing.

So it is ok to go on FB and berate people, call them names and attack their beliefs, and their comments stay on the board. But when people want to actually put information up for the people to further their knowledge on this subject it is censored????

I am definitely convinced there is an agenda out there that doen't focus on the truth of "climate change".

edit on 31-3-2014 by liejunkie01 because: spelling and grammar

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well, i dono what to say really ..

Mods live by the "do what thow wilt" slogan

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I was actually going to post a thread on how they're crying Global Warming/Global Cooling, El Niño this, La Niña that, and guess what? It's going to rain over here in Southern California, again! We're supposed to be going through some sort of regional drought because of Global Warming, and this is going to be at least the second time that it's rained here this month. I was recently a proponent of Global Warming, but I'm starting to think that there's some type of agenda thing going on. I realize that this part of L.A. county is not going through as severe a drought (supposedly), but rain for the second time in a 30 day span of time? I'm calling bullspits.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Sounds like a great thread idea.

I would use as many news headlines and links as possible.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I would, but I'm probably spending way too much time here on ATS...I'd be maxing myself out. Lol. Nah, hopefully my post here will get people's wheels turning. This is enough.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It seems to me that Forbes is trying to obfuscate the IPCC report by casting doubt on its findings, the same obfuscationary trick played over and over again. Some people, even if the IPCC report was 100% correct would not want to make any changes to their lifestyle, or profit-making potential. They simply do not care if their lifestyle is contributing to climate change as an aid to one of the many triggers, they want to party until they cannot party anymore. They do not want to do the right thing, they do not want to be prudent and reign in their greed and avarice, they want to spoil it for eveyone else.

Fortunately, they will eventually become a minority, and their lifestyle will be forcibly taken from them or, in the least terms, drastically reduced. The sooner the better.
edit on 1/4/14 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I generally try to stay out of climate change debates because deniers are a minority group. Look when 90% of the worlds climate scientists agree on one thing, it's likely true. Deny all you like the truth is there for anyone with eyes to see.

Cry natural cycles all you like. The truth is there is some truth to that. The big difference is between natural cycles and man made ones are not just "change but Rate of Change. Most Climate Change deniers are more concerned with how much this climate change is going to cost them then they are about it's true effects.

I won't respond or return to this thread as I have said my piece and do not care to debate anything with people that will ignore blatant proof. Want some more nifty evidence? Wanna see glaciers melting at an incredible pace? Try out Vice's recent special on Greenland. Hell, ask an Eskimo.

It matters no longer what has caused Climate change at this pace we have already passed the point of no return, especially with Emission on the increase and not the decrease.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

While I can agree with what you are saying to a certain extent,

Isn't it a good thing that other scientists and people in general are questioning some of the findings and content?

I mean after all I don't want to be handed a study of facts, when the study ciuld have been manipulated and cherry picked to serve an agenda that might not be in the people's best interest.

We need to change, thats great, but one thing history has shown over and over is that change, while beneficial tj some, can be devestating to others.

I'm all for greener pastures, but i'm not all for being hamded the bill while the "fat xats" do nothing but make money off of tge deal while us working class citizens pick up the tab.

They will not change their lifestyles, it will be us who pays the price.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

If the AGW proponents were serious they wouldn't be jetting all over the world ..They could have video conferences .If the science was solid on it they wouldn't hold the data and the codes to replicate their work .Wasn't it Mr. Inconvenient Truth that started a carbon trading exchange flying all around the country telling people the oceans were going to rise while he was buying up properties on the beech while collecting his royalties off of his invention (the internet) . You will know them by their fruit ....peace

edit on 1-4-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join