It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Childhood Repression - it’s causing all your pain.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

We’re made to stop expressing all our feelings as young children. We are forced to suppress them. Then we repress them. And there they say within us forever hopeful that one day we’ll go back to them, and let them out.

All our pain, illness, why we get diseases, all our need to abuse ourselves through our ongoing bad feeling denial, all comes from having to keep our bad childhood feelings repressed.

Whilst you keep but one feeling repressed inside you, you’ll feel its pain. Let all your repressed feelings out, and you’ll not have such pain anymore.

It’s your childhood repression that’s making you sick - nothing else.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

Let all your repressed feelings out, and you’ll not have such pain anymore.

Nor much of a social life.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Is it assumed that everyone has had a bad childhood then? I really don't recall mine being all that bad. I can't ever remember getting in trouble when I didn't deserve it. Matter of fact... I recall getting away with more than I could have had my parents been super evil.

I do think emotions and negativity can exacerbate illnesses, but I don't think that we all have bad childhood memories, suppressed or not.

I also see A LOT of children in Wal-Mart that probably need to suppress their emotions more than they are being taught to. JMO though.
edit on 3/27/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
Is it assumed that everyone has had a bad childhood then?

I am assuming that. Those children you refer to who should not be able to express all they feel so freely, do you think you were one of them when you were younger?

Did your parents reprimand you once, criticise you, stop you from being how you wanted to be? And just once. And if they did, did they then allow you to protest as much as you wanted when you felt hurt and unloved by them? Or would they have made you stop making you have to suppress some of those bad feelings?

The difficulty is that we forget the bad stuff because who wants to remember it; however my point is, all that bad stuff is still within us causing us all our pain and disease.

And good therapy will take you into it, even if you feel loved by your parents.

But of course, should you feel loved, and don't feel bad, you'll believe, as you've said, that there is nothing for you to go into because you're not repressing anything. However if you ever feel a pain or are every sick, even just cold, then it's because you have bad feelings repressed in you.

We want to blame a cold on stress, or an errant microbe that's attacking us - but why is it attacking, and why are you really stressed? What is going on deeper within you?

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That's pretty cynical Phage, but most likely true.

But then again, if you were a Lesbian Nymphomaniac

trapped in a Mans body like myself, the results might be

rather exciting.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by zuimon

Let all your repressed feelings out, and you’ll not have such pain anymore.

Nor much of a social life.

Absolutely true, however at some point I believe we're all faced with the question: do you want to keep having a social life whilst we're continuing to deny our repressed feelings; or, do you want to heal yourself of them.

For me personally, this is what the End Times are now about. It is my Time to End my Childhood Repression, and if I have to give up my social life, so be it, because as I've discovered anyway, it was all based on falseness and pretence, all because I was using it to run away from my bad feelings.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

Yeah, well. For the most part humans are social animals. There are exceptions of course. I'm not one of them.
I had a pretty good childhood though.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thats exactly what it is isn't it.

I cant get over my own guilt.

"oraaaagh, hoooraaaghh"

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Good thing about no social life is you don't subconsciously teach others to treat you the way ....or should I say 'where" you picked up all the pain as a kid.

I actually start feeling worse the longer I am around others.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

zuimon

I am assuming that. Those children you refer to who should not be able to express all they feel so freely, do you think you were one of them when you were younger?

Was I allowed to act like a complete ass? Absolutely not. I think we are all like that when we are young, that is why some folks never learn to act any better in public... or private for that matter.

Did your parents reprimand you once, criticise you, stop you from being how you wanted to be? And just once. And if they did, did they then allow you to protest as much as you wanted when you felt hurt and unloved by them? Or would they have made you stop making you have to suppress some of those bad feelings?

I was reprimanded many times. I wasn't allowed to touch the stove, break into the liquor cabinet, steal my parent's cigarettes, play in traffic, stay up all night, skip school, etc. etc, etc. All of those things is who I wanted to be at THAT precise moment in my childhood. Thank God I had parents that DID CARE enough about me to not allow me to do those things because they all seemed really fun at that time.

Was I allowed to throw temper tantrums when I didn't get my way? Absolutely not. I could however have a conversation about how it wasn't fair, how they just didn't want me to have fun, etc. What I could not do was show disrespect while doing it.

The difficulty is that we forget the bad stuff because who wants to remember it; however my point is, all that bad stuff is still within us causing us all our pain and disease.

I beg to differ. There are many people that really want to forget their childhood for many different reasons, but were traumatized so severely that they can not no matter how much alcohol they drink, how many pills they pop, or how many drugs they choose to do. Some of those people can not function in the real world at all because they can not forget, they can not repress.

And good therapy will take you into it, even if you feel loved by your parents.

Jim Jones.

But of course, should you feel loved, and don't feel bad, you'll believe, as you've said, that there is nothing for you to go into because you're not repressing anything. However if you ever feel a pain or are every sick, even just cold, then it's because you have bad feelings repressed in you.

Next time I get sick, I'll just smack my mother and father for giving up so much of themselves to both my brother and I while we were young. I'll let you know how that turns out.

We want to blame a cold on stress, or an errant microbe that's attacking us - but why is it attacking, and why are you really stressed? What is going on deeper within you?

The scientists are wrong then? There are no communicable diseases floating in the air? Why do so many people get sick during flu season? Is that a typical time when more folks are stressed because their mothers didn't hug them enough?

I mean no offense. I just don't agree with you here. From the way you talk everyone had a bad childhood. Good parents do chastise their children. They do teach them how to control their emotions. They teach them these things so they can function in the real world, so they will be able to hold a job, have a spouse, and deal with life in general. Without punishment, rules, and chastisement... we would not be able to cope with anything outside of our home.

It is normal to feel hurt when you have disappointed your parents. What IS NOT normal is to carry around a martyr mentality because your parents wouldn't let you wear your superman cape to school and by doing that... they crushed your spirit forever. Thereby leaving you with some sort of sickness for the rest of your days.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hey op, what do you know about control freaks? You know the type.
Have to watch everything everyone does.
Highly suspicious, nosey and paranoid of people for no apparent reason.
Usually quick to reprimand or talk down to people out of the blue.
Prone to use of force
Overly critical and tends to try and save people from themselves
Disruptive and even destructive to those ends

In my time I've normally seen this come out of "authority figures." The... general population (on the other hand) realizes everyone else is a grown up and capable of making their own decisions.

edit on 28-3-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sounds like the rightfully discredited Dr Spock revisited, to me.

Since when did 2 year old tantrums become healthy or righteous in any sane sense?

Would we then be having "Glorious Tantrum Thrower of the Month" awards posted far and wide with bumper stickers included:

PROUD PARENT OF: STAR TANTRUM THROWER

Certainly it's dysfunctional to prevent FITTING EMOTIONAL EXPRESSION in children or adults.

However, MATURING is a lifelong process of learning to refine and properly channel (within FITTING BOUNDARIES) verbal AND emotional expressions as well as physical expressions.

Unless, of course, everyone is idiotically and gleefully eager to cultivate

LORD OF THE FLIES

habits for our children, culture, society and social contracts.

Sigh.

Children who are allowed free reign expression of their emotions rightfully do NOT FEEL LOVED.

Consequently, they get older with significant degrees of very dysfunctional ATTACHMENT DISORDER and their relationships are plagued the rest of their lives . . . particularly with authority figures and those closest to them.

Not a happy picture.

edit on 28/3/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

edit on 28/3/2014 by BO XIAN because: delete double post part

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hmm, histrionic PD?
Narcissistic PD?
Avoidant PD?
Then of course theres antisocial PD

Fairly interesting.

edit on 28-3-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Lol Phage. Good one. I'm known for speaking my mind in my real life (outside of the internet) and yeah I had to learn that there are times you can't just say whatever you are thinking for sure. lol

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

What if the bugs only come to you to help you feel bad. And were you to go into those bad feelings, they'd lead you into your repressed childhood stuff. What if we only get sick because it's our soul trying to show us through the physical things aren't right within us emotionally, mentally, spiritually and psychologically? And what if by simply taking pills to make the bugs go away, you are adding yet another layer to your childhood repression?

And what if you were to go into the truth of your repressed feelings, you discovered that all you praise your parents for doing, all you call their loving you, in fact made you feel the very opposite. And that you're full of hurt from their unloving treatment of you?

If one wishes to explore such ideas, you can look at Dr. Alice Millers work. Free Book

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

Someone who wrote extensively on this data and "theory" is Wilhelm Reich. To let loose of even a small percentage of the times that adults stopped our movement, our running, our singing, and all the other actions and motions that children should be doing naturally - the "stoppings" then built into our muscles, one of the components that Reich called armoring - frees an individual up to do many other things in life. Like eat more Indian food, for one thing!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zuimon

So can we cure HIV thruogh talking it out?

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hm. I would say it is very possibly true for some, but making a blanket statement like that about everyone seems foolish.

I personally am not sure I have exactly that problem (and I have problems, and sickness) , but no, I wasn't repressed as a child. I was one of those of x Gen kids who were growing up at a time and place in which it was hip to let your kids form themselves without any limitations, any molds, any brainwashing. (Basically, to be left to fend for themselves without even wolves to raise them).

I think I suffered most from feeling the lack of protective limits, and spent much of my life after that searching for them. In other words, searching for a bit of repression. I didn't feel a build up of emotion inside, what I felt was a chaos of nonstop movement, without a real clear separation of self/other, or interior/exterior.

-And that problem caused me a lot of pain and even sickness later. Having no psychic walls, is as dangerous to your well being as it would be to have no skin covering your organs.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
So, it's all the parents' fault, even if the childhood was positive, sound and free of abuses. And we should allow our offspring to never learn to self-regulate their responses and actions, never let them in on the little tidbit that acting like a wild fit-throwing ass to get what is wanted doesn't actually accomplish anything. Right, gotcha. How very speshul snowflake of you.

The Free Range mindset works for the animal kingdom, but even animals have their limits and enforce or discourage behaviors. That alone should tell you that the Hippie Woo attitude of doing whatever you feel isn't as "natural" as you think.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

zuimon

We’re made to stop expressing all our feelings as young children. We are forced to suppress them. Then we repress them. And there they say within us forever hopeful that one day we’ll go back to them, and let them out.

All our pain, illness, why we get diseases, all our need to abuse ourselves through our ongoing bad feeling denial, all comes from having to keep our bad childhood feelings repressed.

Whilst you keep but one feeling repressed inside you, you’ll feel its pain. Let all your repressed feelings out, and you’ll not have such pain anymore.

It’s your childhood repression that’s making you sick - nothing else.

I think you might be on to something here. I want to throw a few things into the mix, based on my own experience, and what I've observed in other people.

I would disagree to an extent that it's emotional repression that is causing the problem. Children need to learn social skills, and how to exist happily with other people, and manners and a considerate nature really help in this respect. I can't tell you how irritated I get....cos I'm a grumpy old lady...with children who blether and interrupt conversations and sing constantly, and don't have any boundaries and look in your handbag and all your other stuff just because they want to look and have self important special snowflake opinions about absolutely bloody everything....but maybe that's just me.

But what if it's repressed creative expression that's causing the pain? We're creative beings, however that manifests for us as individuals, and to have what's really important to us creatively as children be repressed might be the damaging factor.

I don't want to talk about my own stuff more than I have to, as it's kinda private, and to an extent, I'm still trying to figure it out, but it's the clearest example I have. I fully appreciate it might be the only example, and I really am that weird, so thank you for your patience in advance. I'll keep it brief.

A friend once described me as a child soldier when I told her about this. I was born into a family of uniforms...almost everyone I'm related to was in one of the services, or a nurse....railwaymen, nurses, soldiers, airmen, firemen, military police....you get the picture. I even tried to go down this route myself, applying for nursing training at 17, to be met with a definite "no" fromt he nursing college. The problem is that although I'm very good with the social rules we all have to learn, and was from a very early age, what I believe is causing pain, real physical pain, is creative repression which started in childhood and still hasn't been resolved totally. From the age that I could pick up a pencil all I wanted to do was draw. My need for art and artistic expression was the most important thing to me, and my mum jokes about it now...all wanted were books and pencils apparently. Here's the rub...I was forced, and I mean FORCED....into every other kind of artistic expression as young as the age of 4 that would keep me away from art. I was sent to music lessons, ballet, (Note...if you want your daughter to have spinal problems later in life, make her do ballet before she starts school), ice skating...anything but a crazy, self indulgent, hedonistic, rebellious, wasteful, drain-on-society-will-never-earn-any-money artist.

I've just about dealt with it, but it's taken me till I'm almost 50 to get rid of the programming...I'm still not totally there, but the pattern is clear to me. The restrictions my parents and grandfather put on me, with the best of intentions, have been very hard to shake, and my pain manifests through lack of movement....fibromyalgia...and is eased by continual movement.

So what if we just need to find creative expression, and not so much emotional expression? What if the pain is a result of not doing what we're here to do? Just a thought...just my feelings on the subject.

edit on 30-3-2014 by caitlinfae because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join