It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATScom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Where I was taken when I typed "abovetopsecret.com" into the address bar. (the first time)

ATScom

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
So, for only $300 I can own this place, huh? Sounds like a deal!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Asynchrony

I'll sell it to you for only $279.99 and if you buy it in the next 10 minutes I'll ship it to you free!!!!!

link   
NO, for $300 you can own the domain name Abovetopsecret.....not abovetopsecret. The capital A is difference here.

link   
The browser shows "abovetopsectret.com"...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Asynchrony

Typo in the URL. You must have typed in Abovetopsectret.com

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I think it was abovetopseacrest.com

a Homoerotic fansite dedicated to ryan seacrest.

(post by openyourmind1262 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
We're that good, huh? Somebody uses the (proximate) name as an ad ?

Who pays three hundred to buy a misspelled website name?

The same people that go shopping because somethings "on sale".

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

intrptr

*quietly puts away his wad of money*

What, open your mind and I where just toying with an exploitative fan site idea is all.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Sorry, I don't watch TV but is Ryan Seacrest like the modern day David Hasselhof or something? I know, I'm probably showing my age and reduced contact with garbage media here but it really can't be helped. TIA

edit on 23/3/14 by LightSpeedDriver because: correction

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by benrl

Sorry, I don't watch TV but is it like the modern day David Hasselhof or something? I know, I'm probably showing my age and reduced contact with garbage media here but it really can't be helped. TIA

Trust me, you aint missing much.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

OK, thanks for the tip, my nerves are jangled easily.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

erm, I was responding to the OP, not you guys.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
That URL is above top sectret whatever, it's a spoof.

another, infowers.com...
edit on 23-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

intrptr

No. Plenty of people do hoping to catch someone misspelling a domain name. It's also good to drop some malware on your machine. Try typing variations on drudge sometime and see what you come up with. be sure to have your virus checker working before you do.

openyourmind1262
NO, for $300 you can own the domain name Abovetopsecret.....not abovetopsecret. The capital A is difference here.

The Capital "A" makes no difference. The next poster down is correct. Try it yourself. Your typing becomes "normalized" as your browser searches for the site. A lot of embarrassment would be saved if people actually verified what they were about to post ahead of time.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Thanks for the warning. All we need is a bunch of "mal"-contents coming in here with digital AK47's and start shooting.

So what about that? Is anyone going to give that a go and see if their virus blocker pings?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Who the hell's embarassed? I sure as hell aint. And I highly doubt Benrl is either. Either way we go with this, Seacrest is still an Arsehole. Benryl, hit me up with your ideas for that explotive Seacrest site. Maybe we call it..... Seacrap.com or perhaps Uppercasearsehole.com.
Let me know .It damn sure sounds like a cash generator
Edit: For Levity and the amusment of all.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

intrptr

Thanks for the warning. All we need is a bunch of "mal"-contents coming in here with digital AK47's and start shooting.

So what about that? Is anyone going to give that a go and see if their virus blocker pings?

Just FYI, since I'm a poor typist and often transpose letters so I've seen it, is the fake "download a new flash player" scam. It looks real enough and they tell you your flash player is out of date. Since adobe frequently updates their stuff, it doesn't look out of the ordinary. It's terribly difficult to exit the multiple-layer traps once you get there, but just go ahead and unplug if necessary. That won't hurt your machine, even though it will come back next time and say, "Windows closed unexpectedly, blah blah."

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

schuyler

intrptr

Just FYI, since I'm a poor typist and often transpose letters so I've seen it, is the fake "download a new flash player" scam. It looks real enough and they tell you your flash player is out of date. Since adobe frequently updates their stuff, it doesn't look out of the ordinary. It's terribly difficult to exit the multiple-layer traps once you get there, but just go ahead and unplug if necessary. That won't hurt your machine, even though it will come back next time and say, "Windows closed unexpectedly, blah blah."

Thing is a lot of spoofs do that, including flash...so do the spooks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join