It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Intelligence Officials Believe Snowden Is Working With Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

andr3w68
Snowden is IN FACT, a Russian spy. Maybe intentionally, and maybe only after the fact when he was forced to flee the country.

Whether or not Snowden intended to act as a spy by giving information to Russia, you can be damn sure Russia is and has been taking full advantage of the situation. Do you really think they'll just let Snowden live there and ignore the fact that he has a ton of sensitive information about the US? Snowden is a goldmine for Russia.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
At least we know he's adjusting well and looking quite healthy in his new life.

Snowden on River Tour outside Kremlin

Indeed... He looks downright content.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by andr3w68

This is a no-brainer.
Of course Snowden is likely under their thumb now. They are the only power that is preventing him from being in jail a long, long, time.

Putin is now playing hardball since the Ukraine issue so Snowden was likely given an alternative, play ball with us or play ball and chain in a US federal prison where there is no such thing as parole.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

your quote: It could be possible. Russia might be trying to to turn us against our government, therefore creating a situation such as what happened in Ukraine.

The U.S. government doesn't need any help from Russia. They are alienating the American people well enough on their own.

Anyone who doesn't despise the current administration please raise your hands. I don't see any hands.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

LadySkadi
ya think Snowden got a "Free" passage to safety in Russia... no way.
edit on 23-3-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

I agree , I think they let him in for two reasons , first is to basically to give Obama the finger and second is that they probably get first looks at anything he let's out or maybe get to sift through stuff before it gets released.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I think wherever he would have ended up....he would have had to pay his keep with some kind of info.....
The Crimean situation is a handy crisis to blame on his actions and bring counterpoint to his popularity

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
maybe he is a double agent
mmmuuuuuaaahaha

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

LadySkadi
ya think Snowden got a "Free" passage to safety in Russia... no way.
edit on 23-3-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

Well he did, and anyway this thread is not about intelligence sources, it's about a congress commitee/select group on intelligence, the very people who would be the least to know, simply because they need to be fed information. Since the NSA is engaged in mass surveillance, by that I mean mass surveillance/autonomous mass surveillance, the commitee would have no clue as to the entirety of that information, nor be able to verify it. A bit like the 9/11 commision really.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

trollz
Do you really think they'll just let Snowden live there and ignore the fact that he has a ton of sensitive information about the US?

No way. I knew there was no way he would be there without giving them information. What I meant was that I don't think he is giving them any information he wasn't already going to be releasing.

Minusinfinity
I think Snowden could have revealed the info. anonymously

Yeah he could have... but I cant say I wouldn't have done the same. He knows what the government is capable of first hand. If by any chance they found out who had let the info out, they would have had him killed. If no-one knows who did it, it wouldn't be suspicious for him to end up dead.

JHumm

I believe they lie to us and congress ,but not for National security but for their own security.

I totally agree. The US government is nothing but a bunch of power hungry and greedy imbeciles.

I doubt he is a double agent. I think its a case of an enemy of an enemy is a friend for Putin right now.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
At least we know he's adjusting well and looking quite healthy in his new life.

Snowden on River Tour outside Kremlin

Indeed... He looks downright content.

I would agree with that, he does look content, someone not compromised at all, and apart from that, the Canadian forum also showed his intellect, and there is no doubt about the prgrammes that the NSA are using, like the 'choke' channels for mass surveillance. The gravity of that is way beyond the pale.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I would be content if I was dating Anna Chapman as well

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The question is this. Why does Snowden have anything the public would care about to reveal about the government and intelligence community in the first place?

Does the government really need to spy on every citizen in order to do it's job? Possibly, you could make the argument that the intelligence community can never be 100% sure about anything if they don't know everything they could possibly find out about everything and everyone. This might be true (likely IS true) BUT, they could get pretty close without ever needing to spy on Joe Sixpack without a reason or a warrant.

The PR fallout from the revelations someone like Snowden can make is too damaging to their reputation and credibility to offset any real world gains they could make in real national security. Why would they even risk it unless they're just shady characters and they don't even care what we think?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

It doesn't really matter whether he was or he wasn't since the US admitted that what he was saying was true. He's been tried and exonerated in the court of public opinion (if I'm stealing this last sentence from someone, I'm sorry; I think that I may have seen it for a split-second, and it stayed in my subconscious).

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Well, since he was on the run from the NSA and Fed's and Russia eventually took him in, who didnt think they would say that?

I am surprised they don't try to pin the Kennedy Assassination on him.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It seems to me that the average Jane or Joe in the USA doesn't need Snowden to turn against the corrupt, scheming scum bags sitting in government today but his revelations did reveal as absolute truth what many of us have been asserting for years. His revelations just made the scratching in the giant DC sandbox a bit more frantic in their attempts to cover the smell/sight of excrement. Perhaps the sight of those angry mobs "throwing da bums out" of Ukraine did make them stop and take notice?
I'm old enough to remember Nixon slithering out of the White House for having bugged a hotel room in an effort to find out what the opposition was planning. Now we have a president standing on stage bragging about how good he is at killing people and declaring his ownership of a pen and a phone and the ability to use them as he sees fit. We have a government agency saying American veterans are our biggest terror threat and using pictures of children for target practice. That tells me that we have a government full of very sick and dangerous individuals.
But yeah, I'm guessing that they ACTUALLY believe the fairy tales they are telling...and those new clothes that the Emperor, his wife and children have acquired are indeed quite lovely.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

"U.S. Intelligence Officials"

Those "officials" the ones I like to call public servants are knowingly and blatantly violating the Constitution in a treasonous fashion. Let's address that problem first.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
A lot of questions in this thread tonight? Questions like what does Russia know, why are they suddenly standing up to us.

I have to give the true answer.

When the topic was Democracy and Capitalism vs Communism sane world leaders couldn't really conceive of things like mutually assured destruction ( well a few could) but most leaders and most people weren't going to wreck it all over a political system, or even extra territory or cash.

Now I say this next part as a person who is basically liberal before anyone jumps on my back for saying it, I am explaining the reality Now as it is, not my opinion.

OUR POLITICALLY CORRECT, MULTICULTURAL etc, etc.... Is the first thing to scare the living crap out of leaders and people world wide more than the Nazis

What we are doing, what we are pushing is essentially a Benetton ad version of Nazi philosophy, we are looking at cultures all over the world telling them what human rights mean, pushing sex based agendas, race based agendas, religion based agendas and it is a THREAT to 90% of the world.

These are CULTURE ENDING PHILOSOPHIES, it goes beyond money, it goes to the core of peoples beliefs. WE have wrecked Islam using them as a scapegoat threat under the guise of tolerance, we are forcing cultural changes on even our Allies, we demand Japan not be Japanese, we demand Jews not be Jews Even in instances where people have basic fundamental ideals that are in conflict we demand they "just get along" under threat none the less of annihilation if they don't...

WE are asking... no, Demanding that Russian Cultural fall to our way. Accept gays, equal equal equal... on paper it sounds nice, after years of brainwashing most believe it, BUT, you can't tell Russian Orthodox people or Muslims or anyone else... they have to take their fundamental core beliefs and way of life and what gives them Unity and Strength and Culture and disregard how they feel.

Some of you will be so strong in your convictions of this new Way you will see this as another American rally to free the oppressed

You'd be wrong, Truth... it's based on 2 books, our whole society "Brave New World" and "1984" because that's basically all the freakin heck any of our leaders read in HS and well... both futures sucked, culture-less, no identity, bland and miserable.

And everyone around the world knows this future Utopian experiment of our sucks too

No one will even buy our food any more... this whole thing is a corporate desire to eliminate culture and replace it with worker drones who get along for cheap pay, it's not even about anyone caring about human rights, it's about eliminating culture and family for profit and control.

And Russia

Russia will remain Russian... they will hold Russian culture, to the last god damned man, we might as well have started to march on Moscow at this point, Putin is tired of it, he doesn't want Russia "multicultural" it's hard place with hard people he doesn't appreciate a Black guy trying to tell him what to do with his Country, he doesn't want being "Gay" popularized, he has no intention on ethnic immigration and he will fight WW3 if we don't stop this crap.

So will China, So will India Eventually, much of Europe isn't exactly thrilled... and lets not forget our Allies, Japan, South Korea, Israel, The guys who know us best... they aren't going to let our multicultural philosophy our "idea" of what freedom means, destroy hundreds or Thousands of years of culture just because we defend them.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see major allies Like Israel or Japan completely turn on us and side with other foreign powers... England sort of already did over Syria

The entire world is sick of our poop

No one is going to replace a 1500 yr old diet and way of life for Mc Donalds and Cancer forever, people aren't going to abandon their gods and holidays to replace them with freakin Halloween and the 4th of July, not even Europe is being quiet about our attempts to destroy a world religion, they don't like being spied on, they don't want American corporate workaholic for no pay standards they enjoy living within an established culture and yes race, they don't want street violence, rampant divorce or a society where "Freedom" has been carried away to the point of a 13 year Obese Kid being able to tell her mom to Screw Off on a talk show because "she'll do what she wants" which happens to be screwing 11 guys by that age.

We are the Nazis this round, Putin stands up now because their way of life is threatened, we have become the bad guys, the only Tao is... there is no Tao and we are being a young and stupid culture trying to tell everyone else what to do and how to live.

Our system... leaves no Diversity, there is one culture Govt/Corporate, one food Govt/Corporate, one set of Holidays Govt/Corporate, There is no Race when you mix all races and that IS a Master Race Plan. By our standards today there would be only elimination of culture, elimination of diet, elimination of philosophy of genetics of heritage of ancestry and even elimination of sex, the family unit...

BRIC exists for a reason... to stop US, it's not just money, it's much, much more. It's to remain Brazilian, Indian, Chinese and Russian and support other smaller Nations... Just like we once did against the Nazis and in the words we spoke in every war... "FOR OUR WAY OF LIFE" I hate to break it to everyone, but we are the Invaders this time...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I am probably in the minority here but.....

I think Edward Snowden is a traitor who deserves nothing less than death by firing squad.

People are only aware of what the NSA spying issues, they have no idea that he released or has information that is extremely vital to the safety of this nation militarily. There is NO excuse for what he did and is capable of doing in the future.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

SLAYER69

ummm, he's been out of the loop now for a while, I wonder how many more of his 'Revelations' are still viably reliable.
Exactly. That script was scary-obvious the minute the conditions of his asylum deal were made public.

If that (expletive withheld) Greenwald actually had damning information he could access, he'd have splooged all over by now.

No doubt Snowden made off with some good stuff, and no doubt he was relieved of his burden by the Chinese and the Russians.

All that said, the rest of the story is sure to be written by the dudes behind the curtains. Nothing is believable at this point ... and I can tell you for a fact the documents in Snowden's TED talk we're improperly formatted ... while the ones released prior to turning himself in to the Chinese were real McCoys (can't speak to the content FTR).

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

RickinVa
I am probably in the minority here but.....

I think Edward Snowden is a traitor who deserves nothing less than death by firing squad.

People are only aware of what the NSA spying issues, they have no idea that he released or has information that is extremely vital to the safety of this nation militarily. There is NO excuse for what he did and is capable of doing in the future.

Being able to speak your mind is a fundamental principal of this nation, I wont debate traitor or not traitor, in theory the guy is a traitor.

Rather i'd say just this, when your nation is built upon secrets, back room deals and lies this is inevitable.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join