It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IQ Test - With No Maths Questions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I just found this on the net:

IQ Test With No Maths Questions

This test uses, instead, a series of 39 pictures and you must work out the logic behind the patterns. They've replaced mathematics with learning ability. Which is great - I never really believed that being a mathematician meant that your IQ was higher than everyone else's. Knowledge is useless without problem solving ability, and intelligence is all about problem solving and learning.

Now, remember that this is just an online test - nothing official. Still, I though you ATSers would find it fun so I put it up for you guys.

And BTW, if you happen to score "below average"... don't beat yourself up - in fact, just remember that Einstein couldn't tie his shoes and, in addition, couldn't speak until the age of 4... maybe true geniuses are just (very good) normal folks...

Anyway, Have fun,

At Time's End,

Swan

edit on 22-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

i got just over 100 but half way through i got bored and guessed alot of them to get it over with lol i might try again

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

math is problem solving wouldn't you say? hehe couldn't resist.
fun test, thanks!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
double
edit on 22-3-2014 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zedy63

Bored? lol...

Well... what were you expecting?? (puzzled smile) A movie? "Spot all 100 mistakes in John Rambo The Movie". Hey, that would actually be not that bad of a suggestion...

edit on 22-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueJacket

Not if you don't know what's the problem in the first place...

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

lol dunno really those types of quizes drive me mad fun though

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I scored 99 while watching spongebob with the kids doing it quickly
ill take that for a non effort attempt

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
101% and i just guessed a lot of them, but with being unable to check the answers who knows if the right answers are right?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
110... that was fun!

And bonus theres no math

S&F

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

105 apparently.
Seems kind of low.

Maybe I'll try again when I'm not so tried (and probably get an even lower score lol).

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
137.... it's mostly pattern recognition, it got quite difficult towards the End... i prefer my 146 with the math questions

edit on 22/3/2014 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Aww, man! This is perfect, thanks swanne!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
115.....im not gonna lie...some of that was really hard towards the end....and im a dissapointed it was a 115...i thought ive taken some and had in the 130s....i think the lowest ive ever scored on something like this is 110 but ive never taken a real one.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
100 in less than ten minutes and guessing at the last 10. i got bored too.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I did 24 questions and handed in the test, leaving the rest blank. I got a ninety seven IQ. What a boring test that is. I still had 28 minutes to finish the test...That would seem like a long time. It doesn't tell you how many you get right. Bummer.

At least I have an IQ of 97

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I got a 106 on yours.

I took this one www.iqtest.com...

It measures some math, some verbal acuity, some logic and some pattern recognition. I got a 136 on it.

I suck at straight pattern recognition!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

lol, I decided to take this test because it appealed to the pattern junky in me and I was tested for educational ability previously at 17 amongst the battery of tests thrown at me. That result was 98th percentile. So there I was, happily solving the problems when...the phone rang.
I couldn't ignore it because it was my best friend calling about plans this evening. So there I sat, trying to complete the last 10+ problems while being a human being on the phone. End result? Just above average which proves my longstanding theory that talking on the phone sucks the brains out of me, lol. Tried a second time after fiance suggested I just do it again due to the phone call. For whatever reason though, he decided to start talking to me about it, wanting a link. Second score, 122 which is thrown into questionable since a number were already solved the first time around, making the entire thing a pointless endeavor, lol.

Theory based on this: Don't bother trying if you have any sort of social life. Relationships spoil one's iq measuring.* Now to wait 20 minutes and start chatting with my fiance since he's currently taking it.

Pretty good test though it isn't anything really new. Reminds me of the Naglieri Nonverbal mixed with the Hopkins Spatial Battery.
nycgiftedandtalented.wordpress.com...

*This includes people with significant others, children, pets, and telephones that may actually ring.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

" in fact, just remember that Einstein couldn't tie his shoes and, in addition, couldn't speak until the age of 4."
I thought it wasn't that he couldn't speak, but that he just didn't want/feel the need to?
edit on 22-3-2014 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Holy crap!

I just had my husband take it ... he got a 130.

But, I did find a couple things to point out with this:

In their efforts to not bias this test against anyone, they biased it. This test only tests a couple of narrow types of intelligence - spatial manipulation and pattern recognition. For one thing, these tend to be skills that men are stronger at naturally. If this test were based on verbal acuity, it would bias against men and toward women, but they ruled out language in an effort not to bias against anyone's native language or lack thereof. Also, there are many different ways your brain expresses intelligence that have little to do with pattern recognition which explains how so many can get lower scores than what they are used to.

As for my husband, he is particularly adept at these skills. Never, ever play any kind of pattern-based game with him. I learned this long ago. If you play strategy against him, go for games like Risk where he actually has plan based on more than just patterns; then you have a chance.

edit on 22-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join