It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The book of Enoch was the source of the biblical angelic names Michael and Gabriel.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
wow, very interesting stuff, guys.

ya'll seem to have figured it all out.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I have always wondered after the flood, did any of the fallen angels survive? If not then, why did some humans continue to make weapons if are descendants of Noah?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

possibly because the history of the flood and bronze and iron and the weapons made from it don't match the theology

please note king Sargon is not Sargon the great( the 1st Moses ) father of "Our Lord Amen, aka Menes the 1st pharoah of the united Egypt aka king Minos

The Iron Age is divided into two subsections, Iron I and Iron II. Iron I (1200-1000) illustrates both continuity and discontinuity with the previous Late Bronze Age. There is no definitive cultural break between the thirteenth and twelfth century throughout the entire region, although certain new features in the hill country, Transjordan and coastal region may suggest the appearance of the Aramaean and Sea People groups. There is evidence, however, that shows strong continuity with Bronze Age culture, although as one moves later into Iron I the culture begins to diverge more significantly from that of the late second millennium.

Iron II (1000-550) witnessed the rise of the states of Judah and Israel in the tenth-ninth century. These small principalities exercise considerable control over their particular regions due in part to the decline of the great powers, Assyria and Egypt, from about 1200 to 900. Beginning in the eighth century and certainly in the seventh century, Assyria reestablishes its authority over the eastern Mediterranean area and exercises almost complete control. The northern state of Israel is obliterated in 722/721 by King Sargon and its inhabitants taken into exile. Judah, left alone, gradually accommodates to Assyrian control, but towards the end of the seventh century it does revolt as the Assyrian empire disintegrated. Judah's freedom was short-lived, however, and eventually snuffed out by the Chaldean kings who conquered Jerusalem and took some of the ruling class into exile to Babylon. During the period of exile in Babylon, the area, particularly from Jerusalem south, shows a mark decline. Other areas just north of Jerusalem are almost unaffected by the catastrophe that befell Judah.

www.bu.edu...
edit on Friam3b20143America/Chicago20 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

btw better to ask
if only noah and his little family survived why aren't we all descendants of noah
dna evidence says the noah story as told in Christianity is ...um....not really gonna fly
edit on Friam3b20143America/Chicago38 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

like where is the story of how the chinese and the blacks and the celts etc after noah ?
edit on Friam3b20143America/Chicago14 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
as i said before there was real flood at 7000 bc, this quote illustrates a little problem with the biblical narrative

In most versions of the Noachian flood stories, the flood hero and his family are said to be the only people who survived the flood. Everyone else drowned according to Genesis 7:21-23: "All flesh died that moved upon the earth... and every man... Only Noah was left and those that were with him in the ark." Gilgamesh XI,133 reads: "All of humanity had turned to clay." This element of the flood story is clearly mythical, because it presents incredible facts, without evidence, about which neither Noah nor his story tellers could have knowledge. Noah could not possibly have searched all of the cities of the earth after the flood looking for survivors or even all of the cities of the ancient Near East.

Genesis 7:13 mentions only eight people surviving the flood, but according to Berossus at least two more people, the flood hero's daughter and his boatman, were also on board during the flood. If some story tellers neglected to mention the daughter and boatman, how many other people did the story tellers neglect to mention? How many survivors did Noah find in the cities he visited after the ark grounded? The received texts are silent on these questions, because it is not the job of a story teller to discuss people who are beyond the scope of the story. The overly broad words "all" and "every" are a story teller's generalizations based on the fact that his received text did not mention other survivors.

The Tigris–Euphrates river flood of 2900 BC occurred at the end of the Jemdet Nasr period in ancient Sumer, but the Early Dynastic I period that immediately followed the flood did not have a population shortage. Many people probably died in the six-day river flood, but many, many more survived, especially in cities that had little or no flood damage. According to archaeologist Max Mallowan, "no flood was ever of sufficient magnitude to interrupt the continuity of Mesopotamian civilization."
www.noahs-ark-flood.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

YoComrade
Great Post!

The Apocrypha is an interesting and somewhat taboo. I have a coworker that's interested in it heavily along with other gnostic texts. For me its hard to break the taboo, there is some reason these books weren't included in the canon. But was that to keep something hidden or to guard from something.

Anyway the movie looks interesting and I'll be seeing it. Also interesting hypothesis about Daniel, worth looking into.

I've found that the books left out of the Bible have interesting new perspectives on religion that don't equate with accepted Christian beliefs, so I suspect this is the main reason they were left out of canon.

For some reason, we tend to believe that those who decided these things, were holier or superior, and/or knew more than we do today. It's hard to realise that they were ordinary men, doing the best they could, with what they had. IMO they failed us badly, because there is so much information in these ignored texts that we need in this day and age.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
from the "I thought you'ld be taller" file

A reconstruction of a lost legend about Ziusudra (Noah) a Sumerian king whose river barge got caught in local flooding of the Euphrates River about 2900 BC.

the bible story really is beginning to look like to be about the aryan goths that ruled summer and then Egypt and contained Sargon the Great, and our Lord Amen...etc

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

I just got a really really weird thought. What if these 200 Fallen angels are actually the first "Spirited" beings to inhabit the flesh of the human body?????

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I find the apocrypha very interesting as a whole. Islam seems to stand alone in most of its teachings, until you learn more about the apocryphal books, then its an interesting mix of the apocrypha with what we know of Arianism today. The only difference then with Islam becomes the addition of another Prophet, namely Muhammed. Makes the apocrypha very interesting to me, and makes me wonder more about the earliest actual teachings of Christianity....
edit on 21-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There are alot of misconceptions and racist views in this thread. Some of the words that you guys choose to use reflects a deep misunderstanding of the affairs of the Human Family. We went from Aryan to

like where is the story of how the chinese and the blacks and the celts etc after noah

I don't understand what you guys mean??????
Ham, and Shem (which under close scrutiny one cannot tell the difference without the historical use of racism,and misuse and poor translated scripture, even most of the names of the descendants are the same)

and i did kinda find proof that there are harbors at 7000 years ago on the edge of the secondary continental shelf, and white red haired mummies in florida at the same time verified- Windover
proof of your flood

Really!!!!

On a side note, its funny that when we are trying to force false history onto peoples it comes in the same form. I find it fishy, its almost like smoking gun of false implant into history. The pre-colonial Americas were visited by "tall white men with red hair", the aliens are "tall white people with red hair", the ancient egyptian mummies (in africa I mind you) are "tall white men with red hair", the giants of the time before pre-recorded history are "tall men with red hair".
When I visit all of these accounts and spend years upon years trying to find a piece of understanding, I find out all of which I mentioned ARE NOT WHOLLY TRUE AND ARE EXAGGERATED AND ITS "COLOUR" REMOVED TO PROMOTE SOMETHING ELSE.
Specially when you get into the accounts and traditions from the people themselves, most of the time it is the very opposite.

As I remember one of the reasons it is not spoken of today is the description of the sons of god as blonde and blue eyed and how Enoch was told not to reject Noah whom he took to be one of there son's at first because Noah too was described as golden haired and blue eyed and looked unlike Enoch but like the son's of God, which by inference meant Enock was dark eyed and dark haired,

the translations of WA waddel indicate the rulling race which seems have broght preflood civilization to summeria, then egypt, etc were ARYAN GOTHS who were like all the pic of jebus blue eyed...etc
for example sargon the great was the original moses it looks like

Yeshua bn Yosef, had brown eyes and skin. Jesus Christ(blue eyes,pale skin) which is an european/western adaptation of a very,very old story. Its like there way of adding themselves into a VERY LONG tradition and ceremony.

A very intriguing text, the first recovered though they had known of it's existence there were no known surviving copy's until they found one in the possession of the ethiopian orthodox church, later another at Qumran which was almost identical, according to what scholars believe it was one of the books which was deliberately left out of the bible when it was compiled.

The continent we now call Africa has a very, VERY important role in religious affairs(of all kind) when one collects all of the dust and debris that is under the rug. But, if we let some of the books tell me or ATS, Africa-its diaspora and its mudhuts just appeared out of nowhere, but been here since the beginning of time , but haven't NO AFFAIRS IN THE HISTORY OF HISTORY, RELIGION OR CIVILIZATION and this is TOTALLY, TOTALLY ERRONEOUS.

Eithiopa's story is very different, AND "the story from ethiopia" is even more diluted and different.
We are basing everything off of "story from Ethiopia". Remember the Ethiopian that did not agree with the modern canon that was to be set in place, he was even "almost" murdered........I wonder why!?!?!?
I forgot his name, but I gave you enough.

This is utterly insane in my humble opinion. When I mention any fact coupled with any data or historically proven ideas like for example West Africas connection to central americas is labeled Afro-Centric by 99% of the people because 99% have been taught that there is no reason to look into Africa for anything. But research things for yourself, look at culture, ceremonies and most important LANGUAGE. The evidence is screaming loudly. But if some one mentions Red haired mummies, no one has the guts enough to say that this observation is inaccurate. How did they get red-hair will anyone say that?!??! I will provide a link to a youtube video, the video is may not be as important as the description that can lay this red-haired nonsense to rest.

Deny the lack of knowledge (ignorance)
Knowledge is Power.

Any whoo, my goal here was not to ruffle any feathers but to get some of you to think outside of the box.
Racism can only manifest itself by way of lack of knowledge (ignorance)

You tube search The myth of the red haired mummies
edit on 21-3-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by YoComrade

They were kept secret because a group of old men decided it was the best way to keep power by limiting knowledge and the rights of women among other things.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Danbones
as i said before there was real flood at 7000 bc, this quote illustrates a little problem with the biblical narrative

In most versions of the Noachian flood stories, the flood hero and his family are said to be the only people who survived the flood. Everyone else drowned according to Genesis 7:21-23: "All flesh died that moved upon the earth... and every man... Only Noah was left and those that were with him in the ark." Gilgamesh XI,133 reads: "All of humanity had turned to clay." This element of the flood story is clearly mythical, because it presents incredible facts, without evidence, about which neither Noah nor his story tellers could have knowledge. Noah could not possibly have searched all of the cities of the earth after the flood looking for survivors or even all of the cities of the ancient Near East.

Genesis 7:13 mentions only eight people surviving the flood, but according to Berossus at least two more people, the flood hero's daughter and his boatman, were also on board during the flood. If some story tellers neglected to mention the daughter and boatman, how many other people did the story tellers neglect to mention? How many survivors did Noah find in the cities he visited after the ark grounded? The received texts are silent on these questions, because it is not the job of a story teller to discuss people who are beyond the scope of the story. The overly broad words "all" and "every" are a story teller's generalizations based on the fact that his received text did not mention other survivors.

The Tigris–Euphrates river flood of 2900 BC occurred at the end of the Jemdet Nasr period in ancient Sumer, but the Early Dynastic I period that immediately followed the flood did not have a population shortage. Many people probably died in the six-day river flood, but many, many more survived, especially in cities that had little or no flood damage. According to archaeologist Max Mallowan, "no flood was ever of sufficient magnitude to interrupt the continuity of Mesopotamian civilization."

Other religions like Zorastrianism claim that a person called Ahura Mazda went around the planet warning everyone about a future disaster, and that they should build underground shelters (at least in Iran/Turkey).

eden-saga.com...

eden-saga.com...

It is interesting that so many tribes across the world have a flood myth, but not a fire myth, hailstone myth or tornado/hurricane myth.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

I apologize but you will have to explain exactly what you were ranting about after you quoted this text:

A very intriguing text, the first recovered though they had known of it's existence there were no known surviving copy's until they found one in the possession of the ethiopian orthodox church, later another at Qumran which was almost identical, according to what scholars believe it was one of the books which was deliberately left out of the bible when it was compiled.

I am unsure what your rant had to do with the book of Enoch?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

No apology required here and I am going to explain this because I believe it to be necessary not because I have to.

I'm not sure why anyone would quote a text and ask me to explain what I said after, instead of just posting the quote and asking??!?! That is weird.....But okay, I hope your truly concerned rather than looking for something that is not there.

I know that I have a seat in this council but, yet there isn't a chair.

^ That quote is from myself about the affairs of men, and the fact that I don't see myself or anything like me in the vicinity, nor is it talked about, nor do I feel welcomed, in any arena based off of data alone. Yet I know I have something tangible to share. I enter using my own thoughts and not the regurgitated non-sense that has been mobilized against myths, legends, stories and the indigenous ways of life and peoples.
I have been on ATS for quite sometime and it was a different place some time ago. I am fascinated with different subjects that can be found on here, before a "here" existed. It bothers me a-whole-lot when it seems that we can cover all of the worlds anomalies but limit them to 6 continents, with very few people here having a civilized respect for the birthplace of humanity and the cradle, playground, and classroom of civilization. The only thing that is mentioned about the place that is now called Africa, its diaspora or its contributions to humanity is Egypt which to many ATS'ers isn't an official African civilization despite its tradition, customs and languages (which is utterly erroneous) and Ethiopia which was purported to be a nation that was seeded with civilization from an "outside sources". Oh yeah, and lets not forget the Dogon, I am sure everyone is very well aware.......But not aware of the fact they, themselves claim to be descendants of Egypt, . The African Egypt, not the theoretical, Zahi Egypt I must add.

My "rant" or "stream of consciousness" (rofl for those who have ears) was solely an observation of the post in relation to the book of Enoch.
Point = why do you think Enoch was removed. The removal process was simple yet detrimental to the evolution of religion itself. No one should posses the power to remove things just because they do not fit your vision of what things should be and if you have to do so the act itself proves the source to be of a different origin than the alter(er)for their is no respect in this act. Religion was never introduced under this falsehood, older/newer religions simply incorporated older myths into newer ones. Christianity did this as well, well somewhat. There were plenty of texts and scripture that had identical copies and were still burned based off of content alone.
You know how we say deny ignorance, well they denied facts/reality/history and we are building on this foundation as if it were rock solid or wholly/holy or the truth. AND IT BOTHERS ME. It also bothers me to see lemmings (no disrespect intended to any individual) follow each other off of a cliff of deception falling deep into the abyss of ignorance.

Its simple, Enoch the Ethiopian, the first to walk with God, and chosen. It speaks volumes....and according to different traditions he did not die, but was 'translated' to heaven. He literally walked with God. This is a contradiction to what is purported about the peoples of Africa and them being cursed by Ham, which historically justified slavery from the fictitious Arab world into Europe.

The continent we now call Africa has a very, VERY important role in religious affairs(of all kind) when one collects all of the dust and debris that is under the rug.

I mentioned that because I have yet to read it here in this post or any other for that matter. I thought it was important, it would be like saying George Washington being a hero or a subject of research and never mentioning the US.
Peace and Many blessings.

In case this becomes confusing, I understand how it may come off that way, I will leave with a quote from my first post.

Eithiopa's story is very different, AND "the story from ethiopia" is even more diluted and different.

edit on 21-3-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: fix

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Well... here is my question so far, I will have to re-read your post again because I have a difficult time reading and understanding... you seem to flow from one thought to the next and it seems disconnected to me at times, therefore it takes me more time to understand you.

But... why is Enoch the first to walk with God when Adam was the first creation?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
instead of yacking it up with big fat words like "false" and "racist"
go get some references

might learn something useful while you are at it too
I did

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Yeah, references are great... and if we are going to be saying the bible is racist I think that is another thread entirely.

I was thinking this thread was about the book of Enoch, which I have an interest in. I am unsure what happened to discussing the book itself...

I really must have missed something...
edit on 21-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

stormcell

Danbones

Other religions like Zorastrianism claim that a person called Ahura Mazda went around the planet warning everyone about a future disaster, and that they should build underground shelters (at least in Iran/Turkey).

eden-saga.com...

eden-saga.com...

It is interesting that so many tribes across the world have a flood myth, but not a fire myth, hailstone myth or tornado/hurricane myth.

there is a real perponderance i find

its so exciting because like the windover find in florida - white red haired stiffs (7000 years old, verified ) new stuff is surfacing every day and it keeps burying the rediculious and raising the truth

The Windover Archeological Site is an Early Archaic (6000 to 5000 BC) archaeological site found in Brevard County near Titusville, Florida, USA, on the central east coast of the state. Windover is a muck pond where skeletal remains of 168 individuals were found buried in the peat at the bottom of the pond. The skeletons were well preserved because of the characteristics of peat. In addition, remarkably well-preserved brain tissue has been recovered from many skulls from the site. DNA from the brain tissue has been sequenced. The collection of human skeletal remains and artifacts recovered from Windover Pond represent among the largest finds of each type from the Archaic Period.
Windover is a small pond, about .25 acres (1,000 m2) in area, that has held water continuously since sometime between 9000 and 8000 BC. It is next to the Atlantic coastal ridge about 5 miles (8 km) from Cape Canaveral. As the sea level was considerably lower 7,000 to 8,000 years ago than it is today, the pond originally sat above the water table, and was filled only by rainfall and runoff from the surrounding land. At that time the pond had a relatively thin layer of peat under a thin layer of water. The subsequent rise in sea level raised the local water table, and in more recent times the pond has been fed by groundwater as well as rainfall. In 1984 the pond had a thick layer of peat, with five strata described by the archaeologists who excavated the pond.

"one of the most significant archaeological sites ever excavated."

en.wikipedia.org...

White Caucasian red haired mummies were found in Florida's Windover Bog. The mummies dated to be over 7000 years old.
www.youtube.com...
edit on Fripm3b20143America/Chicago39 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

well the flood is integral to the book of enoch so what i was hoping is that we date the flood..then enoch, because i think there is merit in his book
but, it has to be synchronized with the archaeological record

so by all means back to the book

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Danbones :
OMG!!!!!

Out of everything I posted I find it amazing and upsetting that you did not walk away with more. Very surprising.

Really, The only thing that you understood or saw was 'racism' and my post HAS SO MUCH MORE TO OFFER THAN THAT. If you really read it you may find something of use.
That is the part that bothers me! If you don't understand how people use the bible to be racist then everything I am saying to you can be received as nonsense. History can speak louder than any individual or his understanding or misunderstanding for the sake of the argument. If you CAN'T SEE HOW THAT IS RELEVANT TO ANYTHING YOU ARE TRYING TO PROVE THEN..........

I don't understand what you are trying to convey. Maybe you should limit the insults and the immature stance and speak what is on your mind.
First to walk, and creation are two completely different things. Like the sun and pluto.
HERE IS THE BIG KICKER FOR THOSE WHO SEEM TO NOT GRASP WHAT I AM TRYING TO GIVE. ADAM according to original tradition and script is the 'reforming' of man. . Please do your research, but first remove the veil of colonialism. See things as they are, not as someone wants you to see them. I refer to this thinking as "the prescribed way".

might learn something useful while you are at it too
I did

Opinionated DB

Greetings.
I really, really hope you reread and you will see that not only did I stay on topic but I promoted free thinking, something I believe to be a dead art but is suppose living and breathing here on ATS.
I understand that my 'writing' can be a little bouncy. I descend from people that speak in ideas and concepts rather than literal conveyance. I find the English language,( like many other indigenous peoples) to be very limiting when expressing from the inside out. This why hieroglyphs were 'discovered' because they speak in a language that is in harmony with our physiology. It speaks in natural pictures(Ideas, Concepts) just like the brain.

go get some references

I am going to tell you guys like I would tell my son.
I can give you a sample off of my plate, but you will have to research and gather the ingredients yourself to prepare your own meal. I am not in the business of feeding grown men that are capable of preparing their own meal. For all of literal goats out there, I'm saying I can tell you where the water is, and you make the decision on your own rather you want to drink or not, I can't bring it to you or drink it for you.

To whomever:
What I mean is I can't lead you by the hand and force feed you to persuade you to release your deathgrip on the illusion. I don't have that power. The knowledge is there, if it is really that important to you do NOT take my word, DO THE 'PROPER' research so that we may rest at the same place.

References to what???? What can't you find on your own, i'm not telling you about underground military bases, I am telling you about verifiable World History. Also, what I conveyed is a common truth that is pretty popular. Go Dig, and if your not, take the uniform off and set your tools down please.

and all of the sly little remarks are for children and when did we start staring foolishness.
So please, back to researching and representing the truth as it stands.
I'm out, I do not wish to be responsible for something I did not do.
Peace and Many Blessing to all. I hope you guys find what your looking for.
Can we all practice and try to be more 'Amiable'.

edit on 21-3-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: additions

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. I read all the posts from everybody. The contributions are great! That’s what ATS is all about. I love learning all these new things. I’d like to focus on another aspect regarding the work of Enoch and that is about the use of the term Watcher.

The book of Enoch and the bible book of Daniel have another thing in common. They both call angels Watchers.

Daniel 4:13, “I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven.”
Daniel 4:17, “This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.”
Daniel 4:23, “And whereas the king saw a watcher and an holy one coming down from heaven, and saying, Hew the tree down, and destroy it; yet leave the stump of the roots thereof in the earth, even with a band of iron and brass, in the tender grass of the field; and let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and let his portion be with the beasts of the field, till seven times pass over him;”

There are a few other sources that mention Watchers in their work. None of them come from the biblical cannon.

Philo of Byblos, Sanchuniathon
Book of Jubilees
Damascus Document
Kabbalah

Watcher

This still ties the book of Enoch to Babylon, where the angelic names come out of nowhere. The angels of post Babylonian exile always refused to give their names.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join