It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samsonite's Worldproof® warranty does not cover travel damage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
See it for yourself:

This warranty covers only manufacturing defects and does not cover any damage caused by misuse (such as transportation of unusual items), neglect, accidents, abrasion, exposure to extreme temperatures, solvents, acids, water, normal wear and tear or transport damage (by airlines for example). While non-warranty maintenance or repairs on your Product can be performed by any company, Samsonite requires that you use only an approved Samsonite service center ("Service Center") for warranty repairs. Improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repairs void this warranty.

m.samsonite.com...

Beware people, if your expensive Samsonite suitcase gets damaged during transport on an airline...TOUGH!

Wankers.

edit on 20-3-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

That's rich. I remember a time when folks made quality widgets and took pride in their craftsmanship.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Soooo... they make luggage that is under warranty as long as it sits in your climate controlled closet.

Sounds legit.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I'm going to have to check my car's warranty....

Probably null and void if you drive the car.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It sounds like a publicity for an American medication; "Product X is for those suffering from asthma. Ask your doctor, and don't use this product if you have ASTHMA." lol

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

NowanKenubi
It sounds like a publicity for an American medication; "Product X is for those suffering from asthma. Ask your doctor, and don't use this product if you have ASTHMA." lol

Very accurate.
I was given a prescription for medication for a bout of dizziness that I was having. Sure enough, right on the label of the pill bottle....'MAY CAUSE DIZZINESS'.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

butcherguy
I'm going to have to check my car's warranty....

Probably null and void if you drive the car.

No silly, only if it's on a road. Full coverage if it stays in the driveway.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
And I remember their commercial that had a gorilla beating the crap out of a piece of sampsoninite luggage .

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Yep, pretty much.

Maybe they are really unbreakable??

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

It's the airline you want to be getting on to...persist politely, involve whatever local fair trading organisation you have and keep going. Don't worry about fair trading not doing anything to start with, just tell the airline you've involved them.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
They let you assume that these luggage are warranted for damage. A lot of companies do this, they make you think that something is tougher than it is and we assume it is covered by warrantees. Our society actually encourages this kind of policy. Scamming people is promoted by America.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

A lot of companies like to push the boundary too.

Plus it's up to the consumer to read the fine print.

new topics

top topics

join