It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objects found in Malaysia Airlines search

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

Thanks for very the good info...

My guess is they have some type of advanced deep water sonobuoy that is highly classified...

According to this article, MAD only detects objects close to the sea surface:

"To reduce interference from electrical equipment or metal in the fuselage of the aircraft, the MAD sensor is placed at the end of a boom or a towed aerodynamic device. Even so, the submarine must be very near the aircraft's position and close to the sea surface for detection of the change or anomaly. The size of the submarine and its hull composition determine the detection range. MAD devices are usually mounted on aircraft." en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

DrHammondStoat

It's the media that has been claiming 'Hijack', the Malaysians have never said it, only that they weren't ruling anything out.
edit on 20-3-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

Not trying to start an argument but that's not necessarily true. They did say with high certainty it was consistent with deliberate actions.

www.france24.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
To me it looks like just another reflection like that from the surrounding area...

Personally I'm hoping that it's not wreckage and that the passengers are still alive somewhere...

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I think there is at least +290 families thinking the same way.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Radar picks up a lot of things that the computer automatically filters out. It will even pick up waves. That is why this search is so difficult. Leave the filters in place and miss something. Turn them off, and you have a thousand targets you have to visually identify.
edit on 3/20/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

DrHammondStoat

The search off Australia has been going on for days because they thought there was a good chance the plane crashed there, finding this debris has not been instant.

edit on 20-3-2014 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

Indeed. The image below shows the areas Australia has been searching for the past few days. The striped area shows where the "debris" was spotted.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

DeadSeraph

Agit8dChop
planted evidence.
nothing more!

Come on. Really!? You're piling on the stars for THIS ats? I called it in another thread. The plane crashed in the ocean. It was also extremely predictable that the uber conspiracy theorists would call bunk if/when the wreckage was discovered.

So what happens if they find the black box and all the flight data is intact? Programmed by aliens? The media is in on it with the lizard people and there is no black box? It's a hologram? The plane never really existed and all the victims families are paid crisis actors?

Completely ridiculous. Too early to say if this is wreckage from the flight in question, but if it is, I have no doubt we'll hear all kinds of wild theories about why the latest news is bunk. You know what, I question the media. I think for myself. I am even a conspiracy theorist (to a degree). But sometimes a plane crash is just a plane crash. Not EVERYTHING that happens in this world is predetermined by a shadowy cabal to dupe the masses. Accidents do indeed happen. Especially in aviation.

Yes, I'm seeing it exactly the same way!

I am surprised that no one here has picked up on a new twist to this tale!

If this is the debris from our missing flight then what on earth is it doing so far south? The only place for that plane left to go would have been the South Pole. It is thousands of miles from its intended destination. There is NO way the debris could have moved any real distance in just twelve days. If that is the debris then the plane did come down pretty close to where this debris has been spotted.

I am quite astounded by the lack of common sense reasoning being expressed by people here. I agreed with you on the thread yesterday that indeed it is in the ocean. If it is that far south that it went down then something crazy went on with the pilot. What would the plane be doing flying so very far away from the intended flight?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Gemwolf
To me it looks like just another reflection like that from the surrounding area...

Personally I'm hoping that it's not wreckage and that the passengers are still alive somewhere...

Seems like a waste of man hours and aviation fuel to go out and look at that, is that all their going by Gemwolf?

Anyway ,agreed, if not at least there`s a chance they are alive.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Depends on if the debris was carried there by currents or not I suppose. If the plane kept flying that far there are still reasonable explanations. Could have been a hijacking, could have been something that disoriented the pilots (smoke/fire, illness, loss of certain control surfaces). I remember watching one case on the discovery channel about an airliner which lost all controls except for it's rudders, so the pilots couldn't make any banking turns or control the pitch of the aircraft. The only way they could change altitude was by careful use of the engine controls. Could have been some malfunction that rendered the controls inoperable and they were stuck climbing at a shallow angle until they stalled and hit the drink. Could also have been some sort of onboard malfunction with their instrumentation where they thought they were on course because that is what their instruments were telling them, but they were going the wrong way and didn't realize they were in trouble until it was too late.

Any number of things can go wrong. Normally, airliners are meticulously serviced and maintained after every flight so as to prevent these issues, but it is Malaysian airlines...

edit on 20-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

gps777
Seems like a waste of man hours and aviation fuel to go out and look at that, is that all their going by Gemwolf?

Anyway ,agreed, if not at least there`s a chance they are alive.

I don't know. It could be that seeing that they have no clues whatsoever, they are willing to follow each and every lead or even hint of a lead. I think the biggest motivation is that the "debris" is in an area they expect the plane to be...

ETA:

John Young, manager of AMSA's emergency response division, told this morning's news conference in Canberra: "This is a lead, it's probably the best lead we have right now."

But he cautioned that the objects could be seaborne debris along a shipping route where containers can fall off cargo vessels, although the larger object is longer than a container.

He said that satellite images "do not always turn out to be related to the search even if they look good, so we will hold our views on that until they are sighted close-up."

Source

edit on 20/3/2014 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

BS it defies common sense.

Betya it'll be a highjacking too a? Well whaddya know?

BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

learnatic
reply to post by bellagirl

BS it defies common sense.

Betya it'll be a highjacking too a? Well whaddya know?

BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS

What exactly defies common sense (other than the quoted post)?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Live presser in 1 minute

www.bbc.com...

meh. Sighting of debris called "credible but not confirmed". No new updates as of yet it would seem.
edit on 20-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Revolution9

DeadSeraph

Agit8dChop
planted evidence.
nothing more!

Come on. Really!? You're piling on the stars for THIS ats? I called it in another thread. The plane crashed in the ocean. It was also extremely predictable that the uber conspiracy theorists would call bunk if/when the wreckage was discovered.

So what happens if they find the black box and all the flight data is intact? Programmed by aliens? The media is in on it with the lizard people and there is no black box? It's a hologram? The plane never really existed and all the victims families are paid crisis actors?

Completely ridiculous. Too early to say if this is wreckage from the flight in question, but if it is, I have no doubt we'll hear all kinds of wild theories about why the latest news is bunk. You know what, I question the media. I think for myself. I am even a conspiracy theorist (to a degree). But sometimes a plane crash is just a plane crash. Not EVERYTHING that happens in this world is predetermined by a shadowy cabal to dupe the masses. Accidents do indeed happen. Especially in aviation.

Yes, I'm seeing it exactly the same way!

I am surprised that no one here has picked up on a new twist to this tale!

If this is the debris from our missing flight then what on earth is it doing so far south? The only place for that plane left to go would have been the South Pole. It is thousands of miles from its intended destination. There is NO way the debris could have moved any real distance in just twelve days. If that is the debris then the plane did come down pretty close to where this debris has been spotted.

I am quite astounded by the lack of common sense reasoning being expressed by people here. I agreed with you on the thread yesterday that indeed it is in the ocean. If it is that far south that it went down then something crazy went on with the pilot. What would the plane be doing flying so very far away from the intended flight?

The aircraft was ''diverted'' from its intended course to China………. either it crashed accidentally or it crashed deliberately….

Why….??
Passengers or an individual with information OR a 'Cargo' being carried OR sensitive data…..

Where to….??
Diego Garcia

By Whom….??
Someone or a country with TOO MUCH to lose by allowing a passenger/person/cargo/data to reach the destination in China.

What next…??
AIrcraft wreckage to be found sooner or later or perhaps never…?

My sympathies to the Familys of the passengers on MH370 as i think they would be expendable in the above assumptions but alas we will probably never know…

JUST a footnote………. if you wanted to ''lose'' an aircraft in the ocean then an aviation expert said the following…

Australian aviation expert Geoffrey Thomas tells BBC World News: "This is about the most challenging location you could possibly pick... The seas out there can get to 30m (98ft) in height and the sea floor is about 10,000ft (3,000m) down. This is about as tough as it gets."

PDUK

edit on 20-3-2014 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Or we'll know but refuse to accept a mundane answer since the US didn't do it (which they would have had to if if went to Diego).

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Or we'll know but refuse to accept a mundane answer since the US didn't do it (which they would have had to if if went to Diego).

Fairpoint Zaphod

But i am posting on a conspiracy website about a possible conspiracy however much we 'don't' want to accept or believe….

In truth, the public will probably never know what happened here or doesn't realise what goes on ''behind the scenes'' as it were….
and it is probably un-healthy to think this way BUT i've always been a contrarian and willing to think things are not as they seem….. i hope i havent offended you with my open thinking..

rgards

PDUK

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

How do I send a pm msg on here to flyers fan?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I find it more than a little amusing how many people here are now refusing even the notion that the wreckage may have been found!

After all, if that were the case it would spoil so many conspiracy theories, and slay countless hundreds of flags and stars! No more Aliens, no more Black Holes...no more hostages in far away places. No more bizarro mega-conspiracies involving Diego Garcia and the US Government, cargo holds filled with incurable uber-diseases ready to wipe out mankind. Nothing, just wreckage in the ocean. (gasp).

Interesting.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

It could be the wreckage, but you obviously can appreciate after two weeks the governments searching want an end to this. Anything that can pass as plane wreckage from the boeing will do. Mabey US did us all a favour and dumped some Boeing wreckage there.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Sandra Sully ‏@Sandra_Sully · 6m
18 ships, 29 aircraft & 6 helicopters deployed in search 4 missing #MH370 Malaysia Airlines Flight. Latest on the search on @TenLateNews

latest from Australian news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join