It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guinness Opts Out of NYC’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade Over Anti-Gay Policy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

So all Irish are terrorists? I suppose Muslim holidays are only for raising terrorist funds as well because, you know, all Muslims are terrorists too, right?

Nope i said the the terrorist group the IRA not all irish..do you have problems reading text?

edit on 17-3-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

And sorry right back if I offended - though I sure do have a problem with saying Guinness is garbage. That's some serious blasphemy in my book. But hey, you're entitled to your opinion. I hope you're drinking something that makes you happy. Cheers!

Thanks also for the heads up on the avatar - I didn't know it could be breaking the rules with it. I'll take it down while I look into it.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

The Irish Americans have never needed a reason to collect for the PIRA..even McDonlads..anyone remember "BUY A BURGER BUY A BULLET"..

Wow, i used to hear McDonnalds did donate-to the IRA but ive never heard the "BUY A BURGER BUY A BULLET", was that a thing?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
The LGBT community is not interested in being "equal" with anyone. They are more interested in creating a spectacle for themselves because they love the attention. They hate the idea of "who cares if you're gay".. or "it shouldn't matter if you're gay".. they want you to know they are gay and intend on creating a big hot mess to show you how gay they are.
This doesn't go for the REAL gay people who are just normal everyday citizens. This goes for the queens and twinks who exploit their sexuality into a cartoonish nightmare.

Worth repeating.
Nothing to add.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
The LGBT community is not interested in being "equal" with anyone.

I disagree and this is where homophobia starts to breed. Gay people want to be thought of as part of the natural diversity of life.

They are more interested in creating a spectacle for themselves because they love the attention. They hate the idea of "who cares if you're gay".. or "it shouldn't matter if you're gay".. they want you to know they are gay and intend on creating a big hot mess to show you how gay they are.

Not always. There are radical elements in the gay community, I won't dispute that. However, show me a community that does not have it's out there thinkers and actors. We have fundy christians, we have radical muslims, we have ultra nationalist neo nazis... the list goes on and on. So singling gay people out is plain biased and unfair.

This doesn't go for the REAL gay people who are just normal everyday citizens. This goes for the queens and twinks who exploit their sexuality into a cartoonish nightmare.

I'm one of your REAL gay people, I don't partake in such tomfoolery. However, once again the straight community has some very perverted sexual caricatures of it's own. This is classic pot calling kettle black tactics.

As for what any of this has to do with Guiness, I present this; I'm a gay man. I drink beer. Guiness has just influenced my next beer purchasing decision because they have just shown me that they give a damn about who I am and supported me in a small way.

edit on 17-3-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

markosity1973
As for what any of this has to do with Guiness, I present this; I'm a gay man. I drink beer. Guiness has just influenced my next purchasing decision because it has just shown me that it gives a damn about who I am and supported me in a small way.

And that you see, is the only reason they have done such a thing. And you fall for it as if they really cared.
Hook, line and sinker.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Good on them. I took a moment a few days ago to write to Sam Adams commending them for boycotting the Boston Parade... I never write to companies. Whatever motivations (they could gain or lose for taking a stand) it's time more people started taking a stand. None of us have equal access until all of us have equal access.

Now on the religious bit. St. Paddy's day isn't a big deal in Ireland, making a big drunken holiday in America out of a day the Catholic Church barely acknowledges was a way for the Irish to overcome discrimination here in the US. Ironic that, huh? St. Patrick's Day has gone from "why do those filthy Irish need to parade their Irishness around?" to "hey, those filthy Irish know how to party!" to "hey, everyone's Irish on St. Patrick's Day!". Well everyone except the gays.
edit on 3/17/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Yusomad
And that you see, is the only reason they have done such a thing. And you fall for it as if they really cared.
Hook, line and sinker.

Clearly you did not read my post on page three

This is as much about ensuring you are seen in the right way by a part of your customer base as it is about Guiness looking after gay rights.
Fact; Gay men drink beer and lots of it.

Supporting them by pulling out of a parade that won't allow them to take part = guaranteed support for the brand by them. It's what you call a symbiotic relationship - I'll look after my customers and my customers will look after me

It's all about business for them, I am not stupid. Thing is though, they have taken the time to speak to my community. Something that not many businesses do. Of course I am going to support someone who takes the time to talk to me. Even if it is only driven by the want of profit.

After all, I'm going to buy beer anyway, so why not give my money to the company that takes the time to speak to me directly? Isn't that what advertising is all about?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What does being part of the LGBT community have to do with St. Patty's day? Are they saying you can't march if you are gay, or are they saying you can't turn the St. Patty's parade into a gay pride parade?

The way the gay community bullies people is just sickening.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well we can only hope that the "heterosexual" "community"(that sense of "community" and "being special" is exactly what alienates even the most open minded people) keeps buying such products then? Its only logical that we do not endorse such bias and decide to shop elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04
What does being part of the LGBT community have to do with St. Patty's day? Are they saying you can't march if you are gay, or are they saying you can't turn the St. Patty's parade into a gay pride parade?

The way the gay community bullies people is just sickening.

Or maybe the gay community just wants to say, "we love St Patty and we celebrate his day too." Did you ever think of that? Why is it when we want to take part in something, everyone persecutes us for 'trying to take over'

St Patrick's day goes off in gay pubs and there is more than a few kegs of guiness shared by all FYI

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Yusomad
Well we can only hope that the "heterosexual" "community"(that sense of "community" and "being special" is exactly what alienates even the most open minded people) keeps buying such products then? Its only logical that we do not endorse such bias and decide to shop elsewhere.

This is where I tell you to grow up and get over yourself. If you want to boycott a great beer for doing something for a group of people you are cutting your nose to spite your own face.

The heterosexual community is the overwhelming dominant force in society it always has been and always will be, when will you people ever realise this? The gay community is the little guy and the constant bagging and attacking us whenever we stand up to say something gets boring after a while.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

markosity1973
This is where I tell you to grow up and get over yourself. If you want to boycott a great beer for doing something for a group of people you are cutting your nose to spite your own face.

Pot...meet kettle.

Both sides are equally entitled to boycotts, protests, etc.

Edit: To end my underscore at the appropriate spot...

edit on 17-3-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

link   
Well now, let me weigh in on this for a moment. I am assuming that given the fact that all of the posters on here have figured out how to surf the internet and find this site and post on it that nobody here is completely stupid. Given that, aside from some obvious ill informed biases we all can see that the article says that the LGBT wanted to march openly parading their sexuality. I am rather certain that there were not heterosexuals parading their sexuality in the parades. Why did homosexuality have to be brought into the damn equation at all ? Why couldn't the gay people just said hey we want to march ? Why did they have to say hey, we're gay and wish to march openly ? Because like the OP stated earlier, they want to rub our faces in it and flaunt it. There is no other reason to even bring up their sexuality in a damn St. Patty's Day Parade. Like all of the celebrities "coming out" all of the sudden. What bearing should your sexuality have on anything that you have to come onto national tv and state it for the world ?

My point, if you are gay, that's your business. You do not have to flaunt it. You do not have to take over every damn thing. You got your filthy claws into the BSA and the institution of marriage. Now you want the St. Patty's Day parade too ? I'm so glad that the organizers stood up for what's right and blew their noses at Guiness and Heineken. I fart in their general direction as well.

link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Damn, i seem to fall under the *Queen* and *twink* Category of not the "Real Gay"

so does that mean people that ignorantly judge other people fall under the not "Real" Straight people?

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You know why the homophobes want to get rid of the gay lifestyle and ban anything to do with homosexuality?

They want to do away with temptation..I mean how else do you explain them saying all the time "gays flaunt their lifestyle in front of me and it is wrong". I'm straight and I do not think they are flaunting anything, Sure I see the occasional ad, picture or news story here and there but nothing out of the ordinary. I guess you really have to be looking for them to be really noticeable.

And if your looking for them..why? Temptation is why..and like a good homophobe you must get rid of it before it gets you. Right.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Darth_Prime
reply to post by markosity1973

Damn, i seem to fall under the *Queen* and *twink* Category of not the "Real Gay"

so does that mean people that ignorantly judge other people fall under the not "Real" Straight people?

In my books, yes.

'Real' straight people are not afraid of us gay folk because they are comfortable in their own skin and know we are no threat to them. How could we be? I am a guy who likes other guys. I am actually one less competitor for him when he sees a girl he likes.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

peck420

markosity1973

Pot...meet kettle.

Both sides are equally entitled to boycotts, protests, etc.

Edit: To end my underscore at the appropriate spot...

You want to boycott a beer over this then great. All the more for me to drink......

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Heh, why are gays allowed to have a parade? I don't see a big "straight parade" every year celebrating people those that aren't gay. Personally I don't see why any group gets a parade....In my opinion parades should be celebrated for holidays and for special persons (like if you cured cancer or are some crazy war hero that did something impossible). St. Patrick's day falls under the category of holiday, Gay people don't have a "Gay Day" but they still get a parade. How many #ing parades do they need to interfere with? When will it be enough? I don't have anything against gay persons but give me a #ing break. It's not like we're not letting them have one.
edit on 17-3-2014 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2014 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Seriously ? Trying to push the bulls#$% idea that the only people that can possibly anti gay are closet gays ? Whatever......

I assure you I am not closet gay or tempted in any way by homosexuality.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join