It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomnod.com Sighting .... Wtf is this plane doing here? Could this be Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

andy1972

SonoftheSun
reply to post by andy1972

And there I was thinking it was aliens or something...

It was aliens...disguised as chinese..to provoke WW3..

go ahead and say whats on your mind andy... Your an ATSer too!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Fabulous, a reply-all

You've done the news outlets a great service, sending them the picture of a plane that bears little resemblance to the plane they could be looking for instead.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Meditationplus
reply to post by FlyersFan

One it is not MH370 or even a 777.

2... why would you report to a news agency which is going to glorify any information you give to them if they release it.

The ratings for CNN and Fox news have dropped significantly over the past 3 years. By rating its mostly companies which leave there TVs on all day that are the views of both news stations.

The comments of ATS are become beyond ridiculous.
I have to agree it's pretty silly to report this as the plane. Does anyone know the location of this satellite picture? Coordinates? I've been looking at google maps and can't place it. There is clearly a dam SW of the plane in the pic. There seems to be quite a few dams in Malaysia but I cannot find this location as of yet.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I think OP posted the coordinates. It should be in one of the first few posts
edit on 3/17/2014 by ChaosEpsilon because: (no reason given)

link   
I just get the feeling that there are people out there who don't want anyone to find the airplane, so they come to places like this and first try to scare people, then try to make them feel bad....

but why???

link   
My intentions were only to bring attention to this, in hopes of helping the people and their families. Not to become famous. Not even to be credited with finding it, as it was brought to my attention by some random person I found online. I'd just hope that if it were my family on that plane, EVERYONE would exhaust EVERY resource possible to help bring my loved ones home. I'm not an aviation, graphics, or geo-positioning expert so I couldn't help much aside from saying:

"Hey...look at this weird plane picture."

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Coordinates are located in the OP..

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well that is Andaman Island - Googl e maps location

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosEpsilon

Yes yes ... we all know your opinion that it's not the plane. WHATEVER.
There are people here who think it could be. Their conscience is now clear.
The information has been passed on to people who can figure these things out better then we can.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

The location is in the OP, Lat: 11.577303 Long: 92.680922 ........ it is in the Andaman/Nicobar Islands

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Bilk22
I have to agree it's pretty silly to report this as the plane.

I don't think the people are reporting it as 'the plane'. I think they are reporting it as 'a picture of interest' to be checked into. It clears their conscience knowing that it COULD be something and others with more information are checking it. No harm. No foul. It's all good.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by parad0x122

Your efforts are commendable OP...period. No matter the motivation (albeit I don't doubt your motivations as stated in the slightest) I am sure the families of the passengers of this flight would want every avenue explored, no matter how much of a reach it may be.

Your take-away from this should NOT be a feeling of any ridicule...you did a good thing today and I for one appreciate your efforts!

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I fully agree with you.

Good job OP!

edit on 17-3-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I think this has already been mentioned earlier but there is an International Airport at Port Blair/Vir Savarker (Andaman & Nicobar Islands) directly ahead of the jets trajectory. Is it not just likely that this jet is simply making its final approach for landing?
Jets co-ordinates 11.577303 92.680922.

Rat

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Don''t worry about the plane color. Could already be repainted. Just saying in case no one else has.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Darkblade71
I just get the feeling that there are people out there who don't want anyone to find the airplane, so they come to places like this and first try to scare people, then try to make them feel bad....

but why???

I don't think anyone's trying to "scare" the OP, but this is the second in-flight a/c I've seen today on tomnod - the other appeared to be a 737 or A320 on approach to the same airport.

Looking at the photo, I'd say there's a 99.99999% chance that it's *not* MH370, nor even a 777, and is, in fact probably a much-smaller aircraft, with fuselage-mounted engines (like I said before, a 727 or CRJ), in-flight. on approach to a well-known airport - it's 4.5 miles away from the runway, on a direct heading to Port Blair's airport, and on the same alignment as Port Blair's runway (40 degrees.) I mean, do the math ...

By all means use the tomnod "tag" feature, which is precisely what it's for - but alerting CNN, etc, is almost certainly overkill ...

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Anishnaabe
There is an airport just north east, if infact its heading in that direction, flying low to land? Not to sure, is that enough for a 777 to land/take off from? (Yellow line/ruler is the airports runway)

edit on 17-3-2014 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

Plane is flying low and comming in to land, that is clear from the pics. Now just check landings at Port Blair for that time to confirm flight.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
To all knocking Flyersfan while I agree it is not the plane although the location fits,At least Flyers Fan is trying to be active and inform those who may help rather than sat on their arse being negative...Wheres Zaphod.

Don't flame me I can't be bothered with trolls.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
A plane flying in those sat pictures would be a couple of days later then the day 370 went missing. Other planes do fly around. There is also an air port at Port Blair.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kuhl

There ya' go. Pass the info along to others who actually know what they are doing. Others who have sources that can check into it. Others with more visibility and contacts. If it turns out to be nothing .. then no harm/no foul. If it turns out to be something ... then folks here will be very glad that they spoke up with their thoughts on the matter.

It doesn't hurt to pass the info along and then 'let it go'.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join