It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Russia Today be allowed as a legtimate News Source on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I ask this question seriously.. because RT's reporting is state funded
propaganda.

Their (What are grudgingly called ) news items are fabricated versions
of events that the Kremlin wish to spread to the Western World .

Gullible types in the West use these as news items and links.. thusly
helping propagate the Kremlin lies.

I am asking the board and members if links to RT should be banned in the same way as God Like Productions are.

Both sources are equally false.

(post by Yusomad removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Yes 100%

Russia today provides images from people on the ground and not just chitter chatter from public relations consultants that are being paid to cover over the cracks.

10,000 people marching in the Ukraine carrying the Russian flag is worth a lot more than what some TV news reader sees as happening

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Why shoot the messenger?

Just never drop your guard by remaining alert and discerning at all times ok!

To seek only credible information sources is to store all ones eggs in only one basket and to buy into the current Kuhnian paradigm and seems at face value to be lazy!

Investigation should always proceed with Popperainian falsification methodology i.e. can this be falsified and if not must be prepared accept the answer as factually based.

So please don't throw out the baby with the bathwater!

The counterweight provided by RT, even if manufactured, has merit IMHO!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I would trust RT more than the MSM.

At least they report news other than what Bieber was booked for or what Kate was wearing.

P

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Yusomad
reply to post by rigel4

You really should be less straightforward, it makes really easy to pick you out as a shill.
Why not ban most or all of the western media, afterall, they are peddling the same western lies and deceit you seem to praise.

NO.. Not a shill.. I can pick through News sources that have biased slants in them ie (FOX))
and also the rest of the MSN...However Russia today is PURE propaganda.

If you listen to the their broadcasts,they can't go more than a couple of sentences without Anti Western Slights .. its disgusting blatant Lies.

So my question still remains.. RT is not a news source1 It is spin arm of the Kremlin.
So should it be banned on here?

edit on Sat, 15 Mar 2014 06:09:49 -0500096America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

pheonix358

At least they report news other than what Bieber was booked for or what Kate was wearing.

P

You would trust.............. pfft

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Oh, yes! Certainly! Lord/government/internet please protect us from having to read and assimilate important news from around the world that is contrary to what our government officials spout through our bought-and-paid-for media in this country.

Hey! While you are at, could your amend your thread to also ask that Fox News be A-bombed into rubble? It is such a pain in so many ways. I think that the Russkies are secretly financing it also.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

pheonix358

P

News like this?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Aliensun
reply to post by rigel4

Oh, yes! Certainly! Lord/government/internet please protect us from having to read and assimilate important news from around the world that is contrary to what our government officials spout through our bought-and-paid-for media in this country.

Hey! While you are at, could your amend your thread to also ask that Fox News be A-bombed into rubble? It is such a pain in so many ways. I think that the Russkies are secretly financing it also.

lols lols .. Why do you assume that i support fox?
bizarre take!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
If your all happy with RT then your welcome!

However time and time again I see new threads posted
here with the only link to Russia Today..

With captions like "Well it's from RT" The implication is that
RT is a more than trustworthy news source..

It riles me at the gullibility of some you.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
If ATS bans so many newssites it might as well ban itself with all the BS so many members are throwing on this site!
BAN EVERYTHING

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

pheonix358

P

News like this?

An excellent example of the latitudes of some media today.

I don't know about you, but I assumed that was RT's tongue-in-cheek way of poking fun at the scrambling that the US government did to explain just what went on with that event. Was that apparent missile ever satisfactorily explained? I sorta vote for the Plieiadians explanation myself.
edit on 15-3-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

pheonix358

I would consider RT main stream.

We can bleat about FOX being bias - something we all know, but RT is even more so as it is government controlled. The same applies to PressTV, China Today and anything coming out of nations who have a general problem with "free speech".

I am no longer surprised that people who like to think they are "informed" have not quite clicked to this obvious fact. Similarly, news from single-track "experts" is often highly suspect.

Regards

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

because RT's reporting is state funded
propaganda.

And all the US Networks are what exactly? Truth seekers? Good one

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

ZonedOut
reply to post by rigel4

Why shoot the messenger?

Just never drop your guard by remaining alert and discerning at all times ok!

To seek only credible information sources is to store all ones eggs in only one basket and to buy into the current Kuhnian paradigm and seems at face value to be lazy!

Investigation should always proceed with Popperainian falsification methodology i.e. can this be falsified and if not must be prepared accept the answer as factually based.

So please don't throw out the baby with the bathwater!
The counterweight provided by RT, even if manufactured, has merit IMHO!

Shooting the messenger doesn't have the same meaning here.
RT Is a manufactured messenger designed for propaganda.

It not the same thing as having a hissy fit because the news on for instance
Al Jazeera is not current with ones personal views.

For Instance Al Jazeera is not a government propaganda machine.
It has editorial biases of course .. like all news sources they are more or less biased
depending on the radical agenda running the company.

The Kremlin are running RT .. Would you trust the News channel from the Peoples Democratic Republic of North Korea?

No didn't think so.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

paraphi

pheonix358

I would consider RT main stream.

We can bleat about FOX being bias - something we all know, but RT is even more so as it is government controlled. The same applies to PressTV, China Today and anything coming out of nations who have a general problem with "free speech".

I am no longer surprised that people who like to think they are "informed" have not quite clicked to this obvious fact. Similarly, news from single-track "experts" is often highly suspect.

Regards

Winner ... why people cant grasp this is beyond me.
It's scary.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
You said, "The Kremlin are running RT .. Would you trust the News channel from the Peoples Democratic Republic of North Korea?

No didn't think so."

Heaven help us from ourselves. Who said anything about "trust" in any news org? That was just sloppy.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

who owns western news ? it is all the same different day

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Yup, well and truly explained.

RT is just as rubbish as FOX and the like.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join